Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Bengals Bite?
Doesn't appear to matter though as...

https://twitter.com/AKinkhabwala/status/893199965241192452

Aditi Kinkhabwala‏Verified account @AKinkhabwala

Sigh of relief for #Dolphins. Member of org says no structural damage for Ryan Tannehill, knee same now as in am.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2017, 01:43 PM)jj22 Wrote: With Tannehill going down (possibly, but reports are there is concern there). Will Bengals jump on opportunity to trade McCarron, or will they price themselves out like they did when Bridgewater went down.

Word was they turned down a 1st from Minnesota because there was no backup plan to losing McCarron. That's why we mysteriously picked up a Driskel and kept him on the roster all year to make sure this didn't happen again if the opportunity presented itself (they never carried a 3rd qb under Dalton).

Worth keeping an eye on the next couple days.

The question is more will the dolphins call... There are other options out there like mr Cutler extra who has a lot more experience than an AJ McCarron.

(There isn't a ton of interest that ive heard of)
Reply/Quote
I doubt miami will sign Kap. Aren't miami fans still pissed he wore a Fidel Castro shirt .
Reply/Quote
Why they would decline a first round pick for Mccarron is beyond me.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2017, 04:34 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I wouldn't do it now. We are in great shape at QB. I think we have the team that can go all the way even if Dalton (knock on wood) goes down. I wanted to trade him leading up to the draft, but not now. Too valuable right now with a questionable line.

So you don't think we could go all the way if Dalton did go down? Then whats the point of having Mccarron on the team if we arent confident we cant go all the way with him? Wouldnt it be more sensible to trade him for a high draft pick who can actually produce for us and give us better odds to win? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2017, 04:41 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I would take a couple 2s even and kapearnick.  Miami might go that route too with kap

(08-03-2017, 05:13 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: I doubt miami will sign Kap. Aren't miami fans still pissed he wore a Fidel Castro shirt .

Exactly, Social. Wearing a Castro shirt and praising the dude is pretty much the quickest way to make yourself unemployable as an athlete in Miami. There's a lot of people who were locked up in shitty prisons for political reasons, and later fled to here, being ripped apart from their families for life.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article117033883.html
(This Cuban-born Miami writer absolutely blasts him.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2017, 05:32 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: So you don't think we could go all the way if Dalton did go down? Then whats the point of having Mccarron on the team if we arent confident we cant go all the way with him? Wouldnt it be more sensible to trade him for a high draft pick who can actually produce for us and give us better odds to win? 

I'm confused, I think you misunderstood my post. I said I would not trade him since in my opinion he's too valuable at this time. I have just as much confidence in McCarron as I do in Dalton to take this team to the SB.
Reply/Quote
I doubt anyone is going to offer a first round pick and if they do its going to be pretty low in the round, certainly not a Clevelandesque pick.
You guys think that every team is willing to give up the moon, stars and the sun just because you want them to do it? These types of trades aren't structured the way they are in FF. It's not playground trading bubble gum cards for another team's favorite Hotwheel. 
The only way McC is traded this time of the season is if the Bengals are in complete shambles or we already have a sure fire backup already in place which we do not have. Driskel is still a project and to be honest I doubt he ever breaks the starting (or even #1 backup) lineup this or any other year with this team unless both Andy and AJ go down for the season and even then there would be a mad push to find someone else. 
That said I can already start predicting Driskel's starting numbers just because I said what I said so of course both Andy and AJ are going down...dammit!  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The problem with trading McCarron is that since he will no doubt be a future HOF player you'll never get full value for him. A first round pick will essentially be a second round pick because no matter where you trade him to that team will win a championship and you'll get the last pick.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2017, 01:48 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: If Miami offers a first round pick, they gotta take it.

This, but there appears to be no structural damage.  Kaep is no way going to Miami if he did, due to his Castro shirt incident.  
Reply/Quote
Tannehill is facing 6-8 weeks of rest and/or surgery. NFL network had Armando salguero, dolphins beat writer on this morning and highly doubts cutler or kap are signed. He said the options aren't good fwiw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2017, 08:40 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This, but there appears to be no structural damage.  Kaep is no way going to Miami if he did, due to his Castro shirt incident.  

Now report that Tannehill could need season-ending surgery though.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20241193/ryan-tannehill-miami-dolphins-now-feared-need-surgery-knee

If that happens, it can mean the Dolphins are scrambling to get a starting-caliber QB. However, I think that that QB might be Cutler over McCarron, and here's why.
The Dolphins are paying Tannehill to be their franchise QB for the future, so anyone they bring in will be for a short-term rental.
Cutler already knows Gase's offense and is older, so there should be no expectation of Cutler sticking around beyond this year.
Cutler is also a FA, so no reason to trade away draft picks.
McCarron, while cheap, should be acquired by a team who foresees him being their QB of the future. Because of this, I think Cutler is more of a logical choice than McCarron.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2017, 10:29 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Now report that Tannehill could need season-ending surgery though.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20241193/ryan-tannehill-miami-dolphins-now-feared-need-surgery-knee

The Dolphins are paying Tannehill to be their franchise QB for the future, so anyone they bring in will be for a short-term rental.
Cutler already knows Gase's offense and is older, so there should be no expectation of Cutler sticking around beyond this year.

As I said earlier, Tannehill can be cut after this year with a savings of 15 million and a cap hit of only 4.6. If they start questioning Tannehill's ability to stay healthy it could be an option. Not saying they have interest in doing it, but financially they are not locked into to Tannehill. He got a very similar contract structure as Dalton did.
Reply/Quote
Trade McCarron sign Kaep.

I'd prefer McCarron but he's a backup and that's all he will ever be for us. Kaep is a good backup.

So either way we have a quality backup the difference is one scenario you have an extra high pick and one you don't.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2017, 11:00 AM)Au165 Wrote: As I said earlier, Tannehill can be cut after this year with a savings of 15 million and a cap hit of only 4.6. If they start questioning Tannehill's ability to stay healthy it could be an option. Not saying they have interest in doing it, but financially they are not locked into to Tannehill. He got a very similar contract structure as Dalton did.

Fair enough. I was more implying the Dolphins wouldn't bring in McCarron just for a short-term rental or backup Tannehill. But yea, in the scenario you outlined, the Dolphins have an out next year if they want to.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Cutler has implied he wants starter money to come in and start. Otherwise it's not financially worth it to him. He may not even be better than Moore now, who knows. I doubt the dolphins call about ajm and further doubt the bengals trade him. Makes for a fun what if tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2017, 11:04 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Trade McCarron sign Kaep.

I'd prefer McCarron but he's a backup and that's all he will ever be for us. Kaep is a good backup.

So either way we have a quality backup the difference is one scenario you have an extra high pick and one you don't.

if we trade McCarron, I would look at Shaun Hill as a vet backup.. I believe he is still available out there
Reply/Quote
Trade McC and *DING* bring Jordan Palmer back. 
At no point did I say it's a good idea,  but it's AN idea.. 
You gotta think Cutler has about as much appeal as a 4 day old melted ice cream pizza..  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I dont think AJ McCarron is worth a 1st round pick...but here's a wrinkle. Behind Ajayi Miami doesnt the best RB depth so...Packaging AJ McCarron and  Jeremey Hill for a 1st and 4th sounds like win/win for both teams to me. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2017, 11:54 AM)grampahol Wrote: Trade McC and *DING* bring Jordan Palmer back. 
At no point did I say it's a good idea,  but it's AN idea.. 
You gotta think Cutler has about as much appeal as a 4 day old melted ice cream pizza..  

[Image: 5c980772cda3fc42aa90b41b1b880ee02cfe3714...d44dd6.jpg]
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote