Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Fuller Gamble
Interesting guy. Battled injuries his whole career, but dynamic when on the field. I doubt he would want to come here as a WR4, on a prove it deal, but I’m sure we could find a decent amount of playing time for him and help him play a full season. If a boyd/Higgins/chase Injury where to Happen, he could help us move the pieces around and still have a dynamic WR group.

This all said, it would have to be a similar contract Green just got 1 year/4mill. I know we could also draft someone, so this is more of a luxury discussion, but it’s slowed down around here.

This would be the kind of signing that signals players want to chase a ring with burrow.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Will Fuller won't be coming here on a deal like that. His contract last year was $10.6m and the WR market is inflated. I am not saying he will get more than $10m per year, but he won't be taking $4m. I think a lot of fans are really overrating how often a player chooses to ring chase instead of taking money. Maybe if it is an older player, but Fuller is only 28. I don't think Cincinnati is going to get anyone of note that is willing to take a small contract to chase a ring. To most guys, success isn't as important as the money.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2022, 09:16 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Will Fuller won't be coming here on a deal like that. His contract last year was $10.6m and the WR market is inflated. I am not saying he will get more than $10m per year, but he won't be taking $4m. I think a lot of fans are really overrating how often a player chooses to ring chase instead of taking money. Maybe if it is an older player, but Fuller is only 28. I don't think Cincinnati is going to get anyone of note that is willing to take a small contract to chase a ring. To most guys, success isn't as important as the money.

And he played in 2 games all year, catching 4 passes for 26 yards. His market is going to be very slim if I had to guess.

Doesn't matter how much the WR market is inflated, guy is going to have to take a cheap prove-it deal. Likely based around per-game bonus incentives.

I wouldn't hate a Will Fuller deal where he made $1m base salary and then had something like $250k or $300k per game active. Would put it at $5.25m or $6.1m if he played 17 games. I highly doubt he stays healthy, though. Seems like less a gamble and more an inevitability.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I would pass I think were pretty set at WR, but I think they will be adding 1/2 via the draft:

1) Chase
2) Higgins
3) Boyd
4) Draft pick
5) Taylor
6) Morgan/Thomas

Its a solid group, but I think getting a solid #4 guy who could return Kicks/punts is the ideal way to go, while saving money to address other areas.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2022, 10:18 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: And he played in 2 games all year, catching 4 passes for 26 yards. His market is going to be very slim if I had to guess.

Doesn't matter how much the WR market is inflated, guy is going to have to take a cheap prove-it deal. Likely based around per-game bonus incentives.

I wouldn't hate a Will Fuller deal where he made $1m base salary and then had something like $250k or $300k per game active. Would put it at $5.25m or $6.1m if he played 17 games. I highly doubt he stays healthy, though. Seems like less a gamble and more an inevitability.

Your spot on, fuller isn’t getting anything more than around 5m.

If he signs with the right team and stays healthy, he could
Cash in next year on a decent contract.
Reply/Quote
I'm surprised he hasn't signed with a team like KC or the Browns with Watson there now. He's probably waiting until after the draft which is what I hope we are doing. I would've liked us to sign another player maybe two. I'm hoping we are just waiting to see what position groups we still need to add some depth.
Reply/Quote
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No

Do we never learn? Do we not look at player history? When WF was on the market last year, people here were like YES YES YES, and I was NO NO NO. I watched him for 5 years with Houston and he spent most of that time injured. He had one decent season and that got him a contract, which he spent....injured. He is dumb, has a limited route tree (basically GO only) and drops the ball ALOT and at the most inconvenient times (like wide open for touchdown times).

He has missed time with injury every year since his rookie year, while missing 14 of 17 games last year. He has missed 6. 9. 5, 5, and 15 games over the last 5 years due to injury. He's made of glass and dumb as a stump. So No.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2022, 11:29 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Your spot on, fuller isn’t getting anything more than around 5m.

If he signs with the right team and stays healthy, he could
Cash in next year on a decent contract.

He's never been healthy.
Reply/Quote
I think we took a long look at him in the draft that we were trying to get a WR in a flawed year for WRs, but all the decent ones were snatched up before our pick so we picked William Jackson III. He is fast, but has droppsies every once in a while. I would pass for his pretty recent injury, non activity history. Maybe he might come to the AFC North via Cleveland? He connected great with Watson.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2022, 10:31 AM)schroomytunes Wrote: I would pass I think were pretty set at WR, but I think they will be adding 1/2 via the draft:

1) Chase
2) Higgins
3) Boyd
4) Draft pick
5) Taylor
6) Morgan/Thomas

Its a solid group, but I think getting a solid #4 guy who could return Kicks/punts is the ideal way to go, while saving money to address other areas.

I am going to disagree on this. At least on the set part. We have bodies at WR (Thomas, Morgan, Tatlor, Irwin), but not good depth.  Our depth guys have ST value (save for Irwin), but do not offer much in terms of receiving. We have no speed outside of Chase. No size outside of Higgins. And lack a shifty slot guy altogether (Taylor was on the PS last year). 

There is good depth at WR this year. I favor WR over TE. At least earlier. I could see taking two. 
Reply/Quote
WRs 4-6/7 should Also double as STs players... Fuller wont fill that role at all.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2022, 09:41 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: WRs 4-6/7 should Also double as STs players... Fuller wont fill that role at all.

On the flip side, they should also contribute on offense. We have a bunch of ST players, but would be in a pinch if one of the top 3 goes down.

Plus most 4th WRs don’t play STs
Reply/Quote
Pass on Fuller, he can't be counted on.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2022, 08:49 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Interesting guy.  Battled injuries his whole career, but dynamic when on the field.  I doubt he would want to come here as a WR4, on a prove it deal, but I’m sure we could find a decent amount of playing time for him and help him play a full season.  If a boyd/Higgins/chase Injury where to Happen, he could help us move the pieces around and still have a dynamic WR group.

This all said, it would have to be a similar contract Green just got 1 year/4mill.  I know we could also draft someone, so this is more of a luxury discussion, but it’s slowed down around here.

This would be the kind of signing that signals players want to chase a ring with burrow.

I am down, adds speed and insurance to our Offense in case one of our top 3 go down. 

Might be able to stay healthy as a backup WR. Should be cheap with his injury history.

Fuller at least plays well when he is healthy unlike Ross.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2022, 10:41 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Pass on Fuller, he can't be counted on.

As a wr1, 2 or 3 I agree. Limit his snaps and he may be able to stay healthy and provide insurance against an injury to a top 3. He wouldn’t be “counted on” for a majority of snaps.

If something happens to chase, your speed on offense is gone.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2022, 06:56 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: As a wr1, 2 or 3 I agree.  Limit his snaps and he may be able to stay healthy and provide insurance against an injury to a top 3.  He wouldn’t be “counted on” for a majority of snaps.  

If something happens to chase, your speed on offense is gone.

You have no leg to stand on here....

He cant stay on the field and he drops the ball.  It doesnt matter how fast he is if his hammy is blown out or he has butter fingers.  Let it go.
Reply/Quote
I liked what I saw from Irwin. I’m think it would be a good idea to draft a wideout that could have a big special teams role though. We could use a good returner.

A vet signing would be a waste of cap space. Spend that money on defensive depth.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2022, 08:46 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I liked what I saw from Irwin. I’m think it would be a good idea to draft a wideout that could have a big special teams role though. We could use a good returner.

A vet signing would be a waste of cap space. Spend that money on defensive depth.

Calvin Austin Slot WR/Returner
Reply/Quote
Calvin Austin looks good - highlights on Wan'Dale Robinson do as well. Maybe a 3rd or 4th rd pick for a player that can play a role on offense and likely contribute in the return game.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2022, 10:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Calvin Austin Slot WR/Returner

Not sure Burrow will find him on the field! Lol  5"6" 160lbs.....
Reply/Quote