Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wiliam Jackson III Looking Good in Camp & Eager to Impress
Marvin generally likes to bring rookies in slow, but it sounds like WJIII is impressing people in camp and proving his worth:

Quote:The Cincinnati Bengals may have one of the NFL's best cornerback units when the 2016 season begins.

If that ends up being the case, it should involve their first-round selection making a significant impact as a rookie. That's exactly what William Jackson III hopes to do this year while validating the Bengals' decision to spend the 24th overall pick on him.

"I'm just trying to go out there and make a statement, and let them know why they drafted me," Jackson told ESPN's Coley Harvey.

I love his confidence because that's definitely something that a cornerback needs, and Adam Jones is noticing his play and his swagger:

Quote:While the Bengals are already deep at corner, Jackson continues to impress in offseason workouts, and veteran corner Adam Jones continues to be one of his biggest fans.

"He's good," Jones said. "The kid is quick as hell, too. He's just got to work on the little stuff. It'll be my job to help him, me and the coaches. And he can be really good. He's got a chance to be really special."

Having Jones help him when he already has the "it" factor will be huge, and I'm loving our cornerbacks and think that we could have a dominant secondary, one that could definitely shut-down the Steelers.

I kind of hope that with Dre, Dennard, and Jackson looking good, we can let Adam return punts full-time because he'll be a game-changer for us.

There's a bit more in the article, and it's definitely worth the read because it shows that we'll be loaded at the corner position this year ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Normal puff piece.

Reply/Quote
I hope WJIII turns out to be that special rookie that soars to the top of the depth chart and starts Week 1.......our DB's are gonna be lethal

Vontaze comes to mind............Paulie G and him in a room learning schemes with chairs as opposing players

Really loving the way our D is lining up after Duke T kicked ass on the draft..........AGAIN
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Eh, I live in Colorado and although my orange-love is for the Bengals, the Broncos might have the best corners in football. Not the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
It would be sweet if a 1st round CB for Bengals made an impact in first season.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2016, 10:47 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Eh, I live in Colorado and although my orange-love is for the Bengals, the Broncos might have the best corners in football.  Not the Bengals.

We ripped them apart when they tried to man us up.  Haven't seen anyone really tear us up on man like that ...  The steelers also abused them... 

Our secondary is easily one of the tops in the league.  
Reply/Quote
I agree, the Bengals have a top secondary, but I think Harris/Talib/Roby are among the top CB units. I'm not discussing the safety position, only CBs.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2016, 10:27 PM)jeremydc Wrote: Normal puff piece.

Yeah, I was looking for a Marvin quote saying "he's the best rookie CB I have ever seen!.......... so expect him to be on the bench for the next two-to-three years."

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I believe He will be making picks this season
Reply/Quote
If josh norman can do it,so can jackson
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2016, 12:18 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yeah, I was looking for a Marvin quote saying "he's the best rookie CB I have ever seen!.......... so expect him to be on the bench for the next two-to-three years."

haha just like the others  Hilarious
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2016, 12:18 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yeah, I was looking for a Marvin quote saying "he's the best rookie CB I have ever seen!.......... so expect him to be on the bench for the next two-to-three years."

(06-03-2016, 06:03 AM)magikod Wrote: haha just like the others  Hilarious

With Hall leaving, we're thin at corner, especially if we put Jones on return duties (just my hope because, even though he's a shut-down corner, I think his impact as a returner would be more of a game-changer) and Shaw really is going to play safety.

Maybe Marvin is evolving.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2016, 10:52 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: We ripped them apart when they tried to man us up.  Haven't seen anyone really tear us up on man like that ...  The steelers also abused them... 

Our secondary is easily one of the tops in the league.  

This is true.  Aside from the AZ game where we were fielding a M*A*S*H unit in the secondary, I really like our entire secondary.  Starters Jones, Dre, and Dennard at CB with Iloka and Williams at Safety, and then you have guys like WJIII and Josh Shaw for depth.  Very, very solid unit.
Reply/Quote
My boy Radio is going to ball out and very soon.

As to Marvin: I've never noticed this trend of him blowing smoke about rookies. I've always found him to be quite reserved in his praise compartively.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Kirkpatrick better watch his ass cause if he keeps getting burnt either Dennard or WJ3 could take his spot.

I think both could be much better than Kirkpatrick when healthy. Dennard was the most pro ready CB in his
Draft in my opinion and the coaches at the time, he just needs to stay away from the injuries. Dennard can
cover very well and has better hips than Dre.

WJ3 could of been the best CB in this Draft. He is that good and has that much talent. Great hips, adjusts to
the ball in the air like nobody in this Draft IMHO. He is a great cover corner and he can tackle.

Really excited about these two in the future and Josh Shaw who can also play Safety and the Nickel and who
better to mentor them than Adam Jones. Maybe Hall will be back too, we will see.
Reply/Quote

I hear ya on that one.  The only thing I will say about it is that it's not like these CBs are sitting behind scrubs.  Dre wasn't going to put Pac or Hall on the bench when he got drafted.  Dennard struggled with injuries.

That being said, I do think if there was a guy in this draft that could break through in our secondary, WJ3 was the guy.  Will he?  That remains to be seen, but I do think he will see at least action in dime sets.
Reply/Quote
I remember when Marvin said something like Dennard was the best rookie he ever saw. ]
Reply/Quote
When quotes like these come from either players or coaches I always tend to listen a little bit more when a player says them. I feel like Adam Jones isn't the type of guy to hype someone who doesn't deserve it. Marvin, Paul or Ken? Different story. They aren't going to bash one of their players, but a guy like Jones doens't have to pimp a player to the media like that.

I'm excited to see what Jackson can do this year.
Reply/Quote
They can hype him all they want, but it doesn't matter if that hype is sitting on the bench.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2016, 10:28 AM)bfine32 Wrote: My boy Radio is going to ball out and very soon.

As to Marvin: I've never noticed this trend of him blowing smoke about rookies. I've always found him to be quite reserved in his praise compartively.

Agree with you.  I can't remember him talking rookies up as much as he has this group.  He even threw Billings a bone, calling him a brick wall.  And he's flat out gushed about Vigil.   Hope he's accurate about these guys.
Reply/Quote