Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friday: Trump ‘couldn’t care less about golf.’ Sunday: Trump’s likely 18th round
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2017/05/01/friday-trump-couldnt-care-less-about-golf-sunday-trumps-likely-18th-round/?utm_term=.4c03eb5f64ab

Quote:It takes Donald Trump a bit under four hours to play a round of golf. We know this because on all of the various occasions that Trump disappears into one of his golf clubs while the White House press corps waits outside, he usually disappears for about four hours — and that includes those occasions when we’ve learned that Trump actually did play a round. The White House is cagey about this, recognizing, perhaps, that Trump’s penchant for the sport is somewhat at odds with his repeated insistence on the campaign trail that Barack Obama was spending too much time on the links.

How sensitive is Donald Trump about the perception that he plays golf all the time? He raised it with Fox News’s Martha MacCallum during an interview that aired Friday night.

“I have a lot of property. So if I go to one of my clubs, like in New Jersey, they’ll say, ‘he’s going to play golf.’ I’m not going to play golf. I couldn’t care less about golf, but I have a place there,” Trump told MacCallum. A bit later, he added: “The problem is every time I go to a club, they say, ‘He’s out there having fun.’ I’m not having fun. When I go to a club, I’m working.”

That segment aired Friday night at 7 p.m. Eastern. Less than two days later, Trump had completed what was, by our count, his 18th golf outing since he’s been president — a rate of one game every 5.7 days of his presidency, easily outpacing the rate of once every 8.8 days for which Trump repeatedly blasted Obama.

[Image: Golfs.jpg&w=1484]

What’s more, there are only two occasions on which we know that Trump brought work out onto the green with him. When the prime minister of Japan visited in early February, he and Trump played a round, accompanied by golf pro Ernie Els. In early April, Trump was joined by Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) at his club in Virginia. Beyond that, the composition of his foursomes has been largely kept under wraps. We do know that he played with Irish pro Rory McIlroy in February; after coming under fire for the outing, McIlroy told the press explicitly that he and Trump hadn’t talked politics, only golf.
[url=https://adclick.g.doubleclick.net/pcs/click%253Fxai%253DAKAOjsuns_5a77JCG7XqXTHzvbGxvwyaXdpFU7Z8fR0DKt_kRf9KFnfGsRaxpjrDSzPzebtmFpyy0yDm5UIhKKZyG-DBYuPWMPYMmiiZI-j8vtiDbVaIy1xWHzllDSvKMssCKmUkrwRFVTu-xI6ns4NCjhnHiwjCUSw5lTGV5JhuO4MCsPqK-25SjB5s2K9jyLWTndkkN-Diy_VteKcvdtN2pW7heZeuPRGA_CPHl4UhgX4euBL2JRiGKvxMSWjmET6MFG0GzQ%2526sig%253DCg0ArKJSzKJwCnIKsJSWEAE%2526urlfix%253D1%2526adurl%253Dhttp://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/brand-connect/nar/the-disruptors/][/url]
Again, we can’t say positively that Trump played golf on each of the other 15 occasions. On some, images later emerged on social media of Trump puttering around in a golf cart, suggesting that our hunch about how he may have been spending multiple hours at golf clubs he owns was correct. If every other occasion on which Trump’s vanished into one of his private golf clubs was, as he asserts, simply a change of venue for his constant work on behalf of the American public, it’s often unclear with whom he may be meeting; the White House never reveals any such information.

The simplest and probably correct explanation is that Trump actually does care about golf, and that he is having fun when he goes to his golf clubs. At four hours a pop, Trump has spent the equival
ent of three full days playing golf since he became president per our estimate. If he’s not having fun, he should probably stop doing it.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Having played a few rounds at 2 trump courses. 4 hours is a lazy underestimation. These fat old pieces of shiat can't hit a fairway to save their life. Pathetic.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
But being President is really a lot harder than he thought it would be.  Therefore playing golf is his way of dealing with all the hardness that comes with being the POTUS.  Just believe him.  Give him a chance.  Being POTUS really is hard.  He needs all these breaks from the real world.  Did you know that being POTUS is hard?  And people tell him No, he doesn't like that.  Its so hard. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

I don't care about the golfing, but He should expect the criticism given His criticism of Obama golfing. Wasting tax dollars on trips to Mar-a-lago is more of an issue than the golfing.
(05-08-2017, 06:30 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I don't care about the golfing, but He should expect the criticism given His criticism of Obama golfing. Wasting tax dollars on trips to Mar-a-lago is more of an issue than the golfing.

correct.  its the profiteering from his golfing.  how this isn't a blatant ethics violation i do not know.
I don't recall anyone complaining when Obama spent so much time playing streetball with his homies and recording gangsta rap albums.
(05-08-2017, 06:30 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I don't care about the golfing, but He should expect the criticism given His criticism of Obama golfing. Wasting tax dollars on trips to Mar-a-lago is more of an issue than the golfing.

Especially when he tweets:

It's not saving money when they are now paying for security at ANOTHER location.  Just going to New York (where his family is, ya know?) would be cheaper.

Or, and this will be a shocking suggestion, STAY IN D.C FOR LONGER THAN 3-5 DAYS AT A TIME.

Just a suggestion.  Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-08-2017, 10:01 PM)GMDino Wrote: Especially when he tweets:

It's not saving money when they are now paying for security at ANOTHER location.  Just going to New York (where his family is, ya know?) would be cheaper.

Or, and this will be a shocking suggestion, STAY IN D.C FOR LONGER THAN 3-5 DAYS AT A TIME.

Just a suggestion.  Smirk

Only in America, the land of eternally insane optimism, can people seek fiscal conservatism from a man who lives in a golden penthouse in the sky.
(05-08-2017, 10:10 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Only in America, the land of eternally insane optimismcan people seek fiscal conservatism from a man who lives in a golden penthouse in the sky.

ThumbsUp