Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Eagles score on first possession?
Let's go for the NFL record on TDs allowed on first possession in one season.

7 times this season we have allowed TD on opponent's first possession.

That will be as great a tribute to our team as Marvin's setting another all time record that will never be broken - 0-7 in playoffs with same team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yes
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
No, even a broken watch is right twice a day.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
The record is only 8 times? Damn. I would have thought the Browns would have done worse. Defensive woes. Offensive woes. How did we win a game?
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 10:55 AM)bengals67 Wrote: Let's go for the NFL record on TDs allowed on first possession in one season.

7 times this season we have allowed TD on opponent's first possession.

That will be as great a tribute to our team as Marvin's setting another all time record that will never be broken - 0-7 in playoffs with same team.

The Defense isn't the problem.  They are keeping scores low enough to win.....The problem is the sorry lousy offense including Dalton who over throws every pass and misses wide open receivers while throwing into tight coverage. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
there is something wrong with a defense that allows the opponent to score a TD on first possession 7 of 11 games.

In at least a coupe of others, the opponent has kicked a field goal during the first possession.

How many first possession drives for Bengals this year have resulted in a TD or a field goal?

Regarding Dalton- our offensive line and Bodine in particular are way below average. Let's see how Rodgers or Brady would do playing with our offensive line.

The RT and Bodine are easily in the bottom 3 in the league and the RT is probably the worse RT in the league.

We scored our sole TD yesterday with a 7th round backup temporarily playing for Bodine. Then, after we scored, Alexander put Bodine back in the game.

Unreal.
Reply/Quote
Yes, yes they will.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Yes. We will sit back with two deep safeties and even though Philly doesn't frequently throw deep. Our nickel defense won't stop any runs and the base defense won't stop any passes. Ryan Matthews and Darren Sproles will both be banged up, but we will not be able to stop the run in the red zone.
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote
I can remember a couple of years ago I think, that we went the whole season without a TD allowed on an opening drive (only team in the league). Or we came close to doing it. And we were really good at putting up a TD on our first drive.

Man do we just suck this season. Terribad team. I think the talent is there on offence to rebuild around. Certainly don't buy that we need a full-on rebuild, but we do need some change on this team if we're going to be better next season.
Reply/Quote
bengals67there is something wrong with a defense that allows the opponent to score a TD on first possession 7 of 11 games.

In at least a coupe of others, the opponent has kicked a field goal during the first possession.

How many first possession drives for Bengals this year have resulted in a TD or a field goal?

Regarding Dalton- our offensive line and Bodine in particular are way below average. Let's see how Rodgers or Brady would do playing with our offensive line.

The RT and Bodine are easily in the bottom 3 in the league and the RT is probably the worse RT in the league.

We scored our sole TD yesterday with a 7th round backup temporarily playing for Bodine. Then, after we scored, Alexander put Bodine back in the game.

Unreal.
Why
 do people always make excuses for Dalton. Why can't people see that he just isn't that good. I mean ya he puts up some stats but the man is not a winner. He folds under the lights, we have all seen it time and time again... I bet Brady would be way better even with this line. Dalton is no Brady or Rodgers, not even close....
Reply/Quote
[Image: Bild+1.png]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 03:13 PM)kevin Wrote: The Defense isn't the problem.  They are keeping scores low enough to win.....The problem is the sorry lousy offense including Dalton who over throws every pass and misses wide open receivers while throwing into tight coverage. 

I have always been supportive of Dalton. But, Dang it, he looks like he has regressed to his old ways (pre Tom House). The lack of an O-line and a (WTH?) play caller have done a number on Dalton this year. The biggest issue is the lousy line blocking. Followed by absurd formations/play calls. Marvy and Mikey are a given. Wide open TEs over the middle all day long and piss-poor tackling; combined with brain fart mistakes make this defense less than acceptable too!!! Cry
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 03:06 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: The record is only 8 times? Damn. I would have thought the Browns would have done worse. Defensive woes. Offensive woes. How did we win a game?

AJ Green.

Reply/Quote