Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Bengals play in NFL Kickoff 2023?
NFL Kickoff 2023 and KC's home opener have a lot of options.

Ranking posibilities ...

1. Bengals -- Rematch the last two AFC Championships
2. Eagles -- Rematch SB
3. Bills -- What the NFL wants.
4. Jags -- Rematch Divisional
5. Miami -- Tyreek Hill
6. Raiders
7. Broncos
8. Lions
9. Bears

I think it will be the Bengals as the Bills were last year's Kickoff visitors.
I think they will save the Eagles for a Sunday Night game. I don't think they ever had a rematch of the SB for the Kickoff.
I think KC is tagged for an overseas home game and the NFL will never choose any of the first three games on the list for an overseas game.

What say you? Ce que vous dites? ¿Lo que usted dice?
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Only thing I can say is...

Damn we play the Chiefs a lot. Tongue
Reply/Quote
Yeah I'd actually be a little surprised if it isn't us on kickoff. I'm probably being ignorant/forgetful, but is there another matchup which has been as good as the Bengals-Chiefs across the last two years? We've played 4 games and they've all been really good ones.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 05:52 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Yeah I'd actually be a little surprised if it isn't us on kickoff. I'm probably being ignorant/forgetful, but is there another matchup which has been as good as the Bengals-Chiefs across the last two years? We've played 4 games and they've all been really good ones.

The Chiefs/Bills have an argument, but having the last two AFC Championships, both decided on last minute field goals, edges them out. So I’d say no there hasn’t been.
Reply/Quote
Broncos. Welcome back Sean Payton.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 07:09 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: The Chiefs/Bills have an argument, but having the last two AFC Championships, both decided on last minute field goals, edges them out. So I’d say no there hasn’t been.

The Bills were the visitors last year. Time for new blood. 
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 05:52 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Yeah I'd actually be a little surprised if it isn't us on kickoff. I'm probably being ignorant/forgetful, but is there another matchup which has been as good as the Bengals-Chiefs across the last two years? We've played 4 games and they've all been really good ones.

Last four Chargers v Chiefs have been great games too... but I understand what you are saying.  i think Bengals will be going to germany for the Chiefs, they need a key game in Germany 
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 01:16 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Last four Chargers v Chiefs have been great games too... but I understand what you are saying.  i think Bengals will be going to germany for the Chiefs, they need a key game in Germany 

Blasphemy!! 
Reply/Quote
Id perfer a sunday game to start the season Thursday night games start too late some of us gotta be up before the sun
Reply/Quote
it will be a repeat of the SB with our game against KC as the 2nd choice. The Reds are home opening weekend so the Bengals will open on the road

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 03:55 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: NFL Kickoff 2023 and KC's home opener have a lot of options.

Ranking posibilities ...

1. Bengals -- Rematch the last two AFC Championships
2. Eagles -- Rematch SB
5. Miami -- Tyreek Hill
6. Raiders
7. Broncos
8. Lions
9. Bears

I think it will be the Bengals as the Bills were last year's Kickoff visitors.
I think they will save the Eagles for a Sunday Night game. I don't think they ever had a rematch of the SB for the Kickoff.
I think KC is tagged for an overseas home game and the NFL will never choose any of the first three games on the list for an overseas game.

What say you? Ce que vous dites? ¿Lo que usted dice?

Broncos and Panthers kicked off the season after their SB.
Reply/Quote

True, these are damn fun games to watch. Expecting Bengals/Chiefs to kickoff the season...
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 01:16 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Last four Chargers v Chiefs have been great games too... but I understand what you are saying.  i think Bengals will be going to germany for the Chiefs, they need a key game in Germany 

That's a good shout regarding the LAC-KC games. Those are largely very decent. I feel like KC always win them, but always by a FG.
Reply/Quote
It should be us
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 05:05 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: That's a good shout regarding the LAC-KC games. Those are largely very decent. I feel like KC always win them, but always by a FG.

3 out of last 4, like we have done to KC.
Reply/Quote
If we have to play on a Thursday night, please make it against KC week 1. That has the least short week impact and gives us a long week for recovery before a likely division game in week 2. Also, I kind of expect to play the Jags in London as both teams seem to have a good following there and it plays up the young gunslingers Burrow vs Lawrence.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 03:55 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: 1. Bengals -- Rematch the last two AFC Championships
2. Eagles -- Rematch SB
5. Miami -- Tyreek Hill
6. Raiders
7. Broncos
8. Lions
9. Bears

KC plays at Jacksonville, not home. They also play the Chargers at home.
Reply/Quote
I would think Bengals and Bills they will schedule for late season playoff implications/interest.

I'd be hoping for SB rematch.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2023, 01:33 AM)SouthernFan Wrote: If we have to play on a Thursday night, please make it against KC week 1.  That has the least short week impact and gives us a long week for recovery before a likely division game in week 2.

Playing in the Thursday opening game doesn't exclude teams from another Thursday game.  For example the Bills and Rams opened the season last year on Thursday.  The Bills had another Thursday night game in week 13 (as well as the Thanksgiving game the week before) and the Rams had one week 14.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2023, 08:12 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Playing in the Thursday opening game doesn't exclude teams from another Thursday game.  For example the Bills and Rams opened the season last year on Thursday.  The Bills had another Thursday night game in week 13 (as well as the Thanksgiving game the week before) and the Rams had one week 14.

The Bills also played on Thursday again in Week 15 at New England.
Reply/Quote