Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why...?
(05-14-2015, 05:08 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Whose service rep isn't from India?

Many call centers now reside in Bangalore.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 07:20 AM)Interceptor Wrote: And yet we were all still actively there - our presence on the board alone showed support. All we wanted was a better product on the field. That's all. Sure, there was bantering at times against rival teams, and yet they were accepted into the board community with no malice. And that's what it became - a community. Not just a narrow-minded fan board like the rest.

Yes, it was a real and unique community.  The Bengals.com Message Board is the only place I can think of where die-hard Bengals fans came together in such a great way.  Long-time season ticket holders mingled with those fans who can't get to the games including fans from all around the country, even internationally.  The closest thing I can think of is Cincy Jungle, but it's really just a blog and the other boards are not very active.

I'm still stunned by this even though I was just a lurker and didn't even post on it.  I'm also surprised no one in the media has even mentioned it, even on Twitter.  No statement to explain it from Hobson or the organization.  Seems like the perfect example of a franchise being disrespectful to the core of its fanbase.  It's shocking considering all the good things the Bengals organization has done over the past few years.  We should mass email Dehner or Coley to see what they can find out about this.
Reply/Quote
I'm glad that hell hole is closing.

Finally a place you can speak your mind without the mods and their bias coming down on you
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 11:22 PM)DaltontoKroftSBchamps Wrote: Yes, it was a real and unique community.  The Bengals.com Message Board is the only place I can think of where die-hard Bengals fans came together in such a great way.  Long-time season ticket holders mingled with those fans who can't get to the games including fans from all around the country, even internationally.  The closest thing I can think of is Cincy Jungle, but it's really just a blog and the other boards are not very active.

I'm still stunned by this even though I was just a lurker and didn't even post on it.  I'm also surprised no one in the media has even mentioned it, even on Twitter.  No statement to explain it from Hobson or the organization.  Seems like the perfect example of a franchise being disrespectful to the core of its fanbase.  It's shocking considering all the good things the Bengals organization has done over the past few years.  We should mass email Dehner or Coley to see what they can find out about this.

Think of it in the big picture. Even in a large forum like that, the effect of its closure means very little, even though it sucks for the regular visitors. The Bengals have hundreds of thousands of fans. Their twitter alone has 355k followers. The boards would have only about 100 regular posters and only a couple more hundred regular visitors. That is a pretty small amount in comparison to the big picture. While I don't think they should have shut down especially when it was so well run, it won't make a big difference in the long term. Hobson or the Bengals official account don't have to make an announcement on it because it would only focus on a very small amount of their fanbase. While that fanbase is typically very dedicated, they are probably more focused on getting a heavier social media following so the boards get the shaft.

That said, I think we should focus more on what we have now rather than why the old board closed.. Let's turn this into a forum people WANT to come to on a regular basis a let them forget that the old boards even existed. I might be biased being a mod now but I think we can keep this as a good thing and hopefully can attract random visitors well.
Reply/Quote
I doubt any player would shut down a message board because they understand that getting criticism is part of the job. Its probably because there the Bengals and it costs money to run it.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I believe what others have stated about PR, and the fact that the FO didn't want to supply a medium that could be used against the franchise more than anything else.

I think they simply thought it was time to move on. This board seems good so far, so let's hope it stays that way.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2015, 02:06 AM)eoxyod Wrote: Think of it in the big picture. Even in a large forum like that, the effect of its closure means very little, even though it sucks for the regular visitors. The Bengals have hundreds of thousands of fans. Their twitter alone has 355k followers. The boards would have only about 100 regular posters and only a couple more hundred regular visitors. That is a pretty small amount in comparison to the big picture. While I don't think they should have shut down especially when it was so well run, it won't make a big difference in the long term. Hobson or the Bengals official account don't have to make an announcement on it because it would only focus on a very small amount of their fanbase. While that fanbase is typically very dedicated, they are probably more focused on getting a heavier social media following so the boards get the shaft.

That said, I think we should focus more on what we have now rather than why the old board closed.. Let's turn this into a forum people WANT to come to on a regular basis a let them forget that the old boards even existed. I might be biased being a mod now but I think we can keep this as a good thing and hopefully can attract random visitors well.
All good things....With the old board going under today I just want to say Thank You to everyone involved in creating this great new board.  It looks like the exodus has been a success so far.  We have a great platform to maintain what I think are the best group of Bengals fans on the internet!
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 01:01 AM)DaltontoKroftSBchamps Wrote: Did anyone get any feedback from the powers that be as to why they decided to shut the message board down?  I don't believe it's a money issue since the rest of the site will stay up.  Did the Browns/Blackburns keep tabs on it over time and decided to pull the plug after the draft?  Or was it the players?  Any inside info or rumors out there?

No idea and I asked moderators as well as emailing the franchise. Moderators gave the company line and no reply at all from the team itself.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 01:01 AM)DaltontoKroftSBchamps Wrote: Did anyone get any feedback from the powers that be as to why they decided to shut the message board down?  I don't believe it's a money issue since the rest of the site will stay up.  Did the Browns/Blackburns keep tabs on it over time and decided to pull the plug after the draft?  Or was it the players?  Any inside info or rumors out there?

I no longer care. This place is way cooler.
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2015, 08:03 PM)Beaker Wrote: I no longer care. This place is way cooler.

True dat.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2015, 08:03 PM)Beaker Wrote: I no longer care. This place is way cooler.

This place is cooler. My only concern is can we keep new blood rolling in? Bengals.com naturally got tons of traffic, and lots of new members as a result. We all should try to share the link back here when we're out and about on the Interwebs.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 04:20 PM)kdgjr Wrote: I could see it being the cheerleader thread...whoever is responsible for taking those pics deserves the blame. But whatever, this place will do just fine.

I went to highschool with one of the girls who tried out for the BenGals and I bet she would be pretty sad about some of the things being said about her. I agree that whoever Mike Brown hired of the street to take their pictures was horrible because the lady I went to highschool with is very pretty.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 04:20 PM)kdgjr Wrote: I could see it being the cheerleader thread...whoever is responsible for taking those pics deserves the blame. But whatever, this place will do just fine.

(05-31-2015, 10:28 PM)treee Wrote: I went to highschool with one of the girls who tried out for the BenGals and I bet she would be pretty sad about some of the things being said about her. I agree that whoever Mike Brown hired of the street to take their pictures was horrible because the lady I went to highschool with is very pretty.

That would be on the Mods.  They could delete those at any time.  That's not it.

On a side note...  do you really think the organization cares about the cheerleaders?  Look how horrible and cheap those photos were.

Not to mention they had cheerleaders beefing about pay. 
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote