Poll: Will Andy Silence his Critics?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Andy Dalton put Doubters to rest this year?
(05-13-2015, 12:50 AM)DaltontoKroftSBchamps Wrote: If your QB is throwing to Greg Little, Brandon Tate and Rex Burkhead, it won't matter.

This is the absolute truth....I am not a big Dalton fan, but the front office did jack to help your boy out this offseason. D. Moore? lol

In a draft loaded with talented WR's they wait until the 7th round to address the position??? They should of drafted atleast two WR's one in the first 3 picks and 1 later. To ignore the position group was irresponsible and shows me they don't give a shit about winning!!
Reply/Quote
I'm always gonna vote yes on polls like this because I really really want him to succeed.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 06:56 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I'm always gonna vote yes on polls like this because I really really want him to succeed.

I think Dalton will have a great year because he will have the best weapons he's ever had.  

I voted no because it takes a lot to change most people's minds.  
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 07:23 PM)Baby Hawk Wrote: I think Dalton will have a great year because he will have the best weapons he's ever had.  

I voted no because it takes a lot to change most people's minds.  

That is why I started the thread he will have all his weapons, if he does not live up to par, I think this will be the year the Bengals move on from him..
Reply/Quote
Hopefully he has a much better year than he did last year. I don't have confidence that that'll happen though. He is what he is and there is no reason. To think that he's going to become a great QB in his 5th season is just unfounded hope with no rationalization to it.

As long as he can keep the Bengals in games, the Bengals may be good enough to take him to the Super Bowl.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I'd love to vote yes, but I can't. I don't think everything will just click just because this is his fifth year. Hope I am proven wrong
Reply/Quote
If everyone stays healthy, I think he is good enough to win a playoff game or two. To win the Super Bowl the defense and run game has to be A+ superb. Otherwise if injuries at key spots happen again, no.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 12:25 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: Just remember guys it wasn't that long ago he threw 33 TDs.  

He's more than capable of moving this team up and down the field.  I think he'd be even more capable with his full compliment of receivers and a stud back like Jeremy Hill in the backfield.  

I'm predicting a playoff win this year if we can stay reasonably healthy.

A playoff win isn't what I would hope for at this point honestly. A run would be quite nice
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Worded a little odd but to answer thr question, I say no unless he takes this team to the SB IMO. As soon as he wins "a" playoff game, people will say "oh,wow, you're 1-5" or possibly 2-5 in PO. Haters while almost always be there.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Deja Vu? How many years in a row are we going to vote in the same poll? I voted yes last year. I'm voting no this year.

He'll probably have decent stats, we'll probably have a winning record. The problem, if he was a franchise QB, these polls wouldn't even exist. He wilts under pressure, prime time and playoffs. No way a QB with those intangibles should be starting in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 02:15 PM)djs7685 Wrote: 2. Barring freak injury, the offensive line will be the same 5 starters as it was last year, so I don't know where you're getting that they "upgraded the offensive line" for 2015.

They spent their top two draft picks on offensive line. When the starting RT can't go, Jake will keep things from going south. Also, I expect Ced will be ready by playoff time. Against San Diego 4 of 5 offensive linemen were playing hurt. The new depth should help in that regard.
Miss Otis regrets she's unable to lunch today.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 04:28 AM)Toy Cannon Wrote: They spent their top two draft picks on offensive line.  When the starting RT can't go, Jake will keep things from going south.  Also,  I expect Ced will be ready by playoff time.  Against San Diego 4 of 5 offensive linemen were playing hurt.  The new depth should help in that regard.

Andre will have a great year because it's his contract year. Whit will have a great year because he's Whit. So I don't see the new guys playing much tackle.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2015, 08:06 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Will this be the year that Andy Dalton puts all doubters to rest?  With what looks to be a good wide receiving core coming back and having some guys healthy will this year be the year that he prospers?  Or will he be what he has been in the past few years?

I voted yes. This will be a good year for the Bengals and Dalton. Yet as I think about it I doubt he ever quiets his critics on the boards.

We could win the Superbowl and some folks would say we won it inspite of him. I never think he will get respect from some fans no matter what he does.

He could have an MVP season and critics would just say "what about last year?"
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 02:31 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: This is the absolute truth....I am not a big Dalton fan, but the front office did jack to help your boy out this offseason. D. Moore? lol

In a draft loaded with talented WR's they wait until the 7th round to address the position??? They should of drafted atleast two WR's one in the first 3 picks and 1 later. To ignore the position group was irresponsible and shows me they don't give a shit about winning!!

O snap we can cuss on here? Sweet!

Moore was a better pickup than your giving them credit for. Sorry we didn't draft the wr you wanted, but its the truth.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 07:46 AM)livebythe10 Wrote: O snap we can cuss on here? Sweet!

Moore was a better pickup than your giving them credit for. Sorry we didn't draft the wr you wanted, but its the truth.

I do kinda wish we added some depth with WR though. Marvin Jones has injury issues, and Sanu is Sanu. We don't really have any more depth than that at WR (other than Moore now).
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 08:11 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I do kinda wish we added some depth with WR though. Marvin Jones has injury issues, and Sanu is Sanu. We don't really have any more depth than that at WR (other than Moore now).

If we have a healthy green, Jones, Moore, Sanu, and 2 TEs. How much more depth would we really need?

We drafted 1 WR. In my opinion we have 6 targets right there. 7 counting the newbie. Unless there is an injury I don't see any others really getting a shot.

I don't even know 100% we will keep all the WRs we have on roster actually.

No one can predict an injury so for arguing that our 2 best receivers are going to go down again this year and we have nothing else is just kinda negative.
Reply/Quote
I voted "no" but want to explain why. Andy is no different than Kenny, Boomer, Broadway Joe, West Coast Joe (Montana), or any other QB who ever has, might have, or will don a Bengals uniform. Even if said QB won three straight Super Bowls there would still be a substantial percentage of Bengals fans, maybe even a majority on any given Sunday, screaming, "He sucks!" It is part of the sad reality of being a Bengals fan.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 04:28 AM)Toy Cannon Wrote: They spent their top two draft picks on offensive line.  When the starting RT can't go, Jake will keep things from going south.  Also,  I expect Ced will be ready by playoff time.  Against San Diego 4 of 5 offensive linemen were playing hurt.  The new depth should help in that regard.

Those guys were drafted for 2016 and beyond. You can't just assume that Whit and/or Andre are going to be injured so that makes our line "upgraded" somehow. I like the moves for depth and the future, but I highly doubt those guys were taken to be relied upon this year. I'm sure even the coaching staff is hoping that neither has playing time this year.

This team will be starting the same 5 offensive lineman as they did last year.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 09:25 AM)xxlt Wrote: Even if said QB won three straight Super Bowls there would still be a substantial percentage of Bengals fans, maybe even a majority on any given Sunday, screaming, "He sucks!" It is part of the sad reality of being a Bengals fan.

This is BS. This idea has been floating around Jungle Noise for years, without any evidence of it with any Bengals player ever. If the QB becomes good enough to lead the team to 3 straight Super Bowl wins, I can say with near 100% confidence that you wouldn't have the majority of fans saying that he sucks. There may be a couple here and there, but they would be few and far between and ridiculed every time they mentioned it.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 09:40 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: This is BS.  This idea has been floating around Jungle Noise for years, without any evidence of it with any Bengals player ever.  If the QB becomes good enough to lead the team to 3 straight Super Bowl wins, I can say with near 100% confidence that you wouldn't have the majority of fans saying that he sucks.  There may be a couple here and there, but they would be few and far between and ridiculed every time they mentioned it.

Hell, I'll leave Andy alone when he stops being an INT machine and even looks like he belongs on the field throughout an entire playoff game. I really don't think that's asking for a lot.
Reply/Quote