Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wildcats Forever
RIP Wildcats. Never knew you personally, but being a Bengals brother, I would have gladly called you friend...
Reply/Quote
Here are a few wise words from Wildcats in early December

Quote: I don't know what age 69 sounds like to you guys, but I have been strong and active for the most part up until this summer. Playing drums and golf 3 - 4 times per week for years has been largely responsible for this. There are a few secrets to longevity, and one is to keep moving. I cannot stress the importance of that. Proper diet is as important. But here is one thing I was guilty of doing, and I suspect most would confess to doing the same which is ignoring signs your body gives you. Plus not getting regular tests and checkups.

I think the world of you guys, and want you to treat yourselves well every day of your life. It's your best chance of living a long life of high quality.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I always found him to be such a great guy to just talk with. After he became a mod, we started talking a lot through PM's and he always had interesting thoughts to share and he genuinely loved this community. It was a pleasure working with him on the staff and just interacting with him as a fellow board member going back to the old board.

Condolences to his family and friends.

RIP Dave
Reply/Quote
Dave was a great friend. I want to thank those members who have shared their reflections on what a loss this is to the community (it truly is) and acknowledged what a good man Dave was. Thanks also to those who reached out to make me aware of his passing. Your thoughtfulness during your own grief is appreciated.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 02:50 PM)xxlt Wrote: Dave was a great friend. I want to thank those members who have shared their reflections on what a loss this is to the community (it truly is) and acknowledged what a good man Dave was. Thanks also to those who reached out to make me aware of his passing. Your thoughtfulness during your own grief is appreciated.

Glad you were reached brother......I know how close you were to him.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Hate to hear this. Always enjoyed his post. RIP my friend.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 07:30 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Sad news, gang. We lost a member of our board. Wildcats Forever passed away according to his family. His obituary is attached below:

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/NKY/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=191130693&fbclid=IwAR0ylIVSJso1MDGulx84YrZO8U011tngVGNV9RI8_i665A1ystYrBLdn6bA

There is a visitation service tonight at Floral Hills Funeral Home in Covington, KY between 7 and 8PM tonight.

May his memory always be a blessing.

Oh no.  So sorry to hear that.  Just an outstanding individual, a man of true character, a man of wisdom and respect.  He will be truly missed.  I have a big lump in my throat right now and I think it'll be there for quite a while.  Some kind of tribute is absolutely in order.  Very sad day.

Wildcats Forever forever.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
He will be missed. He was one cool cat around here and the Mother Ship...
Reply/Quote
Just wanted to post this as my tribute to cats, that what I always called him. We PM'd a bunch on the mother ship back when. You'll be missed buddy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMmTkKz60W8
Reply/Quote
David and I were both Blood Sweat and Tears fans. Here's a tribute to David:

[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
I know there are folks who don't really stray outside of Jungle Noise. Is there a way to make a notification there that links over to this thread?
Reply/Quote
69 is too young in this day and age. When I think about it, I didn’t have a clue what his age was. I do believe I received my one and only warning from him. LOL
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 12:44 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: I know there are folks who don't really stray outside of Jungle Noise.  Is there a way to make a notification there that links over to this thread?

Not that I'm aware. Probably just have to create a separate thread there.
Reply/Quote
Sorry to hear this. R.I.P. Mr. Wildcats! Thoughts and Prayers to his family and friends!
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 08:35 PM)McC Wrote: Oh no.  So sorry to hear that.  Just an outstanding individual, a man of true character, a man of wisdom and respect.  He will be truly missed.  I have a big lump in my throat right now and I think it'll be there for quite a while.  Some kind of tribute is absolutely in order.  Very sad day.

Wildcats Forever forever.

I agree.  We need to have some kind of tribute to our friend.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Shit... I'm sorry to hear this. He was one of my favorite posters going way back. I had no idea about him being in Ram Jam, and even though I can't stand Black Betty, he tears those drums up on that song. I really hate to hear this news.

God bless him, and his family. This board won't be as good without him.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 09:02 PM)jason Wrote: God bless him, and his family. This board won't be as good without him.

It is indeed a loss. But I'd like to think the future of the board could be positively impacted. If we follow his example and treat each other with respect and friendship, we can be better. I know he would have wanted that. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 12:55 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I agree.  We need to have some kind of tribute to our friend.

Management is looking into it.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 02:50 PM)xxlt Wrote: Dave was a great friend. I want to thank those members who have shared their reflections on what a loss this is to the community (it truly is) and acknowledged what a good man Dave was. Thanks also to those who reached out to make me aware of his passing. Your thoughtfulness during your own grief is appreciated.

It's actually good to "see" you man. It's been awhile since I've noticed you on here.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Wildcats was one of my favorites. He seemed like the type of person that anyone would want to emulate. I, like many on here talked to him in PMs, moreso on the Mothership. We discussed food, going to EKU, our jobs a few times, and, of course, music.

Like others, we connected on other social media to maintain communication after the official board disbanded. Great dude that will be missed beyond description. He may have been the best of us here. Rest In Peace, Dave.
Reply/Quote