Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wife Met AJM & Wife (Positive Thread)
Figured we could use some positivity around these parts of the woods!

My wife is a store director in Kenwood (not saying to avoid creepers!) and she was able to meet AJ McCarron and his wife (as well as their baby boy). She has had the opportunity to meet tons of celebrities, some athletes as well, but she remarked this as one of her better experiences.

She said the both of them were an extremely 'normal' couple that didn't come off pretentious, ridiculous or 'rich'. She said his wife, who you could tell was pretty, was dressed down in leggings (goodness) sweatshirt and a baseball hat. AJM was just dressed like he was fresh from the gym (probably was). She said they were EXTREMELY polite, and courtesy. Wife also said they had one of the cutest babies (pretty people make pretty kids, surprise!?)

One of the remarks she made about AJM, although not entirely surprising, was how tiny he was. She said almost every athlete that came in, immediately their body build revealed that...she said she had no idea it was him until her employees told her. When we met Andy last year, she said he had more of a Football player build than AJM. Thought that was interesting.

Nothing entirely 'groundbreaking' but always cool to have someone experience a Bengal in a positive light.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
Also, to add on here...I also told my wife I was extremely jealous...that he met his wife! (Hahahahah!)

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
I've met plenty of football players and they are all pretty much down to earth people. I had actually became pretty friends with Glenn Steele. I'll never forget having to be his, Brahm and O'Dwyer's designated driver. They all were bashing the FO and coaches pretty good. O'Dwyer kept telling me to drive faster and punching me in the arm! It hurt but it was funny as hell!!
Reply/Quote
AJ is a good dude.....and yes, his wife is SMOKIN hawt.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 02:46 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: One of the remarks she made about AJM, although not entirely surprising, was how tiny he was. She said almost every athlete that came in, immediately their body build revealed that...she said she had no idea it was him until her employees told her. When we met Andy last year, she said he had more of a Football player build than AJM. Thought that was interesting.

And some people think AJM is better than Andy. Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 01:12 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I've met plenty of football players and they are all pretty much down to earth people. I had actually became pretty friends with Glenn Steele. I'll never forget having to be his, Brahm and O'Dwyer's designated driver. They all were bashing the FO and coaches pretty good. O'Dwyer kept telling me to drive faster and punching me in the arm! It hurt but it was funny as hell!!

Agree...I worked in the hotel industry in multiple NFL cities and have had the opportunity to interact with hundreds of players.  I can count on one hand the number of obnoxious players.  Former QB Dan Marino is at the top of that list.  Eddie George was by far the nicest (he stood for hours signing autographs).  I can't recall a bad encounter with a Bengal.  There are some with crazy potty mouths (talking about you Adam Jones) but never saw anything other than niceness from them

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 01:12 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I've met plenty of football players and they are all pretty much down to earth people. I had actually became pretty friends with Glenn Steele. I'll never forget having to be his, Brahm and O'Dwyer's designated driver. They all were bashing the FO and coaches pretty good. O'Dwyer kept telling me to drive faster and punching me in the arm! It hurt but it was funny as hell!!

Let me guess...Fort Mitchell Sports Bar?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Tell your wife to tell AJ that bfine wants him to say "What's up" for him to his mom.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Chad Johnson is way more normal than people would think as well.

Big fan of AJM and his wife just not blaming Dalton who is a fine QB himself.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 03:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Tell your wife to tell AJ that bfine wants him to say "What's up" for him to his mom.

No doubt, she's a looker too.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 02:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Let me guess...Fort Mitchell Sports Bar?

Yes it was!  The place was a dive but it was fun mingling with the locals whenever I was in town. 
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 06:15 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Yes it was!  The place was a dive but it was fun mingling with the locals whenever I was in town. 

I know because I hung out there quite a bit back then. Lived in the apartments behind the bar. Steele, Braham and O'Dwyer were regulars. Met Justin Smith as well.

Braham and O'Dwyer tried to pick up on my girl. I was only 21 and 155 lbs so I wasn't about to pick a fight with 2 Bengals linemen. Oddly enough, she was loyal to me that night, but wound up cheating on me a few months later, so maybe they almost did me a favor.

O'Dwyer in particular was a doosh. Justin Smith was humble and just quietly drank his beer.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 06:23 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I know because I hung out there quite a bit back then. Lived in the apartments behind the bar. Steele, Braham and O'Dwyer were regulars. Met Justin Smith as well.

Braham and O'Dwyer tried to pick up on my girl. I was only 21 and 155 lbs so I wasn't about to pick a fight with 2 Bengals linemen. Oddly enough, she was loyal to me that night, but wound up cheating on me a few months later, so maybe they almost did me a favor.

O'Dwyer in particular was a doosh. Justin Smith was humble and just quietly drank his beer.

I always wanted to meet Smith but never got the chance. You are right about O'Dwyer, he made me buy all the drinks.  Sorry about the old girlfriend, but it sounds like it worked out for you.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 06:23 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I know because I hung out there quite a bit back then. Lived in the apartments behind the bar. Steele, Braham and O'Dwyer were regulars. Met Justin Smith as well.

Shake, even if the girlfriend wasn't worth a bag of peanuts for character, you must have had impressive game to get a girl who drew attention from NFL players, right? Even if they were offensive linemen (this is a general statement, so I don't want Wyche, Sunset and Royle or any other former linemen to lose their mind here. I know y'all are the exception to the nickname "big uglies"). 
Reply/Quote
I just HAVE to know... were they eating tuna on rye when she met them?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 06:43 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I always wanted to meet Smith but never got the chance. You are right about O'Dwyer, he made me buy all the drinks.  Sorry about the old girlfriend, but it sounds like it worked out for you.

Oh yeah it definitely worked out. I've been with my Wife for almost 11 years now. Great woman.

(11-08-2017, 07:00 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: Shake, even if the girlfriend wasn't worth a bag of peanuts for character, you must have had impressive game to get a girl who drew attention from NFL players, right? Even if they were offensive linemen (this is a general statement, so I don't want Wyche, Sunset and Royle or any other former linemen to lose their mind here. I know y'all are the exception to the nickname "big uglies"). 

That's how I liked to look at it. LOL

Plus she didn't leave with them even though she was a huge Bengals fan. She was a little hot Italian (Cicilian) girl, but boy was she crazy. Total fireball.

As for O'Dwyer, I was happy we let him go to the Bucs the following year.
Reply/Quote

For the record, she told me she was single!
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 07:51 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: For the record, she told me she was single!

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 01:14 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: AJ is a good dude.....and yes, his wife is SMOKIN hawt.

I’m just glad Katherine found a good man. She and I weren’t right for each other.
Reply/Quote
That's pretty cool OP.

Since this is about the best place for my best 'encounter with Bengaldom' story I'll share it here.

Back in the bad old days of the 90's my folks and I came into town for a game on my birthday from Chicago. I knew how to get down by the locker room in Riverfront/Cinergy from previous visits, and after the game sprinted down there to do some autograph hunting. While waiting there was a radio crew there interviewing fans while waiting for the players to come out, I got interviewed and left the interviewer somewhat dumbfounded when I started rattling off random observations from the game. I don't think he expected a kid to be giving somewhat in-depth analysis. When the players started filing out, I had a sharpie with me, an adult in the area didn't, so I'd keep letting him use mine. From talking while waiting for players to emerge he found out it was my birthday, and every player that stopped to sign for us he'd tell them it was my birthday (I didn't want to be THAT kid and had been keeping my mouth shut about it). Predictably the players would then be super cool, wish me a happy birthday, the whole 9 yards. After things calmed down, security did as well, and all of a sudden the field was open! Not one to squander such a fantastic opportunity I sprinted out the tunnel onto the field. Got to run around a bunch, it was super cool to me at least to be on an NFL field (and MLB field for that matter).

Afterwards my folks and I went to the Boathouse for dinner. (Ribs & Onion straws FTW) As we were finishing up and getting ready to head back to the hotel all of a sudden Eric Bieniemy and Ashley Ambrose (with wives/GF's in tow) stopped at our table. "Hey! I hope you had a good dinner! Happy Birthday again!" I just about shit myself. The entire surrounding area was staring at us since two NFL players stopping to talk to a scrawny kid must have looked a bit odd. Bieniemy was one of my favorite players dating back to his days on the Chargers, so I was flabbergasted. Since we were also done with our meal we got up to head out, with EB and AA! We spent a good half hour in the entryway to the restaurant just talking football, while my mom chatted with their better halves. Took a few pictures with them, had the time of my life, and headed back to the hotel absolutely BEAMING with glee. Two of the nicest athletes I've met. Best birthday I've ever had, even though we lost the game badly.
Reply/Quote