Poll: Will Andy Silence his Critics?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Andy Dalton put Doubters to rest this year?
(05-13-2015, 12:23 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: You honestly believe there is competition for the starting QB job?
No. Not at all. I think the other 2 guys have more fire and that will affect Andy in some shape or form.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 12:26 AM)jeremydc Wrote: He needs to play using his strengths (short/mid passes). Any deviation spells disaster.

If that were true, AJ Green wouldn't have the numbers he has. He isn't hitting him on short and medium passes. He just needs to cut down on his interceptions. A running game can give DBs pause. I see no reason to handcuff him.
Reply/Quote
It's more true than not. I'd rather have him short the short/mids the majority of the time. But that is just me.

Reply/Quote
I feel asleep in the forth quarter of the playoff game last season after we obviously weren't winning.

If that's what you mean.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
Having Marvin Jones and Tyler Eifert back will help.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 12:26 AM)jeremydc Wrote: He needs to play using his strengths (short/mid passes). Any deviation spells disaster.

If When a quarterback bridges outside of his strength and it always spells disaster your really spelling out is an NFL team that will never rise to the very top of the league.

Hopefully Pryor turns things upside down. If not maybe we draft a QB in 2016. Who knows!?

I'm thinking about starting a thread entitled "Viva La Pryor La Feva"
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 12:44 AM)CinciREborn Wrote: If When a quarterback bridges outside of his strength and it always spells disaster your really spelling out is an NFL team that will never rise to the very top of the league.

Hopefully Pryor turns things upside down. If not maybe we draft a QB in 2016. Who knows!?

I'm thinking about starting a thread entitled "Viva La Pryor La Feva"

If your QB is throwing to Greg Little, Brandon Tate and Rex Burkhead, it won't matter.
Reply/Quote
I don't think it matters what he does, he'll always have critics. Dalton could win the Super Bowl, walk out with MVP and a line of say 350 yards/4 TD's/1 INT and there'll still be some people moaning about the INT.

I'm not 100% pleased with how things have gone thus far with Dalton. However, if you told me on draft day 4 years ago that the then 4-12 Bengals would make the playoffs for the next 4 years in a row...I'd of thought you to be insane, but I'd of happily taken that outcome. Still would.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 02:20 AM)Ravage Wrote: I don't think it matters what he does, he'll always have critics. Dalton could win the Super Bowl, walk out with MVP and a line of say 350 yards/4 TD's/1 INT and there'll still be some people moaning about the INT.

I'm not 100% pleased with how things have gone thus far with Dalton. However, if you told me on draft day 4 years ago that the then 4-12 Bengals would make the playoffs for the next 4 years in a row...I'd of thought you to be insane, but I'd of happily taken that outcome. Still would.

Emotions aside, statistically Dalton is on a very normal progression as an NFL QB when you consider the situations he has been in. The years where his passing stats were decent, we had a decent WR corp and a crappy run game. Last year our running game was all we had. If we can keep our offense healthy this year, I think Andy is poised to impress.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
They need to establish the run in order to set up the passing game. There is no way around it unless you have an elite QB. So our best shot is to establish the run.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 12:50 AM)DaltontoKroftSBchamps Wrote: If your QB is throwing to Greg Little, Brandon Tate and Rex Burkhead, it won't matter.

Can't argue with that.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
In a Word no He is what he is. At times he looks terrific almost unstoppable then other times Andy looks like he couldn't hit a receiver in stride if his life depended on it
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 07:10 AM)Interceptor Wrote: They need to establish the run in order to set up the passing game. There is no way around it unless you have an elite QB. So our best shot is to establish the run.

You mean like they did in 2013 When they were 7th in passing yards and 18th in rushing?

I'm all about establishing the run but it isn't like this team and Dalton hasn't already proved they can throw the football even with a crappy running game.
Reply/Quote
If Jackson incorporates more play action passes with our running game, Dalton should have a career year (assuming our receiving corps remains relatively healthy).
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I voted no. After 4 years, he is who he is, an average QB. There will always be a segment that will hate him because he isn't a top 10 QB, much like there will always be a segment that will love him because he isn't a bottom 10 QB.
Reply/Quote
I look forward to seeing what he can do with a presumably healthy receiving corps.

If you're leading receiver in a playoff game is Rex Burkhead, you're gonna have a bad time.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I voted yes because I think the biggest doubt is that he can't win in big games. I believe that if the team wins one playoff game, that should be enough for most of the "doubters". A lot of this depends on the health of the team (specifically the offensive weapons).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I'm hoping that upgrading the offensive line will allow Andy to improve his play.
Miss Otis regrets she's unable to lunch today.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 02:05 PM)Toy Cannon Wrote: I'm hoping that upgrading the offensive line will allow Andy to improve his play.

1. Andy has had one of the best offensive lines in the NFL around him for most of his career.

2. Barring freak injury, the offensive line will be the same 5 starters as it was last year, so I don't know where you're getting that they "upgraded the offensive line" for 2015.

As to whether he will put doubters to rest...I hope so. I don't know if he will, but I really hope he does. I don't think I'm as stubborn as some people on here when it comes to Andy. I know that some will have a problem with him if we lose in the WC round again (even if it isn't his fault), if he doesn't throw for 5,000 yards and 40 TDs, or whatever other unnecessary achievements people want to see.

I just want to see a mix between the 2013 gun slinging Andy and the 2014 weeks 1-6 efficient, comfortable in the pocket Andy. I also need to see him not crap his pants in the playoff game, assuming we make it again. His 2016 salary isn't crazy, it's $13.?? million. I think he definitely has the ability to earn that, but he absolutely needs to improve to give the team more chances to win football games. I believe in Andy, and I hope he doesn't end up making me look foolish for saying that.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 01:19 PM)PhilHos Wrote: If Jackson incorporates more play action passes with our running game, Dalton should have a career year (assuming our receiving corps remains relatively healthy).

What good is having a potent run game if we don't use it to open up the passing game? I want to see effective play action too. It's one of the reasons I believe Dalton should be better. Not worse.
Reply/Quote