Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wildcard Team that scares you the most
Steelers. They're also the toughest team we'll face the rest of the way in the regular season. Not the Broncos. Not even Arizona (who looked pretty darn good against Seattle).

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Has to be the Steelers, they are as good a team as us, the difference has been injuries. They also take a heap of winning experience into the playoffs.

Reply/Quote
I agree with the Steelers answer.

They have resilience and don't stay down. They are a confident team, and as mentioned before, they have adequate post-season experience.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 05:25 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: Steelers. They're also the toughest team we'll face the rest of the way in the regular season. Not the Broncos. Not even Arizona (who looked pretty darn good against Seattle).

Not scare of Arizona. They gave up 30 points to Seattle. We will torch them. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
In order of the current contenders, I would have to say.

Pittsburgh
New York
Oakland
Buffalo
Kansas City
Miami
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
The only team that scares me in the playoffs is New England, and we should not see them until the AFC Championship game. If I have to pick one though, I would say the Steelers because of the history. I think the team came out tight in the last matchup though, otherwise it would not have been very close. Hopefully they would be over the nerves and that would not happen again.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2015, 10:15 PM)J24 Wrote: There isn't a team that really scares me in the NFL that's not an elite team. A team that has been written off in the Broncos does scare me because that defense is pure fire when it is on.

but no longer has an offense to speak of.
Reply/Quote
Honestly, any wildcard team scares me. Yah, we're playing lights out right now, but I'm not gonna rest easy during our first playoff game regardless of the opposition. It's going to be a struggle to get the postseason monkey off our back no matter what.

San Diego didn't really frighten me a couple years ago.

(This year's team does seem different though!)
[Image: WiscoFan.png]
Reply/Quote
The wildcards? Meh, you have the Steelers without Bell and then a bunch of .500 teams with ho-hum QBs. Call me unconcerned.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 06:30 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The wildcards? Meh, you have the Steelers without Bell and then a bunch of .500 teams with ho-hum QBs. Call me unconcerned.

lets see who the possibilities are

Steelers
Bills
Jets
Raiders are leading the way right now for the WC race i believe.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 06:31 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: lets see who the possibilities are

Steelers
Bills
Jets
Raiders are leading the way right now for the WC race i believe.

Right, the Steelers actually have playoff experience and talent.  The Bills, Jets, and Raiders are hovering around .500 and all have scattershot QBs, for the most part.  I don't see any of the WCs providing much spark in the playoffs on the road against a division-winning team.  Carr, Fitz, and Taylor have all shown flashes but I wouldn't bet on any of them come winter time.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 06:40 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Right, the Steelers actually have playoff experience and talent.  The Bills, Jets, and Raiders are hovering around .500 and all have scattershot QBs, for the most part.  I don't see any of the WCs providing much spark in the playoffs on the road against a division-winning team.  Carr, Fitz, and Taylor have all shown flashes but I wouldn't bet on any of them come winter time.

Steelers are hanging on by threads(by that i mean they are hurt) im not sure how teams let A Brown go deep on them that much.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 06:44 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Steelers are hanging on by threads(by that i mean they are hurt)  im not sure how teams let A Brown go deep on them that much.

Meh, call me Bungalized, but I can never ever ever count out the Steelers until I see the box go into the hole.  Pig Ben could be in a hospice and they'll roll him out on the field and he'll throw for 400 yards and then jump around like a manic.  I mean, the jerk has to be setting a record for "most time carted off the field without missing most games" or something.  

Ben, that backup RB they have, Brown?  Don't want to face them in the playoffs.  For serious. 

Those other teams?  Feh, Fitzpatrick/Carr/Tylenol Taylor hain't going on the road and winning a playoff game.
Reply/Quote
Strange thing is we could end up playing any one of the AFCS teams with losing records .. Any one of them could win too. I dread the thought of losing to the winner of that division although none are likely to be a wc team. Now that would just blow skunk balls..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote