Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wildcats Forever
(01-05-2019, 09:02 PM)jason Wrote: Shit... I'm sorry to hear this. He was one of my favorite posters going way back. I had no idea about him being in Ram Jam, and even though I can't stand Black Betty, he tears those drums up on that song. I really hate to hear this news.

God bless him, and his family. This board won't be as good without him.

It's kind of funny, black Betty has always been one of my favorite songs. My now wife bought me a CD back when we first got together because it had the song on it.

I didn't know until recently my friend had a part in it. And I didn't mention it being one if my favorites because it just seemed like something that wasn't a big deal to him.

Weird how life works out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 09:09 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Management is looking into it.

Great.....Cam Cat Club member for sure.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2019, 01:10 AM)Benton Wrote: It's kind of funny, black Betty has always been one of my favorite songs. My now wife bought me a CD back when we first got together because it had the song on it.

I didn't know until recently my friend had a part in it. And I didn't mention it being one if my favorites because it just seemed like something that wasn't a big deal to him.

He didn't care about any of the fame associated. And from what I understand, the split with the group was rather ugly. What he really cared about was the drum part he created. He loved his craft. He could go on all day about that. The other stuff, he just put aside.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2019, 01:10 AM)Benton Wrote: It's kind of funny, black Betty has always been one of my favorite songs. My now wife bought me a CD back when we first got together because it had the song on it.

Yeah. As I was reading all of this my mind wandered to that song. I don't like it, but as it was going through my head, I thought... "The rythem section on that song has some really nasty breakdowns and progressions." It's sorta that moment when you realize that you never know who you're talking to. Anyone who spent any amount of time in these boards knew who Wildcats Forever was... Most of us had zero clue that he was the drummer on the Black Betty track.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(bump)
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
Nice to see that our friend Dave let his legacy in good hands.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
Wildcats Forever would enjoy this. Reviving to bring him along for the journey. Miss him.

Reply/Quote
Man, i was really looking forward to all the wholesome posts for Wildcat and Cam if we won. Next year!
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 10:07 AM)basballguy Wrote: Man, i was really looking forward to all the wholesome posts for Wildcat and Cam if we won.  Next year!

Let's hope so. 

Reply/Quote
Perhaps some people saw the report, but I didn't see it mentioned here, about the fan who made t-shirts of deceased Bengals fans then asked those attending the SB to wear them inside.  I thought it was a great idea to honor those who didn't live to see the Bengals return to the SB.  Here's a link:

https://news.yahoo.com/bengals-fan-seeks-honor-fans-124027157.html
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2022, 12:31 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Perhaps some people saw the report, but I didn't see it mentioned here, about the fan who made t-shirts of deceased Bengals fans then asked those attending the SB to wear them inside.  I thought it was a great idea to honor those who didn't live to see the Bengals return to the SB.  Here's a link:

https://news.yahoo.com/bengals-fan-seeks-honor-fans-124027157.html

Thanks for posting this link. 

Reply/Quote