Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wilder Jr signs with the Bills
Peerman has grown on me the last few years. I use to have the mentality that ST guys were swappable. Not so much anymore since Ive seen other teams have good and bad seasons on ST's. I think Peerman has played a huge role in our ST unit being consistently good.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 01:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Last year I said I liked Peerman, but was willing to replace him with a guy with better RB skills.  But it seemed like Peerman made more big tackles on ST than I have evr seen before.  I don't know the numbers, and it may be that he just maxe more tackles in crucial situatrions, but he honestly had one of the best seasons I have seen from a coverage guy.  In that first Steelers game it seemed like he was getting to dri Archer almost as quickly as the ball.

I felt the same last year about possibly replacing Peerman with a younger guy If that guy could do just as well as Peerman on ST, but he's not going to be easy to replace now.

I was also of the Watson over Wilder group, but now Watson is a Brown. Sad
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 08:15 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: If what i saw on the news was true, then the nonsense was not of his doing. The store manager came off as a complete ass hat. But we don't need him. More important roles to fill.

I kinda liked that other PS running back better. Terrell Watson i believe.

Probly will find some UDFA's or a late pick to replace if they are both gone

With Hill Gio Rex on board.... we are looking for a guy that can knock Peerman off the roster
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 01:32 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Peerman has grown on me the last few years. I use to have the mentality that ST guys were swappable. Not so much anymore since Ive seen other teams have good and bad seasons on ST's. I think Peerman has played a huge role in our ST unit being consistently good.

Peerman is the reason Dri Archer got cut from the Steelers.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 05:25 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Peerman is the reason Dri Archer got cut from the Steelers.

I remember that. Dude was cut the next day.

Of course, we let Tate return balls from 8 and 9 yards deep in the end zone and keep him around.

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 02:21 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Plus he had that nonsense on social media about toys r us.  

Not good enough to bring around drama.

Lol did you bother reading that "nonsense" ? That was on Toys R Us being racist rather then him creating a story out of thin air for attention.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 05:52 PM)Element Wrote: Lol did you bother reading that "nonsense" ? That was on Toys R Us being racist rather then him creating a story out of thin air for attention.

Lucie won't care. 
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 01:32 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Peerman has grown on me the last few years. I use to have the mentality that ST guys were swappable. Not so much anymore since Ive seen other teams have good and bad seasons on ST's. I think Peerman has played a huge role in our ST unit being consistently good.

Kind of gives me a little more faith in our coaching staff.   I wanted Watson to replace Peerman in camp.  I just wanted a big heavy guy who has great acceleration on the roster behind Hill.

And I don't think those of us who liked Watson are all wet.   Hue obviously saw something...
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 03:05 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I kinda liked that other PS running back better.  Terrell Watson i believe.

Probly will find some UDFA's or a late pick to replace if they are both gone

With Hill Gio Rex on board.... we are looking for a guy that can knock Peerman off the roster

I wanted Rex to get more snaps as a running back.  Everyone knew that he was going to be a receiver when he entered the game.  And when he was in the game to run it would be for a single snap.  No way to get a rhythm going. 
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 06:18 PM)3wt Wrote: Kind of gives me a little more faith in our coaching staff.   I wanted Watson to replace Peerman in camp.  I just wanted a big heavy guy who has great acceleration on the roster behind Hill.

And I don't think those of us who liked Watson are all wet.   Hue obviously saw something...

So, Hue's MO will be to pick the Bengals clean as much as he can?  The SOB.  I hope we whoop his ass right out of Cleveland.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 02:21 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Plus he had that nonsense on social media about toys r us.  

Not good enough to bring around drama.

Rep to you, and for what you may ask?.... Only The Best Sig EVER!!!!  Ninja

I liked the kid but RB's come and go in this league. My question is where in the hell are the Bills gonna fit him on the roster? Last I remember they were pretty full at RB with McCoy,Williams, and Brown.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 01:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Last year I said I liked Peerman, but was willing to replace him with a guy with better RB skills.  But it seemed like Peerman made more big tackles on ST than I have ever seen before.  I don't know the numbers, and it may be that he just made more tackles in crucial situatrions, but he honestly had one of the best seasons I have seen from a coverage guy.  In that first Steelers game it seemed like he was getting to Dri Archer almost as quickly as the ball.

Disagree about Wilder but he's replaceable. However, on your point about Peerman I agree. I felt exactly the same as what you wrote but man he really shined on ST's this past season.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 06:39 PM)McC Wrote: So, Hue's MO will be to pick the Bengals clean as much as he can?  The SOB.  I hope we whoop his ass right out of Cleveland.

Well, to be blunt Hue's job now is to knock the Bengals off the top of the division with his team, the Browns. Hue's no longer one of our coaches. I wish him luck, but just not in games against us. It'll be interesting though if he turns the Browns into a legit contender with the best 4 teams in the conference all in the division..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 07:48 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Disagree about Wilder but he's replaceable. However, on your point about Peerman I agree. I felt exactly the same as what you wrote but man he really shined on ST's this past season.

Peerman has made his living on ST's play, all of his career.  For a while, I've thought that they should try to convert him to LB, as he is a great tackler and moves so well.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Yeap.  Dude layed some big hits on kick returns this year.  
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2016, 12:33 AM)grampahol Wrote: Well, to be blunt Hue's job now is to knock the Bengals off the top of the division with his team, the Browns. Hue's no longer one of our coaches. I wish him luck, but just not in games against us. It'll be interesting though if he turns the Browns into a legit contender with the best 4 teams in the conference all in the division..

I know.  It's a good strategy.  Doesn't mean I have to like it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
He was a backup/ps type player. I liked him, but gio, hill, and burkhead are better, same goes for how I feel about Watson going to Cleveland, liked him too, but at this point he is a backup type rb. If Cincy wants to replace them for another ps type player that should be easy. Someone I'm intrigued by who has been a little underwhelming the past 11/2 - 2 seasons is Alford Morris who is a Free Agent this year.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 06:39 PM)McC Wrote: So, Hue's MO will be to pick the Bengals clean as much as he can?  The SOB.  I hope we whoop his ass right out of Cleveland.

LOL And Zimmer and Gruden will be doing it as well as some other teams.
This is why we need to get our must keep potential FA's back under contract before they have the ability to hit the market.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 09:39 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: Liked the kid a lot. One of those ones where you wish the team could be that bit bigger.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/1/20/10799788/james-wilder-jr-signs-future-contract-with-buffalo-bills
Heres a stinkin big-time note.the stink browns and now hated Hue Jackson has stole Watson from us.It just amazes me we allow a guy like this to go and he now is going to whip Marvins ass every year.He also took one of our scouts that was super good.This is laughable,Mr.Mike Brown.How can you allow a  guy like Hue to leave and then punk you all he can.He is slowly stealing our staff and our top Players.WHAT A FU----KING JOKE THIS IS EACH AND EVERY YEAR.Oh wait,we still have marvin can't win lewis.I will promise all of you we will never win anything of importance until we replaced marvin with a top winning coach and allow mikey to retire.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2016, 12:43 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Peerman has made his living on ST's play, all of his career.  For a while, I've thought that they should try to convert him to LB, as he is a great tackler and moves so well.

Little known facts.

Cedric Peerman was the fastest RB at the combine in '09 (4.45 forty), but he was only 215 lbs back then.
Reply/Quote