Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why your team sucks 2021: Cincinnati Bengals
Well at least the people loving this article are being honest. Here is the direct quote from the first line

"Some people are fans of the Cincinnati Bengals. But many, many more people are NOT fans of the Cincinnati Bengals. This 2021 Defector NFL team preview is for those in the latter group."
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2021, 09:35 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Tried it how? It’s no good just on its own, but on a 3-way or coney it’s great. It’s not meant to be eaten like regular chili.

Apparently you did not read all of the comments carefully.  If you did you would know that Skyline Chili is poisonous feces that only people from Cincinnati can eat.

Real funny, right?
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2021, 09:42 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I wouldn't take any of it seriously.

The type of people who love to compete for "Biggest Whiner" and "Biggest Victim" take this annual column VERY seriously.  It is one of their major events.
Reply/Quote
Hey, I love a good board squabble, but have no intention of subscribing to Deflector (or whatever the site is called). Could someone copy and paste the entire article so I can tell everyone who is wrong?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
My recommendation for when eating Skyline is to always get the Extreme Cheese + add there hot sauce.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2021, 10:19 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Hey, I love a good board squabble, but have no intention of subscribing to Deflector (or whatever the site is called). Could someone copy and paste the entire article so I can tell everyone who is wrong?

You don't need to subscribe. There's a red "x" in the top left corner of that pop up box that allows you to just close it and read on. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I agree that (even jokingly) wishing death on Mike comes off as scummy. That said, do we need a 5 page debate about it? Nope. Let's just keep it light for this one thread please?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2021, 09:32 AM)MasonDT70 Wrote: I'm curious, is skyline chili just something you have to grow up with to like? I'm not a cincinnati native and the 1 time I've tried it I thought it was terrible.

My Wife loves it and she was born and raised in Michigan. I know lots of people who love Skyline which weren't born in the region. My buddy made some Skyline dip (mixed with cream cheese) and served it at bingo up here (Michigan) and people loved it.

Of course, lots of senseless people hate it as well, so it balances out. Mellow
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2021, 09:35 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Tried it how? It’s no good just on its own, but on a 3-way or coney it’s great. It’s not meant to be eaten like regular chili.

Tried it on spaghetti with cheese. That's the way I've always seen it shown. It's just never going to be my thing. Im.much more of a fan of Texas style chili. 
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2021, 12:57 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: My Wife loves it and she was born and raised in Michigan. I know lots of people who love Skyline which weren't born in the region. My buddy made some Skyline dip (mixed with cream cheese) and served it at bingo up here (Michigan) and people loved it.

Of course, lots of senseless people hate it as well, so it balances out. Mellow

I quickly learned it wasn't for me. Texas style chili is my kind of chili. 
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2021, 09:32 AM)MasonDT70 Wrote: I'm curious, is skyline chili just something you have to grow up with to like? I'm not a cincinnati native and the 1 time I've tried it I thought it was terrible.

Generally have found you either like it or you hate it. Doesn't really matter if you grew up with it, but there's not a ton of middle ground in my experience.

It's not the same as Texas chili and isn't a replacement for it so it's not a binary choice. I eat both, as does pretty much anyone I know who likes Skyline.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Skyline / Gold Star is “sauce” chili. Condiment chili, for a lack of a better term. Watered down and pretty terrible on its own..absolutely FANTASTIC on spaghetti or a coney!

Edit: oh and Gold Star kicks Skyline’s assssss. Don’t agree?! FIGHT ME IN THE STREET YOU COWARD!
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2021, 09:27 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Personally I am fine with people joking.  I don't see how you can take some of the comments serious and not others.  Maybe too many people are just fine with people acting like ass holes.

Probably true since they let you stay here.  Well aside from your occasional suspensions.   Ninja

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2021, 09:36 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Probably true since they let you stay here.  Well aside from your occasional suspensions.   Ninja

[Image: d91.gif]

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2021, 11:13 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You don't need to subscribe. There's a red "x" in the top left corner of that pop up box that allows you to just close it and read on. 

Thanks

The was terrible in so many ways. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2021, 09:36 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Probably true since they let you stay here.  Well aside from your occasional suspensions.   Ninja

(09-08-2021, 11:14 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: d91.gif]

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2021, 01:41 AM)MasonDT70 Wrote: I quickly learned it wasn't for me. Texas style chili is my kind of chili. 

See, this is your problem. Skyline "chili" isn't really chili.

It's more of a meat sauce that just goes really well on coneys, fries, burritos and dips.

If you go in equating it to regular chili, you're going to be disappointed.

You have to see it for it's own unique thing. When I'm in the mood for actual chili, I don't eat Skyline.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2021, 09:19 AM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Skyline / Gold Star is “sauce” chili. Condiment chili, for a lack of a better term. Watered down and pretty terrible on its own..absolutely FANTASTIC on spaghetti or a coney!

Edit: oh and Gold Star kicks Skyline’s assssss. Don’t agree?! FIGHT ME IN THE STREET YOU COWARD!

Sometimes I'll heat up a can and just throw in some cheese and oyster crackers, but generally speaking, yes its much better on something. One of my favorite things to do is taking a "cup o ramen", dumping out the freeze dried veggies, rinsing the noodles off, heating it up, then mix in some Skyline with Cheez-It crackers. Yum.

The last line is blasphemy. Gold-star is objectively bland and inferior. Their restaurant is ok in a pinch if Skyline is closed, but the canned Gold Star is literally disgusting.
Reply/Quote