Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Hill released: Drug suspension coming
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000644985/article/will-hill-facing-10game-suspension-for-drug-violation?campaign=Twitter_atn

10 games. Now we see why they signed old man Weddle.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 06:51 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000644985/article/will-hill-facing-10game-suspension-for-drug-violation?campaign=Twitter_atn

10 games.    Now we see why they signed old man Weddle.

Nope doesn't explain Weddle. Safety was an area that needed addressing. However they now cut Hill instead of cutting Webb, Elam, Lewis. 
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 07:33 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Nope doesn't explain Weddle. Safety was an area that needed addressing. However they now cut Hill instead of cutting Webb, Elam, Lewis. 

Great.  Hill was better than all of them.   More Elam please.    

And it still doesn't excuse overpaying for an old man who hasn't proven anything in your system.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 07:56 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Great.  Hill was better than all of them.   More Elam please.    

And it still doesn't excuse overpaying for an old man who hasn't proven anything in your system.

Overpaying? Really? Contract given was fair.  Wasn't even top 10 for the position. Nice try though. 
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 08:50 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Overpaying? Really? Contract given was fair.  Wasn't even top 10 for the position. Nice try though. 

He is old.

Hey if you like paying old guys then that's your teams deal. There is a reason he lasted this long.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 09:25 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: He is old.    

Hey if you like paying old guys then that's your teams deal.   There is a reason he lasted this long.

So you think it's a bad move or just hating? If you believe it was a bad move then you are definitely in the minority.
Younger than your boy Nelson and he performed pretty well. 

I'm fine with the signing. Should do well for a the next two years. 
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 10:40 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: So you think it's a bad move or just hating? If you believe it was a bad move then you are definitely in the minority.
Younger than your boy Nelson and he performed pretty well. 

I'm fine with the signing. Should do well for a the next two years. 

Not hating at all. Just questioning signing an old guy that hasn't proven to be successful in your system. History shows that it's a risky signing . As far as my boy Nelson.... He has proven to be successful in the bengals system so the risk is low. But had you guys signed him I would have made the same argument. Same for us signing Weddle.

Good luck and hope it works out but I still wonder why you guys always take on these old guys.
Reply/Quote