Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Price Get Fired During This Season ?
Give your yes or no answers and reasons.......I don't think Reds will ax him before their Pete Rose Weekend in June......but from July 1st on, his getting fired is very much possible, as the Reds seem headed towards maybe 100 losses.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Year 1...76-86
Year 2...64-98

Year 3 so far...15-32

Total record...155-216 which is a .418 winning percentage.

A change is needed, however, it is not all his fault.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2016, 01:38 AM)kevin Wrote: Give your yes or no answers and reasons.......I don't think Reds will ax him before their Pete Rose Weekend in June......but from July 1st on, his getting fired is very much possible, as the Reds seem headed towards maybe 100 losses.

No.

Because no manager not named Joe Maddon/Bruce has that much of an impact on the team. Front office dictates trades, roster moves, bullpen, etc.  The manager works with what the front office gives them. They set together game plans, do things inside the club-house, lineups, etc...but they really don't get to CHOOSE the players they want. They get to have a say, but the owner and GM dictate that. 

And it was the front office that who did their "due diligence" to interview and hire there one internal replacement: Price himself. 

so my fear is, this is how they will replace - yet again - the skipper:

[Image: insularity.jpg]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
They had no problem axing Baker so no. They got their 'yes man' and can always blame Price for their own failures.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote