Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Hemp Help Me Regrow Brain Cells The Same As Marijuana?
I've found mixed reviews on this, but marijuana grows back brain cells (which I'm missing a lot), so would hemp do the same thing since they're both from the Cannabis family?

Does anyone know or can anyone find anything concrete?

THANKS!
Reply/Quote
Bob marley credited his chronic use of marijuana for curing his brain cancer.

I say give it a try. Even if it doesn't work you won't really care.
Reply/Quote
I don’t know about you, but after I smoke two joints I certainly feel like my brain works a lot smooooooooother.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Who hacked your account Brad
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2018, 01:47 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Who hacked your account Brad

Why do you say that this isn’t a post by me?
Reply/Quote
Interesting. I’ve always been told marijuana burns brain cells. Maybe that was all hogwash to prevent me from getting high? Ahh, who knows. Never stopped me anyway.

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2018, 04:33 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I've found mixed reviews on this, but marijuana grows back brain cells (which I'm missing a lot), so would hemp do the same thing since they're both from the Cannabis family?

Does anyone know or can anyone find anything concrete?

THANKS!

well hemp is the part of the plant they use to make paper and clothes and rope...   So probly not.

you can get vape pens with Cannibus oil that are suppose to help things like focus... They wont get you high but you can get the other benefits.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 12:30 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well hemp is the part of the plant they use to make paper and clothes and rope...   So probly not.

Actually CBD (cannabidiol) can come from hemp.

CBD (the healthy stuff) is not THC (the stuff that gets you high).
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 12:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually CBD (cannabidiol) can come from hemp.

CBD (the healthy stuff) is not THC (the stuff that gets you high).

I did mention the canibus oil...  CBD is what you get in the vape pens.    

But it sounded like he was just gonna smoke hemp in his post lol.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 12:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Apparently not in humans

https://merryjane.com/health/sexual-assault-survivors-share-how-weed-treats-their-ptsd

It has been verified by my brain doctor and other brain doctors I’ve “spoken” to, and that link is about how it helps PTSD in vets, so how was that relevant?

If that had anything of value related to the discussion, you would have quoted it in your post.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2018, 02:55 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Interesting. I’ve always been told marijuana burns brain cells. Maybe that was all hogwash to prevent me from getting high? Ahh, who knows. Never stopped me anyway.

It sounds like all it ever has been was propoganda to scare people away. I heard that one of the reasons that they made it illegal was because they put monkeys in gas mask-type deals with marijuana being put in but no air ways, so they suffocated and died, so they used that as a reason why it’s bad. Don’t know how true that is, but it makes sense.

Alcohol definitely kills brain cells.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 09:20 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It has been verified by my brain doctor and other brain doctors I’ve “spoken” to, and that link is about how it helps PTSD in vets, so how was that relevant?

If that had anything of value related to the discussion, you would have quoted it in your post.

Wrong link.  Sorry.
Reply/Quote
I'm not an expert but it seems you should ask your doctor(s) instead of a bunch of people on a football message board. I'm guessing you might get more reliable answers that way. Just a thought.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 09:25 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It sounds like all it ever has been was propoganda to scare people away. I heard that one of the reasons that they made it illegal was because they put monkeys in gas mask-type deals with marijuana being put in but no air ways, so they suffocated and died, so they used that as a reason why it’s bad. Don’t know how true that is, but it makes sense.

Alcohol definitely kills brain cells.

The main reasons it was made illegal are racism, William Randolph Hearst, and Lammot du Pont.  Hearst was a newspaper and timber mogul who hated cannabis due to the threat hemp posed to timber in terms of it's uses for paper products.  Du Pont, of Du Pont chemical fame wanted to have it banned due to his development of a synthetic fiber known as rayon that could be used in textiles and other mass-consumed products.  Hemp was probably as good or better for these purposes, and DuPont didn't have a patent for it, so it benefitted him to have it banned.  

Add this to the fact that they both were immensely powerful and tied to the head of the Federal Bureau of Narcotics, a fella named Ainslinger, and you get enough pull to have it banned.  They used racist propaganda to scare the general public and soften resistance.  The whole reason it's called marijuana and not hemp or cannabis (as it had been to Americans forever) is to give it a Mexican name that would cause people to associate it with minorities.  The word isn't even in the dictionary until prohibition.  

I don't smoke anymore due to work reasons, but when you look into the actual history of weed prohibition, it's pretty infuriating.  There's zero good reason for it to remain illegal for industrial, medical or even recreational purposes.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 09:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Wrong link.  Sorry.
Ok, so post the correct link.

Problem solved.

ThumbsUp
(12-28-2018, 11:30 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I'm not an expert but it seems  you should ask your doctor(s) instead of a bunch of people on a football message board.  I'm guessing you might get more reliable answers that way. Just a thought.
This isn't the football section.

And my doctor from Children's is a busy guy, and I don't really have any other doctors.  Also, he said that he was recently at a convention that talked about the medical uses of marijuana, but that doesn't necessarily mean he knows anything about hemp.

I will ask him the next time I have an appointment, but that's most likely a few months.
(12-29-2018, 12:05 AM)samhain Wrote: The main reasons it was made illegal are racism, William Randolph Hearst, and Lammot du Pont.  Hearst was a newspaper and timber mogul who hated cannabis due to the threat hemp posed to timber in terms of it's uses for paper products.  Du Pont, of Du Pont chemical fame wanted to have it banned due to his development of a synthetic fiber known as rayon that could be used in textiles and other mass-consumed products.  Hemp was probably as good or better for these purposes, and DuPont didn't have a patent for it, so it benefitted him to have it banned.  

Add this to the fact that they both were immensely powerful and tied to the head of the Federal Bureau of Narcotics, a fella named Ainslinger, and you get enough pull to have it banned.  They used racist propaganda to scare the general public and soften resistance.  The whole reason it's called marijuana and not hemp or cannabis (as it had been to Americans forever) is to give it a Mexican name that would cause people to associate it with minorities.  The word isn't even in the dictionary until prohibition.  

I don't smoke anymore due to work reasons, but when you look into the actual history of weed prohibition, it's pretty infuriating.  There's zero good reason for it to remain illegal for industrial, medical or even recreational purposes.

Great insight.  

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2018, 12:16 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Ok, so post the correct link.

https://merryjane.com/health/cannabis-neurogenesis-brain-cell-regrowth-myth-march-2018

Michele Ross, PhD, is the executive director of IMPACT Network, a non-profit medical cannabis research organization. She studied neurogenesis and drug addiction in rodent models during her graduate and post-doc studies at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center and the California Institute of Technology, respectively. Since then, she has strongly campaigned for cannabis legalization, but she's no longer convinced weed can grow new brain cells.

"It's great to say, 'In the rodent brain, exercise increases neurogenesis' or 'CBD increases neurogenesis,'" Ross, told MERRY JANE by phone. "But if it doesn't happen in the [human] adult brain, it's not worth bringing it up. It's completely irrelevant."

According to researchers at the University of California at San Francisco, brain cell growth — or "neurogenesis" — does not occur in the adult human hippocampus. This study seemingly flies in the face of the past two decades of research claiming the hippocampus could regenerate lost cells. In other mammals, such as rats and mice, the hippocampus is believed to direct neurogenesis in other parts of the brain as well, but humans probably cannot tap into this Wolverine-like ability.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2018, 01:53 AM)fredtoast Wrote: https://merryjane.com/health/cannabis-neurogenesis-brain-cell-regrowth-myth-march-2018

Michele Ross, PhD, is the executive director of IMPACT Network, a non-profit medical cannabis research organization. She studied neurogenesis and drug addiction in rodent models during her graduate and post-doc studies at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center and the California Institute of Technology, respectively. Since then, she has strongly campaigned for cannabis legalization, but she's no longer convinced weed can grow new brain cells.

"It's great to say, 'In the rodent brain, exercise increases neurogenesis' or 'CBD increases neurogenesis,'" Ross, told MERRY JANE by phone. "But if it doesn't happen in the [human] adult brain, it's not worth bringing it up. It's completely irrelevant."

According to researchers at the University of California at San Francisco, brain cell growth — or "neurogenesis" — does not occur in the adult human hippocampus. This study seemingly flies in the face of the past two decades of research claiming the hippocampus could regenerate lost cells. In other mammals, such as rats and mice, the hippocampus is believed to direct neurogenesis in other parts of the brain as well, but humans probably cannot tap into this Wolverine-like ability.

Quote:But not so fast says one renowned scientist.

"Keep in mind, this study only dealt with the hippocampus," says Robert Melamede, PhD. "There are other studies showing neurogenesis in other regions[of the brain] not addressed by this study."
Reply/Quote
If you click on the links in the quote by Dr Melamede it appears that all the clinical studies have been on mammels other than humans.

Clearly more research is needed, but when the head of a medical cannibus research center rejects a claim about the the use of marijuana as a cure I tend to believe her.  Seems like she would be one that is desperate to find legitimate medical uses for cannabis.

Even though it sounded like I was joking earlier I say try it.  You have nothing to lose.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2018, 01:59 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Marijuana was made illegal in 2018 about the same time alcohol prohibition began 1920.  Both were mainly the result of a moralistic movement.  There clearly was not any racist motive for making alcohol illegal or any profit motive from rope makers.

However it is true that racism was used in propaganda to scare people.  Marijuana was much more popular among Mexicans and african Americans than white people.  That is a big reason it was not made legal again when alcohol prohibition ended.

Marijuana wasn't nearly as widely used as alcohol at the time.  A few people on the fringes of society may have used it, but it was most commonly used as a tincture for medical purposes.  It wasn't nearly prevalent enough in society to provoke moral opposition.  Not without being manufactured by the media/elite.  Alcohol was, has been, and still is literally everywhere and permeates every level of society.  
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2018, 02:48 AM)fredtoast Wrote: If you click on the links in the quote by Dr Melamede it appears that all the clinical studies have been on mammels other than humans.

Clearly more research is needed, but when the head of a medical cannibus research center rejects a claim about the the use of marijuana as a cure I tend to believe her.  Seems like she would be one that is desperate to find legitimate medical uses for cannabis.

Even though it sounded like I was joking earlier I say try it.  You have nothing to lose.

She didn't address certain things in her study, as your link points out.  Why wouldn't she address those points if they strengthened her points unless she has an agenda?

I've done my research and spoken with my brain doctor.  
Reply/Quote