Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Will Burrow come out rusty Sunday?
worried about no velocity. his passes were floating all day
Reply/Quote
Herbert 3 TDs in a half.

Burrow 4 INTs in a game.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 10:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What is up with these terrible threads?

Your terrible is someone realistic after today performance 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think calling that rusty would be incredibly generous to Joe. He was unfortunately, absolutely awful.

I'm hoping it isn't something to do with struggling to come back from the surgery. There was not the usual zip on the passes today.

We all think he's the chosen one etc, but a QB coming in with 0 prep game time, off surgery... maybe not a surprise he wasn't great. But 'wasn't great' would be a generous description as well.

I've got faith Joe will work his backside off to try and correct today's performance though. Not worried about him in general, more just shocked he was that bad.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:24 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: I think calling that rusty would be incredibly generous to Joe. He was unfortunately, absolutely awful.

I'm hoping it isn't something to do with struggling to come back from the surgery. There was not the usual zip on the passes today.

We all think he's the chosen one etc, but a QB coming in with 0 prep game time, off surgery... maybe not a surprise he wasn't great. But 'wasn't great' would be a generous description as well.

I've got faith Joe will work his backside off to try and correct today's performance though. Not worried about him in general, more just shocked he was that bad.

Shocked is the right word for it.  It's a long season and things should be fine, but it's going to be a long week as it seems the other top tier QBs have been getting it done today, so to speak.  We didn't earn a pat on the back this week, but thems the breaks.  I"m sure we'll all be happy to beat those dastardly Cowboys in their house and get back to .500 and so on.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:30 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Shocked is the right word for it.  It's a long season and things should be fine, but it's going to be a long week as it seems the other top tier QBs have been getting it done today, so to speak.  We didn't earn a pat on the back this week, but thems the breaks.  I"m sure we'll all be happy to beat those dastardly Cowboys in their house and get back to .500 and so on.

I should hope we would be happy, that Dallas game next week is a really difficult game, despite their playoff fails they are a good team. We could play well in Dallas and still be 0-2.

Joe's a tough guy and a strong character. We need way more from him. Over 17 games, he'll be fine.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 10:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He won't be rusty.

That didn’t age well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 02:41 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I don't think there's an ounce of rust to be found. He's been putting in the work. If he literally just came on the field this week for the first time since the SB perhaps it would take a series or two. But that's not the case, and I can't imagine it being a thing. If anything, I think he'll be even more confident and driven this year than last, which is saying something!

Well… huh. Not what I expected at all. Granted, the whole team looked rusty. But that was rough. I’ll be worried about what’s going on if next week is more of the same. But I sure this team takes a strong approach and comes out hot next week. And Burrow leading that through leadership and much, much better play.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 12:31 AM)tms Wrote: YES! For about a series. Then it's lights out Pittsburgh.

Honestly, I think he will be. Or at least he'll feel like it with the new line and whatnot. But he won't show it. He knows himself better than anyone, he's a perfectionist, and he's meticulously mapped out how he'll overcome the rust over the first few quarters- if not first few weeks- without having it hurt the team. Then for real, it's lights out... NFL.

Steelers proved me wrong today. Not only were we rusty, but by the time we came to we were also down 14 points. It's' one thing to shake off the cobwebs. It's another to then stage an epic comeback.

Congrats to Pittsburgh. We just ran out of time. And long snappers.
Reply/Quote
Burrow played a decent game even though he had the turnovers.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 10:33 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: We know Burrow has not played in any preseason games and is recovering from surgery. I think he starts Sunday against the Steelers. However, I think he will need some time to get adjusted. I look for a good second half with some struggles in the first half. He has been practicing hard which should help. Maybe run Mixon in the first half for most of the plays.

Well, you nailed this one. One of the worse first halves that I've seen for a QB. But he turned it around in the second half.

Wish the Bengals could run the ball. I watched Barkley of the Giants just seem to run at will against the Titans.
Reply/Quote
Joe was still in the locker room at 5:30 the last player there...sitting in front of his locker, not talking to anyone. This one is bothering him big time

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 08:47 PM)pally Wrote: Joe was still in the locker room at 5:30 the last player there...sitting in front of his locker, not talking to anyone. This one is bothering him big time

Good.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 10:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Burrow is a third-year vet.

Other than Hurst he is throwing to all the same receivers.

He has been practicing with them for weeks.

He won't be rusty.

If there was only some WD40 for the first half. Burrow sucked

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Yes, yes he will.....lol.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 08:42 PM)Nepa Wrote: Well, you nailed this one. One of the worse first halves that I've seen for a QB. But he turned it around in the second half.

Wish the Bengals could run the ball. I watched Barkley of the Giants just seem to run at will against the Titans.

He wasn't real good in the second either. Incompletion to Mixon could've been picked, had another tipped ball that could've been picked, and the one in the end zone on 4th down should've been picked. He was just better in the 2nd half, but he still wasn't good. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote