Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wilcox needs some help
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Did a Bengal fan catch it?
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 06:31 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote:

I was so surprised watching him send his first TD pass ever into the stands. I thought he did it on purpose and maybe directed it to a Bengals fan. I'm glad you posted the tweet, because I've been wondering why he did this since the game.
Reply/Quote
I hope he gets it back. And I was wondering why he spiked it in the first place?
Reply/Quote
That was one helluva Gronk spike though !!! Lol
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote
Speaking of Mitchell Wilcox hes had a great year hasnt he? Hes done everything asked of him. With Hurst healthy hes literally just asked to block. Hes been asked lately to catch passes and hes caught everything thrown his way.

Undrafted guy who I think will hang around NFL teams for the next decade.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
We were in the end zone and I told my wife that if Brady uncorks one into the stands and I catch it….meet me at the car because I am running out of here with it
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 10:15 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: We were in the end zone and I told my wife that if Brady uncorks one into the stands and I catch it….meet me at the car because I am running out of here with it

Brady did throw one away in the stands in the end zone and somebody threw it back to one of the Bengals. Had season tickets for 30 years and never seen anybody give a ball back that went into the stands. Especially one a GOAT threw.

Wilcox could get it back in trade if the owner see's his plea, but if it's a TB fan they may not ever even know.  

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 10:08 PM)Housh Wrote: Speaking of Mitchell Wilcox hes had a great year hasnt he? Hes done everything asked of him. With Hurst healthy hes literally just asked to block. Hes been asked lately to catch passes and hes caught everything thrown his way.

They were interviewing the Bucs HC on Sirius today and asked him what he thought of the Bengals. Of course he complimented Burrow and the recievers, and then specifically commented on how well the tight ends block and how disciplined the whole defense plays
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 10:08 PM)Housh Wrote: Speaking of Mitchell Wilcox hes had a great year hasnt he? Hes done everything asked of him. With Hurst healthy hes literally just asked to block. Hes been asked lately to catch passes and hes caught everything thrown his way.

Didn't he lead the nation for TEs receptions at UCF?
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 11:57 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Didn't he lead the nation for TEs receptions at UCF?

USF, had 43 receptions in 2018.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2022, 12:04 AM)Foolishpride Wrote: USF, had 43 receptions in 2018.

Thanks for the correction
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 09:03 PM)Nepa Wrote: I was so surprised watching him send his first TD pass ever into the stands. I thought he did it on purpose and maybe directed it to a Bengals fan. I'm glad you posted the tweet, because I've been wondering why he did this since the game.

He didn't throw it in the stands, he spiked it so hard it bounced there.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I think Wilcox needs to lookout for that back endzone pylon he almost twisted his ankle on!! lol
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2022, 12:15 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Thanks for the correction

I think he got the USF school record for receptions, though.  (100 receptions, 1326 yards, 11 TDs)  

He had Quienten Flowers as QB his Fresh and Soph season, then turd soup at QB.  

His freshman season, he had 12 receptions for 278 yards and 2 TDs.  (23.3 avg)

When scouting guys like Wilcox, I always look at the QB play.  Sometimes you saw the potential with a solid QB, but then when a runner with no vision comes in, their stats suffer accordingly.  
Reply/Quote

Good solid player.  His emergence is not good news for the future of Sample on the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2022, 09:40 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Good solid player.  His emergence is not good news for the future of Sample on the Bengals.

Well that'll make some posters happy.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 09:12 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I hope he gets it back. And I was wondering why he spiked it in the first place?

I'm guessing just the pure emotion of the moment?
Reply/Quote
I wonder how many people in Tampa ran to the sporting goods store and bought NFL footballs, took them home and scruffed them up, then messaged him they have his ball.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 09:12 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I hope he gets it back. And I was wondering why he spiked it in the first place?

Excitement?
Reply/Quote