Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wide Receiver Josh Reynolds to Titans
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/22/report-titans-to-sign-josh-reynolds/

Thought for sure he would be on our radar.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I think the bengals are targeting another pass catcher early in the draft. I feel like this was the tell
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 11:08 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I think the bengals are targeting another pass catcher early in the draft. I feel like this was the tell

Just not sure how when we need the first 3 picks to go to Oline.

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 11:12 AM)jj22 Wrote: Just not sure how when we need the first 3 picks to go to Oline.

There's no way the Bengals spend that many early draft picks on OL.
I'd guess two max in the first 4 rounds. I have feeling they go just one who can eventually move to OT but could play OG for a year (or two).
It wouldn't surprise me to see the first three rounds go WR, OL, DL (in any particular order).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 11:12 AM)jj22 Wrote: Just not sure how when we need the first 3 picks to go to Oline.

What?!? No team would ever consider that especially a team with many positional needs. Even #1 & #2 would be a stretch. Two picks with one being a Day 3 IOL.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 12:07 PM)CoachGeorge Wrote: What?!?  No team would ever consider that especially a team with many positional needs.  Even #1 & #2 would be a stretch.  Two picks with one being a Day 3 IOL.

Then unfortunately Burrow won't last half the season again, and this time, if he even recovers from the last injury fully, there may not be a full recovery. 

That's where this is at given the circumstances. All other positional needs are useless given the state of our interior oline.

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 12:02 PM)ochocincos Wrote: There's no way the Bengals spend that many early draft picks on OL.
I'd guess two max in the first 4 rounds. I have feeling they go just one who can eventually move to OT but could play OG for a year (or two).
It wouldn't surprise me to see the first three rounds go WR, OL, DL (in any particular order).

Teams with young star qb's know what it takes. The Bengals don't and that's why you see their star QB's become the darlings of the league and ours recovering from reconstructive surgery. 

They have no choice but to focus on the line early and often in the draft. 

Burrow's future depends on it. 

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 12:46 PM)jj22 Wrote: Teams with young star qb's know what it takes. The Bengals don't and that's why you see their star QB's become the darlings of the league and ours recovering from reconstructive surgery. 

yep. Plus the running game will benefit, and that helps burrow and the team
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 12:46 PM)jj22 Wrote: Teams with young star qb's know what it takes. The Bengals don't and that's why you see their star QB's become the darlings of the league and ours recovering from reconstructive surgery. 

It's an option they could go, but I just don't think they go all offense for the first 3-4 rounds.
We know they're considering CBs still, as they just met with Asante Samuel Jr. ASJ is considered as high as a Rd 2 prospect and as low as an early Rd 4.
They still need to fill (at least) one DE and DT spot, and we know they were looking into FA DL even after getting Ogunjobi.
Last, they need a WR to replace AJ Green and take up a good chunk of his 104 targets.

This, unfortunately, is the problem with having too many holes and not enough draft picks, especially when they didn't fill the holes enough with FAs.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 12:07 PM)CoachGeorge Wrote: What?!?  No team would ever consider that especially a team with many positional needs.  Even #1 & #2 would be a stretch.  Two picks with one being a Day 3 IOL.

Im not satisfied with our Pass Rush situation..I feel on order to Hendrickson to be similar to how he was in NO, we need another legit threat on other side....either from FA or in Draft. ...and Hubbard aint it. 
Reply/Quote

How many teams have drafted OL every round on days one and 2? They still need more pass rush and a pass catcher. They might get one of these positions filled later in the draft but I’d bet they get an IOL later and draft pass rush and a good pass catcher as early as one.

I don’t think they are done in FA yet. There’s a decent chance they sign a guard as early as this week
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 12:42 PM)jj22 Wrote: Then unfortunately Burrow won't last half the season again, and this time, if he even recovers from the last injury fully, there may not be a full recovery. 

That's where this is at given the circumstances. All other positional needs are useless given the state of our interior oline.

LOL. It would be far more likely to get an injury to JB with 3 rookie lineman. Andrew Thomas (a top five pick last year) played like crap. The majority of lineman take 1-3 years to grow into productive lineman. Especially with the 20 & 21 years old that are more common than ever.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 02:20 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: How many teams have drafted OL every round on days one and 2? They still need more pass rush and a pass catcher. They might get one of these positions filled later in the draft but I’d bet they get  an IOL later and draft pass rush and a good pass catcher as early as one.

I don’t think they are done in FA yet. There’s a decent chance they sign a guard as early as this week

Not many teams would have mismanaged their star qb like the Bengals have for 2 off-season's in a row now. There is no guard left we can really count on to make a difference. 

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 02:46 PM)CoachGeorge Wrote: LOL.  It would be far more likely to get an injury to JB with 3 rookie lineman.  Andrew Thomas (a top five pick last year) played like crap.  The majority of lineman take 1-3 years to grow into productive lineman.  Especially with the 20 & 21 years old that are more common than ever.

Now you are figuring it out. Burrow is screwed either way now and we've failed him. Herbert, Tua, Murray can't say the same. 

Reply/Quote
Yes!! I'm glad!!
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 03:14 PM)jj22 Wrote: Now you are figuring it out. Burrow is screwed either way now and we've failed him. Herbert, Tua, Murray can't say the same. 

“Now I am figuring it out”?!? Weird!

We haven’t failed JB. The Bengals have a lot of young lineman. Pollack will push a much improved line out there thanks to FA, a rookie or two and development of those young lineman. The story of Jordan, Adeniji, Johnson, Price, etc. hasn’t been written in stone, no matter what their current status is.

Offensive line play is a man’s game. Don’t be so naive to think a player can’t develop into a quality starter his 3rd or 4th year. Evan Mathis didn’t start regularly until his late 20’s and went to the pro-bowl for the first time in his 30’s.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 04:03 PM)CoachGeorge Wrote: “Now I am figuring it out”?!? Weird!

We haven’t failed JB. 

Really? 

As people now believe Herbert (the new star of the 2020 QB draft class and OROY) should have been the top pick?

Remember the need for oline help last offseason that lead to a 4th or was it 5th round pick?

Remember everyone pointing to Burrow not going to make it through the season after week 2 just to see the end result we all knew was coming?

If this wasn't failing Burrow, I'd hate to see your idea of what would be.

Looking around to see what teams did for their young star qb's and it's hard not to see the failure unfortunately.

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 04:16 PM)jj22 Wrote: Really? 

As people now believe Herbert (the new star of the 2020 QB draft class and OROY) should have been the top pick?

Remember the need for oline help last offseason that lead to a 4th or was it 5th round pick?

Remember everyone pointing to Burrow not going to make it through the season after week 2 just to see the end result we all knew was coming?

If this wasn't failing Burrow, I'd hate to see your idea of what would be.

Looking around to see what teams did for their young star qb's and it's hard not to see the failure unfortunately.

Really? Yes, really.

Only a few people say the Bengals made the wrong choice. More common is the idea that Miami made the mistake. Most would still take Burrow over Herbert, myself included. They were neck and neck when JB went down.

40% was the change from 2019 to 2020. Jonah’s first year at LT. And the move from Miller (signed for Mixon’s sake) to XSF (signed for JB’s sake). Team felt okay with Trey and Hart (and that was mostly correct despite the inordinate amount hate Hart gets) They expected Jordan would continue on the end-of-year improvement he showed in 2019 (not an unrealistic expectation). By week 2, that was blown up. XSF went down and MJ declined (significantly). Then came more injuries and the constant shuffling of the lineup (my main beef with Turner). It’s what we ended up (disaster) not what was destined (an improved line).

This year we have a better coach, one solid FA tackle and likely one FA guard to go along with a Day 1 or Day 2 starting capable rookie. That’s not what failure looks like to me.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 11:04 AM)jj22 Wrote: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/22/report-titans-to-sign-josh-reynolds/

Thought for sure he would be on our radar.

Why would he be?  He's primarily a slot WR and we have Boyd.  We need an outside deep threat and Reynolds has one 40+ yard catch in four years in the league.  He wasn't at all what we needed.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 07:43 PM)Whatever Wrote: Why would he be?  He's primarily a slot WR and we have Boyd.  We need an outside deep threat and Reynolds has one 40+ yard catch in four years in the league.  He wasn't at all what we needed.

Calls for a deep threat wideout are outdated. Especially with a qb who isn't a bombs away qb. We need receivers who can catch and run from 10-19 yards out. 

No need for a deep threat with Burrow. Higgins can go deep here and there to keep the D honest. 

Plus in a play action offense like we run, you don't need too much speed that will have a wideout outrun the play. 

Reply/Quote