Poll: Will Ken Zampese Improve This Years Offense?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Ken Zampese Push This Offense Forward?
Zampese has very little to do with it.

There won't be a major difference in production from the offense as a whole, but it won't be much better if at all.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 07:11 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: On the TD screen pass with Gio in the preseason, I thought what a beautiful play! Gio in the postgame interview said that Dalton got them into a good play on that down.

My hopes is that Zampese is concocting these great plays for Andy to use at his disposal, but the play calling itself is primarily on Andy's shoulders. If this is the case, I think this offense will be better than ever.

That's how it was last year. Hue said that Dalton had the whole playbook open to him on audibles, and Dalton audibled about every other play last year. I think it will be the same this year. Zamp will have different plays, but Dalton will have the last say in which play we run.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Moving forward. Meh.... I want him to utilize our players strengths . Quick passes, bombs to AJ, TEs/Core in redzone, slants to Boyd, Hill uphill, Gio dump offs, etc. No more being cutey. Attack with our strengths.

Reply/Quote
I think my greatest hope for Zamp's offense will be a more efficient running game. This is a big year for Hill. I hope they don't just force feed him inside runs and never give him targets in the passing game. Both (all 3) of the RBs must be involved in a similar fashion to prevent them from becoming predictable.

I think once Eifert and Kroft are back 100%, we will see more and more two TE sets and that should help the rushing game as well as giving Dalton some good targets. I am also counting on a big season from our offensive line, with a big improvement from our RT, Ogbuehi.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2016, 08:31 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think once Eifert and Kroft are back 100%, we will see more and more two TE sets and that should help the rushing game as well as giving Dalton some good targets. 

Agree 100%.

Many people do not realize what a great athlete Kroft is.  As thin as we are at WR I could see Kroft playing a lot in 2 TE sets.
Reply/Quote
I think we're going to see a lot more of the screen game with Zampese. Such a good play that the Bengals never really utilized very much to slow down the pass rush.

I liked Hue but I think he got caught up in Hue sometimes and lost focus of the task at hand.
Reply/Quote
I predict a return of the shovel pass as a main weapon in our offensive arsenal.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2016, 09:46 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I predict a return of the shovel pass as a main weapon in our offensive arsenal.

That's an automatic 10 day suspension for even bringing it up. Bye Fred.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 07:11 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: On the TD screen pass with Gio in the preseason, I thought what a beautiful play! Gio in the postgame interview said that Dalton got them into a good play on that down.

My hopes is that Zampese is concocting these great plays for Andy to use at his disposal, but the play calling itself is primarily on Andy's shoulders. If this is the case, I think this offense will be better than ever.

I agree with this. A
Reply/Quote

I agree with this. ThumbsUp   Although I voted no because I think the expectations for Zampese to succeed are too high and unless he excels he will be considered as not moving the offense forward (whatever that means?). IMO Hue wasn't all that great--trick formations galore.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2016, 09:43 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: I think we're going to see a lot more of the screen game with Zampese.  Such a good play that the Bengals never really utilized very much to slow down the pass rush.

I liked Hue but I think he got caught up in Hue sometimes and lost focus of the task at hand.

The timing of this was hilarious.  I was working in NKY today and as I came back over the bridge (rolling my window down to yell WHO DEY!) the Bengals ran a TE screen....which, if you haven't read before 100 times, is my favorite play.  It gets 10 yards every time and a poor little DB gets pancaked by a TE.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2016, 09:52 AM)treee Wrote: That's an automatic 10 day suspension for even bringing it up. Bye Fred.

Hilarious LMAO :heart: LMAO Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2016, 09:46 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I predict a return of the shovel pass as a main weapon in our offensive arsenal.

No, not the dreaded "shuffle" pass! Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I think he will after watching the first team O in preseason. He will take all the good things he learned from Jay and Hue, while hopefully leaving out the bad from both of them. I think this will be a more streamlined attack without as much of that gimmicky crap Hue tried to do, as he did too much imo. I wasnt sold on Zamp early on, but as of now I think we can see the best offense yet in the AD era.

Now bartender pass me another.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote

It will get you 5 yards on 3rd and 20 every time.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 05:12 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I would actually like to see a team that does not let up, that keeps the pedal down for the entire 60 minutes.  I feel like the Marvin led teams get a lead and then go conservative, trying to run out the clock.  Too many times the other team comes back, leaving the Bengals to have to "pick it back up".

AMEN TO THAT !! I kick and scream every time we have the lead thinking the same !! 
Reply/Quote
Hue's playcalling was so damn cute I was convinced the man was really a newborn kitten in disguise.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2016, 05:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: No, not the dreaded "shuffle" pass! Ninja
Hilarious

Who was it that used to always call it that?
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2016, 07:11 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Hilarious

My ol' man did, but I'm pretty sure that's not the answer you're after!  There was the shuffle pass, the scream pass, and the ol' endaround.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2016, 07:11 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Hilarious

Bratkowski
Reply/Quote