Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Joe Burrow get bored
(03-21-2022, 03:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Uh, no, I never said anything like that.
Yes, you definitely did. 

You said they can't be elite because we don't have a single Pro Bowl player.

If they can be good, why can't they be elite.

Also, a line doesn't have to have elite players if they're well coached, have a good scheme, and work together.

Furthermore, aside from all that, if a player hasn't made a Pro Bowl yet, why are you so sure that they can't make the Pro Bowl this year?

How many Pro Bowlers do we have to have on the line for it to be considered elite?
(03-21-2022, 03:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I also said our O-line was horrible last year.  I think you may have me confused with someone else.

But facts and stats prove that Burrow took a lot of sacks when he had over 2.5 seconds to throw the ball.

Guess it is just too complicated for you to understand that BOTH statements can be true.

Most quarterbacks have AT LEAST 2.7 seconds to throw, with other people saying they have THREE SECONDS:

Quote:If you dig hard enough, you'll find stories that theorize that a quarterback generally has around three seconds to throw. Others say that alarm bells should be ringing around 2.7 seconds.

But you're saying that holding on to the ball for 2.5 seconds is hanging on to it for too long!

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious 

Please keep this up Fred!

(03-21-2022, 03:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Now I am really confused.  I just said we do not have an "elite" O-line.  So you are agreeing with me, correct?

So why are you laughing at my post when you agree with it?

Are you laughing at yourself?

You were saying it was wrong to be excited about the line because it was far from elite, but we don't need an elite line, like you implied, and the fact that we were one play away from winning the Super Bowl proves it and, like always, you were just looking for something negative to contradict someone on because it's what you do!

(03-21-2022, 07:23 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: Every QB in the league faces pressure. His sacks will definitely cut down dramatically,  but he’s still going to be sacked, rushed, and harassed. Just at a lesser extent.

Don't tell Fred that.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 05:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks Wyche, I didn't remember the numbers. This backs up what I do remember.

Also there are a lot of LSU fans I remember talking to at the time that had the same opinion and thought they shouldn't of 
gotten the Joe Moore award and that either Bama or Clemson were much more deserving. I truly believe this OL should be the
best Joe Burrow has ever had in front of him and is definitely the best run blocking OL that Mixon has had in front of him as a
NFL player.

Should be such a blast to watch this next season. Expecting us to make it back to the big game with these moves and our 
Defense getting better with Logan Wilson and the rest of our youth leading that side of the ball. The moves we made to the 
OL have now made it possible to really work on getting this Defense elite.

Love being able to stop the run and run the ball.  Smirk
I think Mixon could have insane numbers this year. I’ve always hoped to get a chance to see him show how good he can look and produce in a Bengals uniform.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 10:17 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: I think Mixon could have insane numbers this year.  I’ve always hoped to get a chance to see him show how good he can look and produce in a Bengals uniform.

Barring injuries this is his chance. I too have always hoped to see this. Sucks when you get a back as talented as Mixon and 
never put a good run blocking OL in front of him. Now we will see.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 07:23 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: Every QB in the league faces pressure. His sacks will definitely cut down dramatically,  but he’s still going to be sacked, rushed, and harassed. Just at a lesser extent.

Very true, just doesn't have to be constant pressure now and Burrow is damn good at handling pressure so when it does 
come he can make a play still and not be frustrated with it coming every damn play or at least most of the time.

(03-21-2022, 07:27 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: His body will thank him and his woman. Frequently.

Yes. Be strong for woman.  Mellow

(03-21-2022, 07:35 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Pro Bowl or All Pro? Pro Bowl means squat but if healthy full season I can see Collins being voted.

Look at that guy blocking studs like Myles Garrett and Nick Bosa and tell me he isn't All Pro caliber. La'el is a BEAST!
Reply/Quote
im very surprised Collins wasnt voted to at least 1 pro bowl. Elite RT who played for Dallas
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 10:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Barring injuries this is his chance. I too have always hoped to see this. Sucks when you get a back as talented as Mixon and 
never put a good run blocking OL in front of him. Now we will see.

Thought he was the next Adrian Peterson when we drafted him, yet he has never had real blocking to help show off his real ability. 

You're correct and this is the year we find out.

Let's Go Joe's !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 08:20 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Yes, you definitely did. 

No I did not.

Why do you think anyone believes you when you just make stuff up like this?
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 08:20 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: But you're saying that holding on to the ball for 2.5 seconds is hanging on to it for too long!

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious 

Please keep this up Fred!

Sacks rates are lower now than they were a decade ago because QBs are getting rid of the ball quicker.

In 2021 NextGen stats based "pass rush win rate" on 2.5 seconds.

You need to try harder to keep up.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 10:57 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: im very surprised Collins wasnt voted to at least 1 pro bowl. Elite RT who played for Dallas

Same here. Just shows you that the Probowl don't mean nothin'.

All Pro is a better honor now a days and has been for years. Surprised Collins hasn't made All Pro the most.

Think he will for us. We will see. I like him next to Cappa and Cappa next to Karras.

(03-21-2022, 11:05 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Thought he was the next Adrian Peterson when we drafted him, yet he has never had real blocking to help show off his real ability. 

You're correct and this is the year we find out.

Let's Go Joe's !

Thought he was the next AP but with hands, so even better and can run routes. Turns out he isn't near of the physical runner
that AP was but he is a better all around Back like I thought he would be. Just need to see Mixon getting holes regularly and 
we could end up seeing records broken. When Mixon is healthy and running hard he can be a great RB behind a great OL.

There is only one Barry Sanders that can play great behind a shitty OL. Mixon has done well in this aspect. We will see how 
great he can be behind something he has never seen in the NFL. A good run blocking OL.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 02:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am thrilled with the new crew, 

(03-21-2022, 08:20 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You were saying it was wrong to be excited about the line

Sometimes I just feel embarrassed for you, Brad.

You honestly don't think people notice when you play make believe like this?
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 06:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That list is not accurate.  Russel Wilson made the playoffs in 2019 when he led the league in sacks.  The year before that he made the playoffs with the same number of sacks Burrow had last year (51).

in the 8 year span from 2013 through 2020 Russ averaged 45.1 regular season sacks and another 5.2 in postseason games.  Despite that he never missed a single game; averaged 11 regular season wins; posted a 100+ passer rating; and won 8 postseason games (including a Super Bowl).  He was sacked 5 times in his first playoff victory and a total of 9 times in his two Conference Championship victories.

As long as we have Chase and Burrow I can live with a few extra sacks.  The extra big plays they make will be well worth it.
That's saying our line is going to suck!

Why would you have to live with a few extra sacks if the line wasn't going to suck?

(03-21-2022, 11:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No I did not.

Why do you think anyone believes you when you just make stuff up like this?
You said "let's not get carried away"!

(03-21-2022, 02:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Let's not get carried away.  The O-line has improved, but it is far from elite.  We don't have a single Pro Bowl player.

I am thrilled with the new crew, but they aren't an "elite" unit.  Burrow will still have to deal with pressure.
That's telling people not to get excited!

You throw out lie after lie and then post more lies in saying that you didn't say them! There's so many examples and there's another one!

(03-21-2022, 11:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Sacks rates are lower now than they were a decade ago because QBs are getting rid of the ball quicker.

In 2021 NextGen stats based "pass rush win rate" on 2.5 seconds.

You need to try harder to keep up. 

You really are trying way too hard and you're going down in flames.

If a defender beats an offensive linemen in 2.5 seconds, it's considered a win, that's not the average time that a quarterback has to throw unless you think every quarterback gets pressured on every pass attempt.

You need to try harder because you post clearly false information.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 11:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Sometimes I just feel embarrassed for you, Brad.

You honestly don't think people notice when you play make believe like this?

This takes the cake from the guy that has posted lie after lie about me!

You don't think people know when you lie?
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 02:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Let's not get carried away.  The O-line has improved, but it is far from elite.  We don't have a single Pro Bowl player.

I am thrilled with the new crew, but they aren't an "elite" unit.  Burrow will still have to deal with pressure.

Are they elite as a unit, that remains to be seen, but they are a DRASTIC upgrade from 2021. 

Guys like Mac Jones and Mitch Trubisky have pro bowl appearances and Joe Burrow does not. Case closed.  Judging anything by Pro Bowls is dumb af. 
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 10:32 AM)GAWhoDey Wrote:  Are they elite as a unit, that remains to be seen, but they are a DRASTIC upgrade from 2021. 

Guys like Mac Jones and Mitch Trubisky have pro bowl appearances and Joe Burrow does not. Case closed.  Judging anything by Pro Bowls is dumb af. 

I agree with you.    How these folks perform in our offense with our skill players and coaches remains to be seen.   They may be elite as a unit working together - just have to wait and see how things play out.   But they are definitely a big upgrade from last years unit.  

I'm actually excited to see the run game get going and then see how Burrow does w/ play action.    Honestly, we haven't had a potent enough running game to keep the defenses honest let along have a consistent play action game.    I'm trying to temper my expectations a bit, but am very excited/optimistic for what this team could do over the next couple of years - particularly if the defense can keep playing at the level they have been.  
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 01:25 PM)jwalker3853 Wrote: I agree with you.    How these folks perform in our offense with our skill players and coaches remains to be seen.   They may be elite as a unit working together - just have to wait and see how things play out.   But they are definitely a big upgrade from last years unit.  

I'm actually excited to see the run game get going and then see how Burrow does w/ play action.    Honestly, we haven't had a potent enough running game to keep the defenses honest let along have a consistent play action game.    I'm trying to temper my expectations a bit, but am very excited/optimistic for what this team could do over the next couple of years - particularly if the defense can keep playing at the level they have been.  

These three additions are consummate pros. I think the only thing that could derail our o-line this year is injury.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 01:27 PM)Sled21 Wrote: These three additions are consummate pros. I think the only thing that could derail our o-line this year is injury.

Agreed.   Depth and injuries are my biggest concern going into this season.    We just don't have a ton of depth behind these guys.   I'd love to see us do more to address that both in the draft and FA but - as we've experienced - good / capable OLineman are hard to come by and teams that have them, generally don't let them get away without reason (cap, locker room chemistry, attitude, etc.)
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 01:25 PM)jwalker3853 Wrote: I agree with you.    How these folks perform in our offense with our skill players and coaches remains to be seen.   They may be elite as a unit working together - just have to wait and see how things play out.   But they are definitely a big upgrade from last years unit.  

I think this year we need to see Burrow lined up under Center much more. This will help the Play Action to be effective 
along with a good running game of course. It just isn't the same when Burrow and the RB are both lined up in the Shotgun.

I expect the Defense to just get better. They have a great foundation of players and we are getting Ossai, ADG, Hubert back
this year and this Draft is a great one to continue to add pieces to that side of the ball. This FA made all this possible.

(03-22-2022, 01:27 PM)Sled21 Wrote: These three additions are consummate pros. I think the only thing that could derail our o-line this year is injury.

Same.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 01:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think this year we need to see Burrow lined up under Center much more. This will help the Play Action to be effective 
along with a good running game of course. It just isn't the same when Burrow and the RB are both lined up in the Shotgun.

I expect the Defense to just get better. They have a great foundation of players and we are getting Ossai, ADG, Hubert back
this year and this Draft is a great one to continue to add pieces to that side of the ball. This FA made all this possible.

Same.

Could be.   I've watched Burrow since he was in high school as my son played against him (we got stomped each year) and I'm trying to remember how many times I've seen him actually be under center.   Not that high school is a good barometer for now, but I don't remember him doing it too much even then.  Certainly more often then he has the last couple of year for sure tho.  

Didn't LSU also run a lot of shotgun?    
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 10:32 AM)GAWhoDey Wrote:  Are they elite as a unit, that remains to be seen, but they are a DRASTIC upgrade from 2021. 

Exactly. 

I'm wondering how many Pro Bowl players are needed to make a line elite? 

Does one Pro Bowler make up for one bad lineman? Or two?
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 01:38 PM)jwalker3853 Wrote: Could be.   I've watched Burrow since he was in high school as my son played against him (we got stomped each year) and I'm trying to remember how many times I've seen him actually be under center.   Not that high school is a good barometer for now, but I don't remember him doing it too much even then.  Certainly more often then he has the last couple of year for sure tho.  

Didn't LSU also run a lot of shotgun?    

Thats cool about your son playing against Burrow. Sucks he got stomped but happens when playing against Burrow lol

Yes, LSU ran the Shotgun all the time same as us. We are pretty much the same Offense we just had a worse OL the first few years.

Happy that has changed for the better. I have seen Burrow line up under Center but he just isn't as natural there. I hope he really 
works on this part of his game with Karras this Offseason.
Reply/Quote