Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wild Cards Wide Open at Mid Season
Don't count out teams with 4 losses, or 5 losses, or even 6 losses....Now 7 losses is a stretch because they would have to win out and go 9-7 to maybe get in.....The AFC wild card picture is really up for grabs, but the NFC isn't much better. ...There are teams out there at 3-5 or so that could get hot and make the play-offs. The Bengals in 2012 did that......Indy for example is much better with Luck back.....Big Ben was back, but now he is hurt again.....there are only around 2 or 3 teams in the NFL that are out of it. ....The Wild Card games such as Raiders at Steelers make for good football.....Don't count out teams that have 4 or 5 or even 6 losses at this point. ...Certainly don't count out the Seattle Seahawks, for example, not just yet.....Some teams had early injuries, or close losses, but there are teams that could turn it around and be tough the second half and be playing great going into the play-offs. .....The Play-offs have already started, and keep your eyes on these battles between possible wild card teams or the wide open AFC South, remembering that an 8th loss could kill their chances, so it's all about who gets healthy and hot....Again, the 2012 Bengals started 3-5, but then went 7-1 to finish 10-6 and make the play-offs. They had huge O Line injuries to start the season losing the starting left guard and starting center, but they adjusted and the adjusted O Line went 7-1 at the end. ....Don't count these NFL teams out at this point if they have 6 losses or fewer. 

Houston is a team that still thinks it can win the AFC South or get a Wild Card. They do have that sack attack defense of Watt and Company and they still have Jonathan Joseph as a DB.  Hoyer at QB isn't all that bad.  When they play the Bengals, this is very much two teams both still thinking play-offs.  These are not SPOILER teams, they are teams that think they can turn it around and make the play-offs with half a season to go. I really look for Indy with Luck to win the AFC South, but Houston with Watt does have that defense. ....Play-offs have started for me, with some teams facing do or die games already. This is when it gets fun. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Steelers,Buffalo
Reply/Quote
Jets, Steelers, Bills, Raiders in the AFC. It's really hard to see any of the other teams without a nearly unheard of turnaround making it. Course the AFCS or farm division is still up in the air. But it's hard to see that division having a wild card shot.

The NFC is a lot more up in the air. There's probably 6 or 7 teams still with a shot. I wouldn't bet any large money that anybody is out of the NFCE yet, including the Cowboys, 8-8 may well win that division !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Steelers, Raiders
Reply/Quote
Jets and Raiders

Steelers and Bills both have hard runs.  

Bills/Jets games will decide if it's Jets or Bills .

I think Pitt loses at least 1 more game they shouldn't .  They should go 5-3 but they will end up 4-4 down the stretch.
Reply/Quote