Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wide Receiver
I don't think we will take one in round 1. But could the Bengals surprise and see value as early as round 2? A few names to toss out there..

Hollywood Brown...possible 1st rounder suffered a foot injury and could drop. He is small, but fast and elusive

Kelvin Harmon...This one is kind of interesting. Harmon could project as a number 1 type receiver. Physical with excellent ball skills

Deebo Samuel...some consider him the most advanced route runner in the draft. Change of direction skills.

Any other names feel free to discuss..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
N'Keal Harry would be my pick if he is there. He is more of your circus catch type of WR who could be an AJ Green fill in if A. we can't resign him or B. he gets hurt again. I like Deebo Samual a lot as well he kind of reminds me of JuJu when you watch him. I think a Terry McClaurin for example could be a nice piece to take the top off as well.
Reply/Quote
I could see them taking a WR before the 5th round. Maybe in 2 if the draft falls the right way. I like Miles Boykin and Anthony Johnson as mid-round selections. 
Reply/Quote
I think we have other needs too great to go for wr in the second. We need to come out of the first two rounds with a linebacker and a right tackle. Should also add another of each in later rounds.

But third round and certainly by the fourth, if the right person was there I would endorse it. Don't know how long McLaurin of OSU will last, but mid rounds would be a great spot to get him. I've watched him at Ohio State and he's got it. Nice speed, too. A bonus with him is his ability on special teams, especially punt coverage, in downing the ball inside the five.

Trouble is we need a tight end, also. I love Eifert and CJ, but we need another one.
Reply/Quote
It's hard to gauge where we're at WR wise. Can AJ stay healthy ? Can Ross get it together ? Can any of the others not named Boyd contribute ?

If there's a high value pick in the 3rd I wouldn't be against it. We're on fairly shaky ground beyond Boyd !
Reply/Quote
If either N'Keal Harry or Hakeem Butler fall to the second I wouldn't mind those picks. Green is getting older and who knows what Ross is.

Terry Mclaurin and Deebo Samuel are guys I'd target in the third.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 10:25 AM)MentalRage Wrote: If either N'Keal Harry or Hakeem Butler fall to the second I wouldn't mind those picks. Green is getting older and who knows what Ross is.

Terry Mclaurin and Deebo Samuel are guys I'd target in the third.

I like Butler, just not sure what RD we'd have to get him in.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 11:29 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I like Butler, just not sure what RD we'd have to get him in.

Butler is a tough prospect to gauge. I've seen some people who have him as their WR1 while some think he is a third or fourth round guy. So I agree. I really don't know where the Bengals would need to draft him.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 12:37 PM)MentalRage Wrote: Butler is a tough prospect to gauge. I've seen some people who have him as their WR1 while some think he is a third or fourth round guy. So I agree. I really don't know where the Bengals would need to draft him.

It all depends if you think you can teach him to catch more consistently. One minute he can look like Calvin Johnson the next he is Greg Little. I'm in the camp that says you don't take guys who can't do their primary job i.e. catch the ball. 
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2019, 03:10 PM)Au165 Wrote: N'Keal Harry would be my pick if he is there. He is more of your circus catch type of WR who could be an AJ Green fill in if A. we can't resign him or B. he gets hurt again. I like Deebo Samual a lot as well he kind of reminds me of JuJu when you watch him. I think a Terry McClaurin for example could be a nice piece to take the top off as well.

This, Harry is the one that stands out to me if he falls to the 2nd round.

Kind of reminds me of a mixture of Julio Jones and Andre Johnson.
Reply/Quote
if they do choose a WR I expect him to have a large catch radius and to be bigger framed with speed....
Hakeem Butler would be a great value pick.
Kelvin Harmon faced some NFL quality CB at NC State.
AJ isnt going to be at a high level.forever.
hes starting to land on the IR a bit more and its time to groom his replacement .
Reply/Quote
I'd almost guarantee a WR in the first four rounds. I doubt we go there at #11, but would not be surprised to see one in the 2nd or 3rd.
Reply/Quote
I'm just wondering if it would make more sense to take Hock instead of a WR early if their looking for offensive support and the future.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
If its true and we are paying AJ and Boyd with new contracts. We still have 2-3 years left of Ross depending on if he earns his 5th year option, which I hope he does. Erickson was given an extension last year and returns, performs when called upon at WR, and is smart. I think a new coach loves what he brings.

Malone and Auden Tate better be aware that they are fighting for a job or they will be gone. I but I think both have a path to a roster spot.

I don't want to use an early pick at WR if we are keeping AJ and Boyd long term. I would love to keep both at the right price. If that happens we can wait until the 4th+ round to bring in someone who will challenge Malone and Tate for the 5th or 6th spot at WR.
Reply/Quote
I think both Ross and Malone have enough upside to where I probably wouldn't go WR in the first half of the draft until I saw what they could do under the new staff.

Wasn't Malone hurt for a good chunk of last season? I remember him having a pretty good camp before then...
Reply/Quote
Heck, if we're going WR, just go with Parris Campbell and make John Ross expendable.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Mid to late round WR’s I’d like to see:

Jalen Hurd, Baylor

Gary Jennings, WV

Terry McLaurin, Ohio St.

Dillon Mitchell,Oregon
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote