Poll: Will Andy Silence his Critics?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Andy Dalton put Doubters to rest this year?
No. If he does, the Bengals are on the hook for 100 mil.
Reply/Quote
As a lurker on JN for years, I never really understood the homer/critic stuff...especially concerning Dalton and Lewis.

Dalton is who he is. I support him, but solely because I don't have any choice. He's a slightly above average QB at best that doesn't perform well under pressure or in the spotlight.

Marvin has proven that he's a good enough coach to get his team to the playoffs, but folds under the pressure as well.

That's not being critical...it's being a realist.

So once again we enter a season where Lewis and Dalton have my full support and I hope at the end of the season we're the SB champs, but history tells me that a playoff berth and first-round exit are the more likely outcome.

As Chris Welsh says about many baseball players during telecasts...."they are the guy the back of their baseball card says they are."
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 09:40 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: This is BS.  This idea has been floating around Jungle Noise for years, without any evidence of it with any Bengals player ever.  If the QB becomes good enough to lead the team to 3 straight Super Bowl wins, I can say with near 100% confidence that you wouldn't have the majority of fans saying that he sucks.  There may be a couple here and there, but they would be few and far between and ridiculed every time they mentioned it.

This.
Reply/Quote
Tsss yea I hope Andrew Dalton shows a bit more velocity on his throws or sumptin

Gonna put me to rest like an infant baby wit his binky er sumpthin
Reply/Quote
My thoughts have been those who don't like Dalton have been ignorant to the offense injuries and will wonder who this guy is this year as long as we stay healthy. With that being said, no excuses this year - time to put up or shut up.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
I couldn't bring myself to vote yes, but I couldn't vote no either. Let me just say I'm hoping so !

In my mind the major thing Andy lacks is confidence, he has to regain the confidence he had in the first four or five games last season. And more importantly keep it all year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2015, 08:06 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Will this be the year that Andy Dalton puts all doubters to rest?  With what looks to be a good wide receiving core coming back and having some guys healthy will this year be the year that he prospers?  Or will he be what he has been in the past few years?

Can't really answer this. I hope he has a good year and earns his salary.

But I also saw the Thursday night game against Cleveland, so I ain't holding my breath.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Honestly, no. Dalton could be the top QB in the league in stats and wins and the Bengals could win the Super Bowl and there will still be those that "doubt" him. They will either say that it wasn't Dalton but the team and/or they will doubt that he could do it again, that he got lucky.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 12:54 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Honestly, no. Dalton could be the top QB in the league in stats and wins and the Bengals could win the Super Bowl and there will still be those that "doubt" him. They will either say that it wasn't Dalton but the team and/or they will doubt that he could do it again, that he got lucky.

Kind of like Joe Flacco.

He went on a run unlike any other QB in the history of the league to take his team to a Super Bowl victory, and he was a huge part of getting there and winning it.

Yet some people on here rate Andy higher than him.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 01:05 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Kind of like Joe Flacco.

He went on a run unlike any other QB in the history of the league to take his team to a Super Bowl victory, and he was a huge part of getting there and winning it.

Yet some people on here rate Andy higher than him.

Dalton shares one very strange characteristic with Flacco despite their being very different players: both run hot and cold. It's pretty maddening but people on either side of the fence should be able to agree on it. Some days Dalton drops dimes and looks brilliant. The next day he looks like a backup quality qb. If he can just string together 4 quarters of his best play when it matters I think that it'll put to rest whether or not he's capable of leading a team deep into the post season.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2015, 08:06 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Will this be the year that Andy Dalton puts all doubters to rest?  With what looks to be a good wide receiving core coming back and having some guys healthy will this year be the year that he prospers?  Or will he be what he has been in the past few years?

At this point, it's hard to expect some quantum leap from Dalton. Four years has given us a pretty thick data set to draw conclusions. Will his accuracy suddenly improve? Will he now be able to drive the deep throws into tight windows? Will his late season play improve? Will he reverse his terrible play inPlayoff games?

At this point, I think Andy is a known quantity. He can be serviceable, but upper tier or elite he will never be. In other words, the aBengals are going to have to bolster the running game and defense to win Playoff games with Dalton at the helm. As it happens, they did so this offseason.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote

Yes, to a point. He should be much better this year with all the weapons
and i think he shuts up the experts who think he is one of the worst atleast
for a bit. I just don't know about the Playoffs once again with Marv and AD
leading the team.

That is where the doubters may not shut up, sad to say.
Reply/Quote
Until we win a play off game, I will always be critical of Dayton. Either way, we could have it worst. 4 straight playoff appearances ain't nothing to squak at.

Reply/Quote