Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Fuller Gamble
(04-21-2022, 10:44 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Not sure Burrow will find him on the field! Lol  5"6" 160lbs.....

Honestly, you joke about that but defenders will struggle to see him and the ball on jet sweeps and such. There are certain times where a smaller size is an advantage and in the case of gadget players it can be.
Reply/Quote
Fuller has missed 42 regular season games in his 6-year career.
That's 2.5 seasons missed.

He shouldn't get more than $6 mill until he can prove injuries are past him.
TBH, he should probably look to take an opportunity as a WR3/4 on a contender for a cheaper, prove-it deal.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 11:50 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Fuller has missed 42 regular season games in his 6-year career.

TBH, he should probably look to take an opportunity as a WR3/4 on a contender for a cheaper, prove-it deal.

I think he is one of those "first man up" guys for when a starter goes down in camp, and that is probably what his agent is waiting on. That or sometimes drafts don't shake out how teams like and they have a bigger need than they thought they would coming out. I could see GB for example coming to him if the board doesn't fall right to get two receivers early in the draft.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 11:44 AM)Au165 Wrote: Honestly, you joke about that but defenders will struggle to see him and the ball on jet sweeps and such. There are certain times where a smaller size is an advantage and in the case of gadget players it can be.

True, same with RB's that are small and get lost behind the OL. You can use a small Receiver to your advantage if you are 
creative enough. Burrow is one of the most accurate passers there is, if anybody could find him it is Burrow.

(04-22-2022, 11:50 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Fuller has missed 42 regular season games in his 6-year career.

Exactly, makes sense honestly. Probably will wait till after the Draft though.
Reply/Quote

Let’s call him about that “prove it” deal. 1 year 3-4m.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2022, 08:52 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Let’s call him about that “prove it” deal. 1 year 3-4m.

He'd be better off going to somewhere like Green Bay where he can get targets. He'd be a 3rd option at best in Cincinnati.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2022, 08:52 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Let’s call him about that “prove it” deal.  1 year 3-4m.

NO

FK NO

Haven't you been listening!?!?!?

He's already proven he can't stay healthy.  And it has NOTHING to do with wear and tear.  He gets hurt in the beginning, middle and end of the season.  It has nothing to do with reps and only to do with susceptibility.  Any team who signs Fuller is throwing money away.  I don't know why you want the team to flush cap space away for nothing.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2022, 02:28 PM)Stewy Wrote: NO

FK NO

Haven't you been listening!?!?!?

He's already proven he can't stay healthy.  And it has NOTHING to do with wear and tear.  He gets hurt in the beginning, middle and end of the season.  It has nothing to do with reps and only to do with susceptibility.  Any team who signs Fuller is throwing money away.  I don't know why you want the team to flush cap space away for nothing.

Let’s say he is able to play 10 games. Would those 10 games be more or less productive (catches, yards, tds) than our receivers 4-7, COMBINED?

Even if it isn’t fuller, the bengals need some speed on the offensive side of the ball (other than chase).
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2022, 04:07 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Let’s say he is able to play 10 games.  Would those 10 games be more or less productive (catches, yards, tds) than our receivers 4-7, COMBINED?

Even if it isn’t fuller, the bengals need some speed on the offensive side of the ball (other than chase).

#1 - You cant count on him, he drops balls and is only good at go routes.  I dont give two flying fks that he's faqst.

#2 - Agreed, but Id rather use a hungry unknown UDFA with speed than Fuller.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2022, 05:21 PM)Stewy Wrote: #1 - You cant count on him, he drops balls and is only good at go routes.  I dont give two flying fks that he's faqst.

#2 - Agreed, but Id rather use a hungry unknown UDFA with speed than Fuller.

Gimme a handful of other vet WRs than Fuller before I would bother with a "hungry unknown" UDFA.
About the only UDFA the Bengals have right now that I would have hope for is Jack Sorenson, who put up 1400 yards and 10 TDs this past season in the MAC. Big downside with him however is that he has pedestrian speed. He finds ways to get open and get the ball though, which could make him a chain mover, even on the outside.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2022, 09:58 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Gimme a handful of other vet WRs than Fuller before I would bother with a "hungry unknown" UDFA.
About the only UDFA the Bengals have right now that I would have hope for is Jack Sorenson, who put up 1400 yards and 10 TDs this past season in the MAC. Big downside with him however is that he has pedestrian speed. He finds ways to get open and get the ball though, which could make him a chain mover, even on the outside.

How many times to UDFA WR's pan out?

I bet the answer is not often. DeDe Westbrook I think would fit what we need more than Fuller cause of some of what Stewy says 
here. But man, Stewy comes off as bitter towards Fuller like he slept with his wife or somethin' lol

Sorenson is a Slot WR, we need an outside speedster like Westbrook.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2022, 04:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: How many times to UDFA WR's pan out?

I bet the answer is not often. DeDe Westbrook I think would fit what we need more than Fuller cause of some of what Stewy says 
here. But man, Stewy comes off as bitter towards Fuller like he slept with his wife or somethin' lol

Sorenson is a Slot WR, we need an outside speedster like Westbrook.

There are some that extremely hate guys that consistently get injured.
They'd rather have a guy who puts up about the same production in a whole season as a guy who misses chunks of games every season but has more potential to put up (way) better production in the games he does play.

Think of the argument for John Ross vs Alex Erickson a couple years ago as a great example.
Or the argument for Auden Tate.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote