Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Burfict's Game Soften?
Ive been reading how Burfict has said he needs to change aspects of his game as a result of what happened this past season. He just recently reached out to Bell and his rehab. see link:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000640955/article/leveon-bell-gets-support-from-burfict-during-rehab

My question is do you think all this pressure on him will result in his game play to lose the "Eye Of A Tiger"? We all know how much of a mental game football is, and I'm hoping he comes back next season with all the fire and passion in past seasons without questioning his game so much, his playing suffers as a result.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2016, 02:56 PM)GodFather Wrote: Ive been reading how Burfict has said he needs to change aspects of his game as a result of what happened this past season. He just recently reached out to Bell and his rehab. see link:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000640955/article/leveon-bell-gets-support-from-burfict-during-rehab

My question is do you think all this pressure on him will result in his game play to lose the "Eye Of A Tiger"? We all know how much of a mental game football is, and I'm hoping he comes back next season with all the fire and passion in past seasons without questioning his game so much, his playing suffers as a result.

I would think his play wouldn't change just his antics after the play is over... for the 1 or 2 plays he shows emotion over in a year that get national publicity. I would also think he can't Cam Newton anyone anymore... that's about about the changes I see him making.
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure his game can soften at this point from what I understand he has been playing like this since he was 11. He'll probably make adjustments to go lower and wreck a knee or 2..get suspended again, and then again (because where is he suppose to tackle?) and then he'll be out of the league. He will then take Thurman's crown of "what ifs" in Bengaldom.

Reply/Quote
From....

[Image: teamhays.1.jpg]

to.....

[Image: tanaka-marbles.jpg] ??????????

Nervous

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The dirty antics did not make Burfict play any better.

His game will not "soften" at all.
Reply/Quote
Not a bit.. He just needs to play within the rules which isn't a bad thing at all.
I'm a pretty good driver.. Only one speeding ticket and so on, but it took me a few years to figure out to NOT drive drunk.. It didn't change how I drive, I just do it sober now..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2016, 05:55 PM)Wyche Wrote: From....

[Image: teamhays.1.jpg]

to.....

[Image: tanaka-marbles.jpg]    ??????????

Nervous

What a classic movie!  Rock On
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Burfict isn't going to have a happy ending in the NFL.

Next year might be the beginning of his end.
Reply/Quote
Without starting another Burfict thread I need some help from the math guys.

It appears we won't be able to keep some key guys. I assume you all know who i am talking about. In my/others opinion we should release, Hawk, Peko, Nugent, and even Rey M. to free up more space. Considering DreK is also owed 8 million I suggested he may need to be cut as well in order to keep our best players. (Iloka, Jones, Pac, Nelson>DreK.) But would that be enough?

Now this is where the crazy part comes in and where i need your help. First let me state that I stand behind everything I have said regarding Burfict on other threads.

Here goes.. wow can't believe i'm about to type this. Hilarious

If we were to release Burfict, a guy almost everyone hates, including the NFL. A guy who may or may not have a future with this team...

Following me? Yes/good - No/He's risky.

How much cap would that free up and how much dead money would that leave us with?

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2016, 03:59 PM)CoCoNuT Wrote: I would think his play wouldn't change just his antics after the play is over... for the 1 or 2 plays he shows emotion over in a year that get national publicity. I would also think he can't Cam Newton anyone anymore... that's about about the changes I see him making.

Pretty much this, it's all about when the play is over.  What floored me beyone belief is you have to have it in your head that you lost the Denver game for your team after you hit a guy late.  Yes it was a bogus call, but irrelevant of his opinion that has to leave a mark that "okay I won't lose the game for my team."  With that in perspective, not only did he hit Brown late but he went out of his way IN THE EXACT SAME SCENARIO.  I now have an issue with the latest quote eluding to the Hill fumble.  The problem I have is, doesn't he see Hill's gaffe as similar to his own with the late hit out of bounds in Denver?  We're just spinning wheels if we debate how his instincts work.  It's not as simple as us being wrong to praise him for a great play and then screaming about him hitting someone high.  I think he's going to try to adjust his target, and hopefully it works but I'm not asking about durring the play.  Like you said, it's about the post play.  I got over the loss, but it's hard for me to look at that recent quote as I'm baffled that he doesn't "get it".  He "won" the game with the INT, he lost the Denver game with the late hit, he should have nothing to say regarding Hill besides "I regret the hit on Brown, I should have helped our defense make a stand" and keep your mouth shut.  It's not so much that I worry about what he might do on the field because of his playing style, but that he doesn't want to see himself as the guy that needs to change for the team (not for Roger Goodell). 
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2016, 11:15 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Burfict isn't going to have a happy ending in the NFL.

I sure hope not.

He can still be a physical football player, he just needs to play with a level head. 

He can't let his temper get the best of him.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2016, 11:15 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Burfict isn't going to have a happy ending in the NFL.

Stop it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2016, 07:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The dirty antics did not make Burfict play any better.

His game will not "soften" at all.

Bingo.

What Burfict needs to change isn't how he plays the game. He needs to stop doing things that aren't part of the game, twisting ankles, spitting, hitting late and out of bounds.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2016, 04:31 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Bingo.

What Burfict needs to change isn't how he plays the game. He needs to stop doing things that aren't part of the game, twisting ankles, spitting, hitting late and out of bounds.

If he can do that, he will have a long and successful NFL career. IF he can do that.
Reply/Quote
He will play clean until the opponent plays dirty, then he too will get dirty. Although when this happens he will be the one getting the flags. Sucks I know, but the NFL does not call a fair game when we are on the field. Refs will let opponents antics draw him in before they start calling shit.

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2016, 02:56 PM)GodFather Wrote: Ive been reading how Burfict has said he needs to change aspects of his game as a result of what happened this past season. He just recently reached out to Bell and his rehab. see link:

Hope the antics stop,but don't soften up Taze  Rock On
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote

glad you got confidence in him. I truly,truly hope you're wrong. we need Burfict  Whatever
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't think he can control himself when the bullets are flying. Hope I'm wrong because if it continues he'll be out of the league in no time.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2016, 04:31 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Bingo.

This
Reply/Quote