Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***(Wild Card) PLAYOFF GameDay Thread - Ravens @ Bengals***
***NFL PLAYOFFS - AFC WILD CARD ROUND***

Baltimore Ravens (10-7)   vs   Cincinnati Bengals (12-4)
Sunday, January 15th, 2022 at 8:15 PM on NBC
Paycor Stadium, Cincinnati, Ohio
Announce Crew: Mike Tirico, Cris Collinsworth, Melissa Stark
Referee: Clay Martin
{Streaming: Link 1 - Link 2}
Betting Line: Bengals -8.5

[Image: TCPoabk.png]

Reply/Quote
Here we go. Time to get back to and win the Super Bowl!

Tiger Who Dey
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Ravens plan on using Huntley and Brown. I'd expect Brown to be the starter while Huntley takes on a Taysom Hill like role.

Offense needs to step up to that stout defense and force them out of their run game to have the best chance.
Reply/Quote
Just to keep in mind

Refs seemed to be real reluctant to call defensive back holding and offensive line penalties

That could’ve just been that specific crews style but it’s worth noting as of DB holds are uncalled against us our offense will be greatly affected due to our reliance on our 3WRs making consistent big plays
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 01:41 PM)Housh Wrote: Just to keep in mind

Refs seemed to be real reluctant to call defensive back holding and offensive line penalties

That could’ve just been that specific crews style but it’s worth noting as of DB holds are uncalled against us our offense will be greatly affected due to our reliance on our 3WRs making consistent big plays

Keep in mind that these are composite officiating crews so regular-season tendencies for a crew go out the window.  But in the regular season, Clay Martin's crew calls almost double the amount of DPI and defensive holding on the visiting team than they do the home team.  Offensive holding they call on the home team.  Overall his crew tends to favor the home team.  He hasn't called a Bengals game since the 2020 opener against the Chargers

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
The Ravens aren’t the same team they were in the past. Ray Lewis isn’t there and neither is Ed Reed. The 2022-23 Ravens are shadows of those teams who make up for their lack of talent by playing like playground thugs. I can’t think of a team more ripe for an epic beatdown.
Reply/Quote
Miami winning in Buffalo, in the 3rd quarter. Jax coming back from down 24-0, no lead is safe in the playoffs. We need to stay on the gas and not let up all game.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 03:05 PM)pally Wrote: Keep in mind that these are composite officiating crews so regular-season tendencies for a crew go out the window.  But in the regular season, Clay Martin's crew calls almost double the amount of DPI and defensive holding on the visiting team than they do the home team.  Offensive holding they call on the home team.  Overall his crew tends to favor the home team.  He hasn't called a Bengals game since the 2020 opener against the Chargers

@marshallkramsky - Martin is tied for first in pass interference calls. Ravens are tied for second in P.I. penalties. Ja’Marr Chase just complained on Wednesday about not getting P.I.’s called.
Reply/Quote
WTF? They've pushed back the start time of Vikes/Giants because the first game is taking so long. Better not delay our game because of that bull shit.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 05:38 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: Miami winning in Buffalo, in the 3rd quarter. Jax coming back from down 24-0, no lead is safe in the playoffs. We need to stay on the gas and not let up all game.

Some of the worst broadcasting I've ever heard.  Is that Romo ?  He needs to shut up.  The jock color man has taken over and is all about Bills, and won't let the play by play announcer speak. I turned it off.  They won't get off of this Hamlin thing either, who is home and doing OK.   The whole play-offs is not about Hamlin.  What Romo or whoever that is doesn't get is that Miami plays Buffalo twice a year, every year, and now for a third time.  Playing a division rival a third time is hard.  This is what worries me about Ravens.  

I'm not watching much of that game or other games. My game is tonight.  Plus I turn 68 tomorrow, so I needed to rest all afternoon, and I have, just waking up.  You have to adapt to old age.  I'm rested and ready for BENGALS.  I won't be on here, which will make you all happy.  Last years play-offs, I paced the living room like a coach on the sidelines. I couldn't sit down.  I will be up walking miles from kick-off to end of game.  It's not a normal game, it's the play-offs.  Plus it's a division rival three times like those Bengals vs Steelers play-offs.  They know each other, it will be a War.  

I'm  glad game is in Cincinnati.  That helps.  Need THE JUNGLE to be loud on Defense as the 12th Man.   I now end this.  In a few hours I will be pacing the living room, so typing on here isn't an option.  I would love to see Bengals win big, so they can get Burrow out in 4th quarter for next game.  However the Ravens are probably going to put up a fight, this is a Division Rival for third time this season.  Both teams know each other too well by now.  Heck, they just played last week. 

GO BENGALS.....I'm stressed already, but I'll feel great with a Bengals Win.....I'm rested to pace the room like last years play-off games.....The Raiders at Cincy was a hard game, that Raiders D Lineman ate up Bengals right tackle all game. I look for Ravens to attack Right Side of Bengals patch work O Line tonight. Bengals need to mix in some Run to cut down on the Pass Rush. Don't go all Pass as in the loss at Cleveland on Halloween, use Mixon and Perine some. That has worked in the 8 game winning streak.
Pass and Run, Mix It Up.

Oh yes, the play-offs to Super Bowl, often the NFL & The Refs don't call it so touch football. They let them play more and less flags in most play-off games. It's not regular season, it's play-offs, and often you see less flags as they let both teams go at it. Some plays they throw flags on in regular season, they don't in play-offs. Often they let the teams play more. You have regular season level, now move up to play-off level mode.

Tiger Who Dey Who Dey Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Thompson has had so many opportunites to move the chains with his legs but instead was looking too long to make a play in the passing game that he missed the opportunity. Usually the rookie QB takes off running far too early, not waits too long to do so.
Reply/Quote
Am I the only one who felt that during the Dolphins final 4th down attempt, Gesicki was held while making his cut?
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 06:32 PM)kevin Wrote: Some of the worst broadcasting I've ever heard.  Is that Romo ?  He needs to shut up.  The jock color man has taken over and is all about Bills, and won't let the play by play announcer speak. I turned it off.  They won't get off of this Hamlin thing either, who is home and doing OK.   The whole play-offs is not about Hamlin.  What Romo or whoever that is doesn't get is that Miami plays Buffalo twice a year, every year, and now for a third time.  Playing a division rival a third time is hard.  This is what worries me about Ravens.  

Tiger Who Dey Who Dey Tiger

Romo has made it crystal clear he wants Buffalo to win. In fact, he just said, "Buffalo's season cannot end here," when Miami started their last drive. He's made his preference clear all game. It's a national broadcast: Does Romo think he can openly root for Buffalo because of what happened on MNF?
Reply/Quote
Credit to the Fins. They made it 10x closer than anyone thought they would esp w o Tua

Now. Let’s hope we get our job done tonight
Reply/Quote
The refs want Buffalo to advance.

No way any fair person couldve called that a 1st down
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 06:49 PM)Nepa Wrote: Romo has made it crystal clear he wants Buffalo to win. In fact, he just said, "Buffalo's season cannot end here," when Miami started their last drive. He's made his preference clear all game. It's a national broadcast: Does Romo think he can openly root for Buffalo because of what happened on MNF?

Let's be fair. He was opening rooting for the Bengals, talking about how they were going to the SB, while they were still driving in OT, needing a FG to finish it. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 06:49 PM)Nepa Wrote: Romo has made it crystal clear he wants Buffalo to win. In fact, he just said, "Buffalo's season cannot end here," when Miami started their last drive. He's made his preference clear all game. It's a national broadcast: Does Romo think he can openly root for Buffalo because of what happened on MNF?

And the very next words were, "or can it?"

And he was all over Miami's jock when they were storming back in the second quarter.

Bad take there.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 07:04 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: And the very next words were, "or can it?"

And he was all over Miami's jock when they were storming back in the second quarter.

Bad take there.

You can tell he said “or can it” because he knew he had to. You can tell in his delivery and cadence. The entire league is going to want the Bills to win the Super Bowl. I won’t be surprised at all if they win. Before the Hamlin injury, I wouldn’t have said that.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 07:14 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: You can tell he said “or can it” because he knew he had to. You can tell in his delivery and cadence. The entire league is going to want the Bills to win the Super Bowl. I won’t be surprised at all if they win. Before the Hamlin injury, I wouldn’t have said that.

Why in the hell would the entire league want Buffalo to win the SB when they were pissed off that the game didn't get completed? Buffalo put them in a bad position to have to determine playoffs. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 05:38 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: Miami winning in Buffalo, in the 3rd quarter. Jax coming back from down 24-0, no lead is safe in the playoffs. We need to stay on the gas and not let up all game.

And beware those back up QBs.   

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote