Poll: Will Andy Silence his Critics?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Andy Dalton put Doubters to rest this year?
Will this be the year that Andy Dalton puts all doubters to rest? With what looks to be a good wide receiving core coming back and having some guys healthy will this year be the year that he prospers? Or will he be what he has been in the past few years?
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2015, 08:06 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Will this be the year that Andy Dalton puts all doubters to rest?  With what looks to be a good wide receiving core coming back and having some guys healthy will this year be the year that he prospers?  Or will he be what he has been in the past few years?

I'd say it will take a serious SB run to shut up all his doubters. Can he make non-extreme haters happy? I think so. I hope so. I can't commit to a full yes but I don't want to think no.

Let me put it this way. He looks to be as surrounded by talent as he ever will be and he's worked hard this offseason to get better. He would seem to be pretty well set up for success.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
At some point you just are what your are....I don't know how anyone could of watched the Cleveland primetime game last year and have any doubt that he is not the guy? I would say it could be alot on coaching, but that primetime instinct for bigger games cannot be taught you either have it within, or not!
Reply/Quote
Yes he will. This is the year!
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2015, 08:12 PM)McC Wrote: I'd say it will take a serious SB run to shut up all his doubters. Can he make non-extreme haters happy? I think so. I hope so. I can't commit to a full yes but I don't want to think no.

Let me put it this way. He looks to be as surrounded by talent as he ever will be and he's worked hard this offseason to get better. He would seem to be pretty well set up for success.

I am hoping with the WR in he will have more success, however if he does not do well I think we may see a change in the first 4-5 weeks.
Reply/Quote
I didn't vote. But I think he has his best chance in his career to show us something. Provided we survive camp with no major injuries. Confused
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think Andy will play well but silencing his doubters is a tall order.
Reply/Quote
Do you mean that guy that doesn't know how to throw a ball past 10 yards? Naaaa.... He sucks... Thankfully we signed Pryor!
Reply/Quote
Depends on if our offense stays healthy. If we have a healthy WR corp with Geo and Hill he will have a pretty good year statistically.
Reply/Quote
I think he will. Whenever he has had weapons he's done pretty good. The only bad thing I can really say about him is that he throws a lot of INTs. If he puts up his 2013 #s with less INTs that would be an amazing season. But everyone already knows my opinion of Dalton.
Reply/Quote
he'll be fine until the playoffs

that's where we'll have to wait and see or sumptin

hopefully he doesnt implode like a pecka or sumpthin tss
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2015, 11:28 PM)Chipperson Wrote: he'll be fine until the playoffs

that's where we'll have to wait and see or sumptin

hopefully he doesnt implode like a pecka or sumpthin tss

I'm not trying to be rude, but you've got a weird accent. Ninja
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
He just needs to be a consistent above average qb. He will never be "elite". The running game is going to help out a lot i think.

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2015, 11:32 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I'm not trying to be rude, but you've got a weird accent.   Ninja

tsss yea my mudda yousto tell me the same thing

doctor says I have polio or sumptin

I'm just chippin wit ya
Reply/Quote
Unfortunatly it will take a miracle. Even when we start winning playoff games there will be another reason. Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
I really do not think much will change other than there are 2 hard core competitors chasing him for his job.

The main improvement will be featuring Jeremy Hill's running style vs. Andy's QB skills.
Reply/Quote
Wink 
(05-13-2015, 12:12 AM)Lolli Wrote: I really do not think much will change other than there are 2 hard core competitors chasing him for his job.

The main improvement will be featuring Jeremy Hill's running style vs. Andy's QB skills.

With the addition of taller receivers/TEs, hopefully if implemented in the system he won't overthrow them.

Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 12:12 AM)Lolli Wrote: I really do not think much will change other than there are 2 hard core competitors chasing him for his job.

You honestly believe there is competition for the starting QB job?
Reply/Quote
Just remember guys it wasn't that long ago he threw 33 TDs.

He's more than capable of moving this team up and down the field. I think he'd be even more capable with his full compliment of receivers and a stud back like Jeremy Hill in the backfield.

I'm predicting a playoff win this year if we can stay reasonably healthy.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 12:25 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: Just remember guys it wasn't that long ago he threw 33 TDs.  

He's more than capable of moving this team up and down the field.  I think he'd be even more capable with his full compliment of receivers and a stud back like Jeremy Hill in the backfield.  

I'm predicting a playoff win this year if we can stay reasonably healthy.

He needs to play using his strengths (short/mid passes). Any deviation spells disaster.

Reply/Quote