So come on and let me know

This indecision's buggin' me
Will we sign him or set him free
Don't even know if comp in round three
Come on and let me know
Should I cool it or will we blow?
Reply/Quote
Sounds like he is gone after yesterday.

He won't play under the Franchise tag, and the Bengals planned to Franchise tag him, setting up a showdown that will likely see him retire or play elsewhere.

Reports are he is loyal to the team and Dalton, and the decision to bench Dalton is more significant to him then he'll ever let on to the media.

Sounds like he'll follow Dalton wherever he ends up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I voted long term deal because it fits the Bungles MO.

But if he walks at the end of the year, when we could have gotten multiple picks for him, I'm going to lose it.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 10:12 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I voted long term deal because it fits the Bungles MO.

But if he walks at the end of the year, when we could have gotten multiple picks for him, I'm going to lose it.

Pretty much this. We will overpay for an aging receiver that wont be able to play to the level of the contract in a short time in the future.

Yes hes been elite but are you willing to gamble on how much longer.....
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 10:04 AM)jj22 Wrote: Sounds like he is gone after yesterday.

He won't play under the Franchise tag, and the Bengals planned to Franchise tag him, setting up a showdown that will likely see him retire or play elsewhere.

Reports are he is loyal to the team and Dalton, and the decision to bench Dalton is more significant to him then he'll ever let on to the media.

Can you tell me where you saw these reports? Not saying I don’t believe you but the reports I have seen have said the opposite of almost everything you have typed there.
Reply/Quote
I'm sure AJ, after seeing what they've done to the coveted Red Rifle, will double down on his best insterests.
Reply/Quote
I think he's gone. He says he doesn't want the franchise tag and he says he knows his worth.
I can see an Andrew Whitworth scenario where the Bengals lowball him on money/years and he realizes the grass really is greener elsewhere.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I can't see the future, but if he's approaching Mike Brown with the mindset that he wants something Mike Brown doesn't want it doesn't body well for him sticking around. MB will pay players and be loyal to them as long as they don't throw too many demands at him and if he's thinking franchise tag and AJ wants long-term...well, we've seen how these impasses go.

I know I'm a cynic, but "I want to play my entire career here" and "I don't want [what MB is offering]" are conflicting statements.
Reply/Quote

He won't play under the Franchise tag,
and the Bengals planned to Franchise tag him, setting up a showdown that will likely see him retire or play elsewhere.

Not even close to what he said. He said he does not want to be tagged, but he will play under it if they place it on him, and that he is not one of those players who is going to let 20 million go by sitting out. 
Reply/Quote
I keep seeing people acting as if him not wanting the franchise tag has any impact on if we apply it or not. No 30+ year old player coming off injury wants to be tagged, so that really isn't news to anyone. They will get a deal done or he will be tagged, those are the only two choices. Once the tag is applied they can work out a longer deal or seek a trade for him. If he wants out they can allow him to negotiate his next deal before the trade is processed and then facilitate his move to somewhere he wants to be. One thing though with the tag is he can't be traded until he signs his tender, so that does essentially give him veto power over any potential trade.
Reply/Quote

He said he didn't want to be Franchised, but wasn't going to give away free money. So to me that says he would accept it if he has to.
Reply/Quote

You kinda just making this up aren't you?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Bengals will low-ball AJ, then will franchise him when he doesn't accept it, then they'll demand a king's ransom for his trade. No one will pay two 1st round picks. Mike Brown will make it ugly, because that's all he knows.

Reply/Quote
They'll tag him, Green will try his damndest for a few games, there will be a few blowouts where ZT looks like he's unfit to be a college OC, then Green will sit out with a boo-boo.  Then Green goes to a damn good team with a damn good QB and either wins a ring or has one of the best years of his career.  
Reply/Quote
I dont know,the way he talked I could definitely see him leaving. He talks like he wants another fat contract. And that's risky considering his health.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 05:58 AM)BengalsFanRealist2855 Wrote: I dont know,the way he talked I could definitely see him leaving. He talks like he wants another fat contract. And that's risky considering his health.

He said it's not about the money, he has enough money (his words). He will want a fair deal, and the Bengals will give him one. MB is not going to let his best player go. They will sign a deal, and all the drama queens can quit wrenching their hands..... 
Reply/Quote
Option #1: They sign him to a long term deal.
Option #2: They lose about 50% of their remaining fan base.
Reply/Quote
I can see Andy Dalton and AJ Green reuniting and lighting it up in Chicago, Minnesota, Denver, or Miami.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 09:49 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I can see Andy Dalton and AJ Green reuniting and lighting it up in Chicago, Minnesota, Denver, or Miami.

Green is dumber then I thought if he follows dalton 
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 10:12 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I voted long term deal because it fits the Bungles MO.

This...if this happens ima be on forensic files....and so will mike brown lol
Reply/Quote