Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Burrow Be Scared Like Carson Was?
(11-23-2020, 02:09 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The fact Burrow is breaking all kinds of rookie records Palmer didn't shows me he is better than Palmer was in his 1st year.

Burrow just threw the ball a lot more.

Joe is currently ranked 23rd in passer rating.  Palmer finished the first season he played ranked 23rd in passer rating.

Baker Mayfield holds the rookie record for td passes.  Does that mean you think he is better than Joe?
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 02:18 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Given Joe's mentality, I think he'll come back even better and we'll be better for it.

I guess we can go this route if we're feeling optimistic.  We had the notion that getting blown out by the Ravens and Steelers would make Burrow fight to be better, so maybe getting a devastating injury will make him extra mad and ready to kick ass, too.  But let's hope he's learned enough about losing and getting hurt and doesn't need more "encouragement" after this year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Carson Palmer was an incredibly tough QB.

I think people forget just how amazing, and how much work he put into returning for the start of '06. At the time, it was a noteworthy rehab timeline. There were countless articles written about it. SI did a cover piece on just how remarkable his effort was. Remember, the man went down in JANURARY, and was back in Sept. This after he already got his big deal. He didn't need to rush back or risk anything, yet he did.

He had multiple knee injuries, ligament damage to his elbow. He got his arm broken in a game in 2014 and came right back at had his best year of his career in 2015. Lead his team to a 13-3 record with 105 QB rating AT THE AGE OF 36.

I'll never forget the image of blood just pouring down his face. The guy tooks some absolute brutal hits in his career, and suffered some horendous injuries, yet he played for 14 seasons.

Somebody that says he wasn't tough is somebody that wasn't watching. Or they're butthurt about the way things ended, so they make things up.

Fwiw, I think Burrow is a tough kid too. But he's got a long way to go before you can say he's as tough as Palmer, much less tougher than. You can't just gift that moniker because you like him. To insinutate a 2 year starter in college, and a player who's had 10 career NFL starts, is tougher than a man who made 182 of them, with injury after injury, is frankly absurd.
Reply/Quote
What a wus, am I right?

[Image: Carson-Palmer-Bloody-Nose.jpg]
Reply/Quote