Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Pence replace Trump?
I don't think there is a workable solution to defeat Clinton now.
If Stein and McCullin dropped out and endorsed Johnson, maybe.
It's too late in the game to pimp a new RNC candidate, or even Pence.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
(10-08-2016, 11:20 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I don't think there is a workable solution to defeat Clinton now.
If Stein and McCullin dropped out and endorsed Johnson, maybe.
It's too late in the game to pimp a new RNC candidate, or even Pence.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

It's a damn shame. There is no accountability from either party. We have to fix this before it gets too out of hand.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-09-2016, 12:55 AM)treee Wrote: It's a damn shame. There is no accountability from either party. We have to fix this before it gets too out of hand.

That ship has sailed. This election was the out of hand moment.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(10-08-2016, 10:55 PM)Dill Wrote: I agree with much of what you say here--except I would very much fear Trump if he won the presidency, precisely because he is so undisciplined, immature, ignorant of statecraft, and impulsive with a terrible petty-vindictive streak.  None of this would render him benign in the oval office.

Angry Trump supporters will be a problem whether he wins or not, and very much so if the RNC removed Trump. But I don't think they can do that. They can only pressure him to step down. 

If Trump won they would still be angry because he would be unable to do few of the things he promised; he would pick the worst advisors and everyday have to be schooled in how the executive branch operates and warned of the consequences of his foreign policy decisions. Waves of insecurity, instability and confusion would "trickle down" through all executive departments (including the Dept. of Defense) and the CIA rendering them eventually dysfunctional.  Trump supporters will claim they have been "sold out" again.

Yeah, I suppose I don't disagree with your assessment of the danger he poses.  I was just trying to illustrate the fact that I fear a more organized crypto-facst than Trump, and that I feel that such a candidate may come along sooner than we think.
(10-08-2016, 08:47 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I saw on Twitter an last night an article from The Atlantic, I think it was, asking NBC to release uncut footage from The Apprentice to the American people. I have to admit, that would be interesting.

There were calls for that many months ago.  Has to be some contractual reasons they haven't released any nuggets yet.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-09-2016, 02:47 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: There were calls for that many months ago.  Has to be some contractual reasons they haven't released any nuggets yet.  

I saw an article saying the producer of the Apprentice, or someone related to the show, has confirmed there is far worse in that footage. Much like Trumps own tweet said, people like that won't change.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR