Should he?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
He should but he won't.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Lacy number 60. I still think we made the right decision selecting Gio.

Reply/Quote
That list cracks me up.

First of all, it uses 2014 as a gauge....for 2015. They're trying to predict based on the previous year. So you have some guy who has an anomaly of a year and makes it for the first time, and he's now a stalwart moving forward.

You have AP who played one game make the list. You have a backup (Darren Sproles) ranked pretty high.

The position doesn't get a whole lotta love, but it gets a little more here. if he was going to make it, it would be around the 90s. They're counting down into the 50s tonight, so I really doubt it.

Love Hill. Maybe if he backs up his rookie year with less fumbles and more yards, same production (YPC), he (should) be a lock.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2015, 10:05 PM)jj22 Wrote: Lacy number 60. I still think we made the right decision selecting Gio.

in the end perhaps because of Hill, but Lacy is by far a better player.
Reply/Quote
Whitworth is the only should be lock in here.

It's too late for Iloka.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2015, 10:12 PM)Stormborn Wrote: in the end perhaps because of Hill, but Lacy is by far a better player.

Maybe he is, but Gio was the type of back we were seeking... So you cant fault them. Besides I think Lacy benefits from the fear of Rodgers. Bells the one that hurts...

Reply/Quote
(06-03-2015, 10:06 PM)TGISunday Wrote: That list cracks me up.

First of all, it uses 2014 as a gauge....for 2015.  They're trying to predict based on the previous year.  So you have some guy who has an anomaly of a year and makes it for the first time, and he's now a stalwart moving forward.

You have AP who played one game make the list.  You have a backup (Darren Sproles) ranked pretty high.  

The position doesn't get a whole lotta love, but it gets a little more here.  if he was going to make it, it would be around the 90s.  They're counting down into the 50s tonight, so I really doubt it.

Love Hill.  Maybe if he backs up his rookie year with less fumbles and more yards, same production (YPC), he (should) be a lock.

You make a lot of valid points here. The one thing Hill might be up against is competition for the ball. If this team can magically avoid the injury bug this year, just look at what Hue has at his disposal when preparing his offense. AJ, MLJ, Sanu. 2 tight ends, Gio, and Hill all competing for touches. Hill might be lucky to get 200, depending on scheme and success. Maintaining his YPC (5.1-ish?) is very strong, and like what you said about less fumbles will be significant. 

At the risk of wishing my life away, I wish it was 12 weeks from now.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2015, 10:21 PM)jj22 Wrote: Maybe he is, but Gio was the type of back we were seeking... So you cant fault them. Besides I think Lact benefit from the fear of Rodgers. Bells the one that hurts...

Well yeah, but it's because Green-Ellis was already here, and he stunk it up.

Bell was apparently #2 for us that year IIRC from Duke because of that quickness and hands we were looking for. Plus the toe injury was really hurting Eddie's stock.

Reply/Quote
(06-03-2015, 10:23 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: You make a lot of valid points here. The one thing Hill might be up against is competition for the ball. If this team can magically avoid the injury bug this year, just look at what Hue has at his disposal when preparing his offense. AJ, MLJ, Sanu. 2 tight ends, Gio, and Hill all competing for touches. Hill might be lucky to get 200, depending on scheme and success. Maintaining his YPC (5.1-ish?) is very strong, and like what you said about less fumbles will be significant. 

At the risk of wishing my life away, I wish it was 12 weeks from now.

Not a bad thing
Reply/Quote
He should be but I doubt he is just because of the medium sample size from last season, along with the fumbles.

It will be hilarious, though, when he's not on the list and then puts up top five numbers (if not better).
Reply/Quote
Lacy is ESPN's #1 fantasy player going into 2015 and he is ranked #60 on this list.

In other words........ who gives a crap. None of it is fact.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 12:10 AM)Gordon Fishsticks Wrote: Lacy is ESPN's #1 fantasy player going into 2015 and he is ranked #60 on this list.

In other words........ who gives a crap. None of it is fact.

Can we really call a list that puts AJ Green in the top 10 players in the entire NFL crap?  Come on!!!
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 01:12 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Can we really call a list that puts AJ Green in the top 10 players in the entire NFL crap?  Come on!!!

Prime example.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2015, 10:06 PM)TGISunday Wrote: That list cracks me up.

First of all, it uses 2014 as a gauge....for 2015.  They're trying to predict based on the previous year.  So you have some guy who has an anomaly of a year and makes it for the first time, and he's now a stalwart moving forward.

You have AP who played one game make the list.  You have a backup (Darren Sproles) ranked pretty high.  

The position doesn't get a whole lotta love, but it gets a little more here.  if he was going to make it, it would be around the 90s.  They're counting down into the 50s tonight, so I really doubt it.

Love Hill.  Maybe if he backs up his rookie year with less fumbles and more yards, same production (YPC), he (should) be a lock.
I completely agree TGI. BTW i voted Hill should of course make the top 100.

Led the league in rushing late last season even when Demarco Murray was putting
up those insane numbers behind that great O-line. Hill will be easily in the top 100
next year barring injury knock on wood i have no question.

Hill could end up being the best RB in the NFL in a few years if the O-line blocks
well for him and we use him properly. I just don't want to overuse him like the
Steelers are doing with Bell. Keep him around for a bit spelling him with Gio and
company.
Reply/Quote
whit and green will make it for sure..
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 05:11 PM)joshb1983 Wrote: whit and green will make it for sure..

I'd be surprised if Whit made it. Shocked. He's always been snubbed. AJ is probably our lone player.

Reply/Quote
Somehow Justin Forsett is on this list and he is ranked ahead of Arian Foster. 7 of the 50 announced have been Ravens (counting Ngata) yet there are zero Bengals even though we beat them twice last year.

Larry Fitzgerald hasn't had a 1000 yard season since 2011 but he is the 68th best player in the league?

I remember I used to care about this list. Until I realized it was a bunch of crap.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 08:12 PM)jj22 Wrote: I'd be surprised if Whit made it. Shocked. He's always been snubbed. AJ is probably our lone player.

Only 1 player in the "top 100"... you can really tell what NFL players actually think about the talent level on the Bengals team then if it pans out that way.
Reply/Quote
Why would he? He's a very mediocre safety for the Ravens...and that's generous
Reply/Quote