Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Will Burrow come out rusty Sunday?
We know Burrow has not played in any preseason games and is recovering from surgery. I think he starts Sunday against the Steelers. However, I think he will need some time to get adjusted. I look for a good second half with some struggles in the first half. He has been practicing hard which should help. Maybe run Mixon in the first half for most of the plays.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Burrow is a third-year vet.

Other than Hurst he is throwing to all the same receivers.

He has been practicing with them for weeks.

He won't be rusty.
Reply/Quote
What is up with these terrible threads?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
YES! For about a series. Then it's lights out Pittsburgh.

Honestly, I think he will be. Or at least he'll feel like it with the new line and whatnot. But he won't show it. He knows himself better than anyone, he's a perfectionist, and he's meticulously mapped out how he'll overcome the rust over the first few quarters- if not first few weeks- without having it hurt the team. Then for real, it's lights out... NFL.
Reply/Quote
Coming off appendicitis? It's not as if they had to take a knee apart to snip it out..It's about like getting your gall bladder out. I healed up in about 5 days..  Joe will be fine.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Maybe a little. But he has been practicing against the last two Super Bowl defenses the last couple weeks. And if he is not getting hit every time he drops back to pass like he was last year, then he might just start putting up bonkers stats week 1.

We should be able to three and out Trubisky and have an opportunity to go up early. It would be nice to let the new line put up a 200 yard rushing day against the Steelers to start off the year and let Burrow throw it less than 20 times.
Reply/Quote
Even if Burrow is "rusty" that's still light years better than Trubisky or any Steelers player out on that field. We will cruise.
Reply/Quote
More like hungry. He got to the Super Bowl without a line. Now that he has something resembling one, his mouth must be watering.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Burrow knows this is a chance to put the Steelers a game down right off the bat. He won't be rusty.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 10:33 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I think he starts Sunday against the Steelers. 
You THINK he starts on Sunday? Seriously? There was someone else in a post that alluded to the possibility that Burrow may not start or play on Sunday. Why do so many of you think this (and yes, 2 is too many)?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Put some whiner displacement 40 on those rusty parts and send those squealers home crying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
They asked Burrow about it and I thought his answer was pretty interesting.

He said he gets his reps prep in practice, not in the preseason games. I will be interested to see how well the line plays. That is the group that needs the reps and game action.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 11:46 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: They asked Burrow about it and I thought his answer was pretty interesting.

He said he gets his reps prep in practice, not in the preseason games.  I will be interested to see how well the line plays.  That is the group that needs the reps and game action.

Agree

It may take Joe a couple throws to get back in the saddle ? But I'm not as worried about him as I am the Oline.
Reply/Quote
Get used to Burrow not playing in the pre season. He may never take another pre - season snap again. Zac said last pre season when the first string offense came out for the 1 series it was a total train wreck that led to nearly 3 injuries on the Chase bubble screen. Zac doesnt see any positives in it. I tend to agree with him.
Reply/Quote
I don't know why anyone thinks it will take him any number of throws to get unrusty, he's been throwing to his receivers all camp, except for when he was healing.
Reply/Quote
Burrow is having rust chipped and scraped off right now and will be bathed in Rustoleum before the game.
Reply/Quote
I don't think there's an ounce of rust to be found. He's been putting in the work. If he literally just came on the field this week for the first time since the SB perhaps it would take a series or two. But that's not the case, and I can't imagine it being a thing. If anything, I think he'll be even more confident and driven this year than last, which is saying something!
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 12:19 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Get used to Burrow not playing in the pre season. He may never take another pre - season snap again.  Zac said last pre season when the first string offense came out for the 1 series it was a total train wreck that led to nearly 3 injuries on the Chase bubble screen. Zac doesnt see any positives in it. I tend to agree with him.

Reply/Quote
Nope

Sent from my BE2015 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Turns out the answer was yes.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote