Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Mike honor all 3 years of Zac contract?
Say we are 1 and 31 or 0-32 will Mike still bring Zac back for year 3. Zac is not a head coach he is over matched we will continue to lose until he is replaced.we may not even beat Dolphins. Will Mike be the same Mike that refuses to fire a head coach with time remaining on contract
Reply/Quote
In my opinion it takes at least 3 years to judge a coach. Have to give them time to build and develop a team they way they vision. Now if they aren't Winning by that 3rd year then it's time to move on.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 02:26 PM)Synric Wrote: In my opinion it takes at least 3 years to judge a coach. Have to give them time to build and develop a team they way they vision. Now if they aren't Winning by that 3rd year then it's time to move on.

The development part worries me as guys are regressing.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 02:24 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Say we are 1 and 31 or 0-32 will Mike still bring Zac back for year 3. Zac is not a head coach he is over matched we will continue to lose until he is replaced.we may not even beat Dolphins.  Will Mike be the same Mike that refuses to fire a head coach with time remaining on contract

Honestly, 0-32 would be special. 2 teams have went 0-16. But, they struggled to repeat doing it.

We're like 1-14 our past 15.
Reply/Quote
I'll say he'll still be here next season. How far he'll go after that ???
Reply/Quote
This is a tough one. Mike may get rid of him because of attendance records thinking he's showing a desire to improve with the fans. However, I don't think we are that gullible. I want to see ZT succeed here. Mike is just in the way.

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 02:24 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Say we are 1 and 31 or 0-32 will Mike still bring Zac back for year 3. Zac is not a head coach he is over matched we will continue to lose until he is replaced.we may not even beat Dolphins.  Will Mike be the same Mike that refuses to fire a head coach with time remaining on contract

You know all of that from 7 games, 4 of which were lost by one score, and being played without some of our best players?
Reply/Quote
He will make it at least two years. You aren't cutting bait after one year when a large portion of the roster was predetermined for you when you got here. We may change a couple guys on staff, but Taylor isn't getting fired this year even at 0-16. How many years did Brown blame injuries for what otherwise would have been a good year? Now you don't think he will give Taylor a pass with the issues we have dealt with on the O line? Maybe he forces him to give up play calling but he isn't running him out of here. Teams that fire coaches after a year become lepers in terms of jobs to potential coaches.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 03:28 PM)Au165 Wrote: He will make it at least two years. You aren't cutting bait after one year when a large portion of the roster was predetermined for you when you got here. We may change a couple guys on staff, but Taylor isn't getting fired this year even at 0-16. How many years did Brown blame injuries for what otherwise would have been a good year? Now you don't think he will give Taylor a pass with the issues we have dealt with on the O line? Maybe he forces him to give up play calling but he isn't running him out of here. Teams that fire coaches after a year become lepers in terms of jobs to potential coaches.

You're absolutely right, but you'd think the reverse would be true too. Marvin was here for a generation, and Mike Brown honors player contracts. Yet FAs aren't banging down the door to get here, and they clearly had problems filling out the coaching staff.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I think we have to give Zac some time. At least thru next year. These are not his players. These are more Tobin's. Reality is, Zac will have to coach thru a rebuild.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 03:35 PM)jason Wrote: You're absolutely right, but you'd think the reverse would be true too. Marvin was here for a generation, and Mike Brown honors player contracts. Yet FAs aren't banging down the door to get here, and they clearly had problems filling out the coaching staff.

I was more referencing teams that fire head coaches, but it does go the same for coordinators. I think what you have going for you though is that coordinators and position coaches can be blocked by their current teams but not on expiring contracts so the pool of potential coaching hires changes year to year. We will see where it goes, but I'd guess a couple minor changes occur in the staff at the end of the year.
Reply/Quote
I could see him eating one year of the contract but not two. He would only eat the one year if he feels like it would bump attendance, then it would be the beginning of a Newer Dey.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 03:16 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You know all of that from 7 games, 4 of which were lost by one score, and being played without some of our best players?

every team has injuries Falcons won a game this season with a 2nd string guard. and their 4th and 5th tackle. Steelers won a game with their 4th string QB
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 03:16 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You know all of that from 7 games, 4 of which were lost by one score, and being played without some of our best players?

You are what your record says you are. Doesn’t matter how many excuses you want to throw out there about injuries or close losses. The 0-16 Browns lost a bunch of close games that season. They were still awful.

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 03:45 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I could see him eating one year of the contract but not two. He would only eat the one year if he feels like it would bump attendance, then it would be the beginning of a Newer Dey.

Next Dey!

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 04:03 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: every team has injuries Falcons won a game this season with a 2nd string guard. and their 4th and 5th tackle. Steelers won a game with their 4th string QB

Exactly. Colts are winning despite their starting QB deciding to retire right before the season. Saints are in 1st place despite Brees being out.

Good teams don’t use injuries as an excuse. It’s just next man up, and they overcome.

Reply/Quote
I think Taylor will out last Mike Brown. In 3 years, Mike Brown will be close to 88 years of age. I think Taylor is Katie et. al pick not Mike's pick.

Taylor will get his QB next year or in 2021. He will probably have to fire some people on his staff as in Turner.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 04:19 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think Taylor will out last Mike Brown.  In 3 years, Mike Brown will be close to 88 years of age.  I think Taylor is Katie et. al pick not Mike's pick.  

Taylor will get his QB next year or in 2021.  He will probably have to fire some people on his staff as in Turner.

But will he a get an NFL playbook to go along with that QB?  

Ninja
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 04:23 PM)Millhouse Wrote: But will he a get an NFL playbook to go along with that QB?  

Ninja

I think Taylor will improve in play calling but may need to give it over to Brian.  It is not working.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 04:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Next Dey!

Yep, that sounds better! Next Dey Hangover!
Reply/Quote