Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wiliam Jackson
He is expected to miss several weeks as he recovers from the dislocated shoulder he suffered in Sunday's game. Still no update on Kirpatrick's knee injury.

there are very few healthy bodies in the DB room

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I usually object to hyperbole, but this Bengal team could go 0-16.

It is all about the Dolphins.
Reply/Quote
We are going to be running out a secondary of practice squad players. It's time to throw Finley out there and any other young player and just see what we got.
Reply/Quote
Kirkpatrick was hyperextended I believe and out for around a month.

Dennard could start practicing soon though.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 02:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I usually object to hyperbole, but this Bengal team could go 0-16.

(10-15-2019, 02:42 PM)Au165 Wrote: We are going to be running out a secondary of practice squad players. It's time to throw Finley out there and any other young player and just see what we got.

I say if they go into the bye 0-8...then just sit both Andy and AJ for the rest of the season. See what you have in Finley, Dolegala, Tate, Morgan, etc with extended looks / playing time.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 02:46 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I say if they go into the bye 0-8...then just sit both Andy and AJ for the rest of the season. See what you have in Finley, Dolegala, Tate, Morgan, etc with extended looks / playing time.

AJ shouldn't be on this team after week 8 but that is a whole other discussion. 
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 02:49 PM)Au165 Wrote: AJ shouldn't be on this team after week 8 but that is a whole other discussion. 

I doubt this will happen but if the Bengals front office were to trade some vets, it would go a long way in restoring faith in this team.  Not saying it would fix everything but this team is not at couple vets away from being contenders.  They need about 12 talented players.  
3 OL
3 backers
2 DBs
2 DL
WR
QB

Even if they were to make some trades, I still see this team at least 2-3 years away from competing and that includes the assumption the coaching staff and front office can turn things around.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 03:00 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I doubt this will happen but if the Bengals front office were to trade some vets, it would go a long way in restoring faith in this team.  Not saying it would fix everything but this team is not at couple vets away from being contenders.  They need about 12 talented players.  
3 OL
3 backers
2 DBs
2 DL
WR
QB

Even if they were to make some trades, I still see this team at least 2-3 years away from competing and that includes the assumption the coaching staff and front office can turn things around.

You can rebuild a team in 2-3 years now in the NFL, but you have to embrace that you are in a rebuild in order to do it. 
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 02:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I usually object to hyperbole, but this Bengal team could go 0-16.

December 22nd may very well be the battle for the #1 pick.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 03:14 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: December 22nd may very well be the battle for the #1 pick.

If it is, we better frickin lose. Whatever

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 03:03 PM)Au165 Wrote: You can rebuild a team in 2-3 years now in the NFL, but you have to embrace that you are in a rebuild in order to do it. 

And...sign free agents. And...trade aging players for picks.

I doubt the Bengals do any of that.
Reply/Quote
Make sure to start DJ Chark and Dede Westbrook in fantasy football this week!
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 03:03 PM)Au165 Wrote: You can rebuild a team in 2-3 years now in the NFL, but you have to embrace that you are in a rebuild in order to do it. 

Yep. Basically have a terrible team and store up a ton of cap space for 2-3 years.
Then, you spend a good chunk of that cap space on very good FAs to go along with your high draft picks to create your 3-5 year window.
Rinse and repeat.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 02:49 PM)Au165 Wrote: AJ shouldn't be on this team after week 8 but that is a whole other discussion. 

It depends on value if you're only getting a 3rd Comp or 4th RD pick then why trade him? 
Why get rid of good players for the sake of getting rid of good players. We should be replacing the bad players like Hart & Preston Brown instead of Geno & Green.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
What's that Adam Jones guy been up to?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
They should sit WJIII and Dre the rest of the season. Get them healthy for 2020.

If you plan on keeping Dre.

There's no reason to rush WJIII back.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 04:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What's that Adam Jones guy been up to?

I guess he's selling pizza.  Probably arguing with customers.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote

I’m not even sure the Bengals can successfully flog them.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 04:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What's that Adam Jones guy been up to?

Right now probably hanging out with Chris Crocker.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 07:37 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I guess he's selling pizza.  Probably arguing with customers.

and the wait staff!

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote