Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Clarke & Hunt?
(09-25-2016, 07:51 PM)milksheikh Wrote: What are your guys thoughts on Will Clarke and Margus Hunt, 3 weeks in?

Clarke has 2.0 sacks in 3 weeks and Hunt has made some splash plays and highlight plays.

They've both been impressive. I think they both have outplayed M. Johnson as well.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 10:30 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: If not for holds (not just misses, I'm talking holds), Dunlap would be at 4 sacks right now.

That Pitt game REALLY ****** with people's heads and perceptions of the team.

Pitt got manhandled by a Rookie qb, and Rookie HC. They said yesterday they thought they were a Superbowl contender after beating the Bengals, but more likely Bengals aren't that good and the win overrated the Steelers. Probably more likely then the Pitt game missed holds changing perception standpoint.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 11:25 AM)jj22 Wrote: Pitt got manhandled by a Rookie qb, and Rookie HC. They said yesterday they thought they were a Superbowl contender after beating the Bengals, but more likely Bengals aren't that good and the win overrated the Steelers. Probably more likely then the Pitt game missed holds changing perception standpoint.

Just because you're angry about things doesn't mean you can go and make things up (see where I replied to you in the other thread).

You want to jump off the ledge? Go ahead. I'll always have faith.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
What did I make up? Did Pitt not get mandhandled yesterday? You keep accusing me of making things up but that's all. Nothing to justify that accusation. But okay. Pitt didn't get manhandled by a Rookie HC/QB I guess. Let you tell it.

Lame to accuse someone of making things up because they are "angry" when eyes don't lie. People do.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Magus Hunt is exceeding expectations right now.

I did keep a watchful eye on him and noticed at times he's still engaging too long.

There was clearly one play where he had beaten his man and instead of working towards the QB/RB he re-engaged with the O-lineman.

If they can get him to break this "habit" he'll bring even more to the table.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 09:08 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: He had a crucial defensive holding play that kept a scoring drive alive for Denver.

(09-26-2016, 09:12 AM)Sled21 Wrote: It was a bullshit call.... even the announcer called it.

Yeah.  That call was total BS.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 09:33 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I blame the coaches.  100%.  If you are not able to get the most out of your players, then you shouldn't be getting the most out of your paycheck.  Do YOUR job, coaches.  Right now, I see countless examples of coaches getting more out of less all around the NFL.  You have more talent and you are laying eggs left and right.  

Our coaches are awful.  Plain and simple.  They won't change, so we can't expect a different result.  Even with Burfict, our coaches won't change and that is why they seemingly always crap the bed in big games.  The other team is better prepared and, more importantly, better at making adjustments.  

Since 2012 only 3 teams have more wins against teams that made the playoffs than the Bengals 12, and 2 of those teams only have one more victory.

Bengals are also 4th in the league in winning percentage against teams that made the playoffs.

Only 2 teams have both more victories and a better winning percentage.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 03:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Since 2012 only 3 teams have more wins against teams that made the playoffs than the Bengals 12, and 2 of those teams only have one more victory.

Bengals are also 4th in the league in winning percentage against teams that made the playoffs.

The numbers for primetime and post season games are abysmal though.....which is what I would venture to guess the poster was referring to.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 03:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Since 2012 only 3 teams have more wins against teams that made the playoffs than the Bengals 12, and 2 of those teams only have one more victory.

Not this year. This year we are 0 for against last year's playoff teams.

(09-26-2016, 03:21 PM)Wyche Wrote: The numbers for primetime and post season games are abysmal though.....which is what I would venture to guess the poster was referring to.

Yeah, we've managed to set all-time records for futility. 0-7 in the playoffs is the all-time record worst for a HC and 0-4 is tied for the all-time record worst for a QB.

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 03:31 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Not this year. This year we are 0 for against last year's playoff teams.

Yeah, we've managed to set all-time records for futility. 0-7 in the playoffs is the all-time record worst for a HC and 0-4 is tied for the all-time record worst for a QB.

Only bright side here, he's tied with Peyton Manning, isn't he? Smirk

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 03:51 PM)Wyche Wrote: Only bright side here, he's tied with Peyton Manning, isn't he? Smirk

You're thinking of YA Tittle, who is the other QB to go 0-4 in the playoffs. If we somehow make the playoffs, which I don't see how at this point, does anyone actually expect this team to pull out a win?

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 03:54 PM)BengalChris Wrote:  If we somehow make the playoffs, which I don't see how at this point, does anyone actually expect this team to pull out a win?

I expect us to make the playoffs and win a playoff game this year.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 04:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I expect us to make the playoffs and win a playoff game this year.

That's one of you then.

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 03:54 PM)BengalChris Wrote: You're thinking of YA Tittle, who is the other QB to go 0-4 in the playoffs. If we somehow make the playoffs, which I don't see how at this point, does anyone actually expect this team to pull out a win?

Yeah....it's gonna be a tough row to hoe, but if the line play improves, I think we'll look a whole lot better.  

Thanks for the clarification....Manning lost a few to start too, but this is ominous, I don't think Tittle ever did win one, did he?

Reply/Quote
I was disappointed we didn't bring in additional players to push Clarke and Hunt, but I think we need to give a tip of the cap to Jacob Burney. He's got these two guys playing their asses off.

As for MJ, I think he's just starting to wear down. He's only 29, which should still be his prime, but he's not playing like he used to. He used to get a good bend when rushing around the tackle, but he's a lot more vertical now. It seems like he's content with just standing in front of the tackle and hoping to jump up and knock a pass down.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 04:08 PM)BengalChris Wrote: That's one of you then.

Two of us...... bunch of girls around here moaning the sky is falling. How many games did Pittsburgh drop at the beginning of last season???
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 06:32 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Two of us...... bunch of girls around here moaning the sky is falling. How many games did Pittsburgh drop at the beginning of last season???

I'm also confident we make the playoffs. 

It seems a lot of people think our only shot is the WC, but I still think we can win this division. Pitt looked absolutely terrible yesterday, and Baltimore will have to play teams that are actually good at some point. 

Reply/Quote

Ok, now drill down your analysis to include just prime time games, playoff games, and games with a large national viewing audience.  And tell me if you get the same results.  I did say big games.  
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 10:30 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: If not for holds (not just misses, I'm talking holds), Dunlap would be at 4 sacks right now.

That Pitt game REALLY ****** with people's heads and perceptions of the team.

I agree completely, but not sure if they were all Dunlap's....Bengals as a team had at least 6 taken with holds.  Still makes me want to vomit, but what about the Jets game?  The Broncos game?  
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 04:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I expect us to make the playoffs and win a playoff game this year.

I think everyone has those same expectations. However Sunday was a very winnable game for us, and if we cant beat a team like Denver at home I cant see us winning a playoff game.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote