Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why...?
Since Mike Brown is the root of all evil, I blame him.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 10:26 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I find the fans who post on the Bengals Facebook annoying.  Most of them have very little knowledge of the Bengals and are still spouting cliches from the 90's and early 2000's.

They don't share in the collective memory of the boards. If we were to ever hold a Jungle Noise convention, think of how many things would never have to be said. They're simply understood. Tongue
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Good to be back! Yeah, the boards were shut down to hush the criticism....just my opinion.
Reply/Quote
I'm guessing that management didn't like the ability of the fans to harp on negative stuff. It makes no sense as to why it was shut down. I would bet that they think Twitter and Facebook are much easier to control as far as content goes.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 11:20 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Since Mike Brown is the root of all evil, I blame him.

Yea

Guy's like an evil plant with his evil roots er sumptin

Every rose petal has it's thorn bush or sumpthin

I'm just riffin
Reply/Quote
I don't know the reason for the shutdown of the old board, but I thank those who worked on setting up this new board. I'm feeling better already.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 12:12 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Good to be back! Yeah, the boards were shut down to hush the criticism....just my opinion.

I agree. They didn't want all of the negativity on their site.
Miss Otis regrets she's unable to lunch today.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 04:00 AM)Toy Cannon Wrote: I agree.  They didn't want all of the negativity on their site.

I haven't been able to get on the Bengals.com boards since before the draft due to my current location. They wouldn't accept my IP address. So my question is, did it get anymore negative than usual? There's always been negativity.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 11:37 PM)Shady Wrote: They don't share in the collective memory of the boards. If we were to ever hold a Jungle Noise convention, think of how many things would never have to be said. They're simply understood.  Tongue

"Collective Memory" Have I been assimilated?
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 02:19 AM)Chipperson Wrote: Yea

Guy's like an evil plant with his evil roots er sumptin

Every rose petal has it's thorn bush or sumpthin

I'm just riffin

I don't remember you having this accent on the other board.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 04:35 AM)bonesaw Wrote: I don't remember you having this accent on the other board.

Maybe it's his connection.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 04:00 AM)Toy Cannon Wrote: I agree.  They didn't want all of the negativity on their site.

And yet we were all still actively there - our presence on the board alone showed support. All we wanted was a better product on the field. That's all. Sure, there was bantering at times against rival teams, and yet they were accepted into the board community with no malice. And that's what it became - a community. Not just a narrow-minded fan board like the rest.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I tried to quote Bonnie Bengal, but couldn't. Now I can't even delete it.

Anyway, my comment was I didn't notice any unusual negativity except for the thread about the cheerleaders pics on Bengals.com. That thread was exceptionally brutal.

My thought after reading that thread was; "Damn, I bet this pisses somebody off"...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 02:45 AM)Thundercloud Wrote: I don't know the reason for the shutdown of the old board, but I thank those who worked on setting up this new board.  I'm feeling better already.

Agree, honestly I lost interest in viewing the bengals.com page overall so it's nice to see a place exists now where we can have open Bengals talk. Cool
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 04:17 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: "Collective Memory"  Have I been assimilated?

LOL Are you kidding? How many people outside of these boards know who "Giggles" is?
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
I could see it being the cheerleader thread...whoever is responsible for taking those pics deserves the blame. But whatever, this place will do just fine.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 10:45 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: There's 3 possibilities I've considered, none of them involve money.

1. The wrong person read the forum. Possibly Mike, Katie, Hobspin, or maybe even a player or two. Perhaps Dalton, Gresham and/or Maualuga saw a negative thread and pitched a stink about it. Total speculation, but I could see something like that happening. All 3 of these players (and more) have fired back at fans on social media.

2. The FO just decided they want to focus on other parts of social media or adding something new to the website.

3. I'm not making any accusations (again, just speculating), but maybe the admins/mods were tired and wanted out, and the FO just decided to close shop instead of keeping things rolling with folks they weren't familiar with. 34 sounded pretty burned out to me and he was kind of the head honcho there. If that's the case, I can't blame 34, because I'm sure it was a lot of work and he was at it for 10 years.

I can see #3 being very realistic. Denny basically became just a character account. 34 wasn't around as much anymore. Even TBT and CIN didn't show up as much as you'd expect a mod to do. That's not a knock on them. They seemed burnt out before even taking on the extra responsibilities.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 07:13 AM)Interceptor Wrote: Maybe it's his connection.

Just like my connection with AT&T always makes their service reps sound like they're from India?
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 04:39 PM)Ryuko Wrote: Just like my connection with AT&T always makes their service reps sound like they're from India?

Whose service rep isn't from India?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Shutting down the message board allows Mike to put a generous down payment on a newer, lower mileage Chevy Lumina. It's Christmas in May!
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote