Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Smith shot to death
Excerpted from espn.com:

NEW ORLEANS -- Former Saints defensive end Will Smith was shot to death in New Orleans' Lower Garden District on Saturday night following a traffic collision, the coroner's office confirmed.  Smith, 34, was shot after exchanging words with the driver of a Hummer H2 that rear-ended his Mercedes G63 SUV, causing him to strike another vehicle, police said.

Smith was shot multiple times, and his wife, Racquel, also 34, was shot twice in the right leg, according to police. Smith was pronounced dead at the scene, while his wife was taken to a hospital.  Police said the 30-year-old driver of the Hummer was in custody and being interviewed, and that the handgun used in the shooting had been recovered.

The Saints also confirmed Smith's death, with a spokesman tweeting a statement:

Former Saints running back Pierre Thomas was on the scene shortly after the incident and reportedly had been out with Smith and his wife.

Smith was drafted by the Saints with the 18th overall pick in 2004 out of Ohio State. He spent all nine of his seasons with the Saints and last played in 2012. He was a Pro Bowler in 2006 and ranks fourth in Saints history with 67.5 career sacks. He had a career-high 13 during the Saints' 2009 Super Bowl season.

Some of Smith's former Saints teammates and fellow NFL players took to Twitter to express their grief:

Reply/Quote
Holy shit.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
So tragic...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So sad. Can't we all just get along?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Such a shame.

May God be with him.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Ridiculous.

That guy was a straight up stud at OSU.
Reply/Quote
Couldn't believe it when I heard about it this morning. No reason for this to happen.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Bizarre coincidence.

Smith was close friends with a police officer who shot and killed the father of the guy who killed Smith.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2016, 10:57 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Bizarre coincidence.

Smith was close friends with a police officer who shot and killed the father of the guy who killed Smith.

Not only was he friends with one of the officers sued, Smith was at dinner with him just before Smith was shot.  Police are looking into whether or not it is a coincidence.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/10/us/cardell-hayes-suspect-will-smith-shooting-police-lawsuit/index.html
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2016, 10:57 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Bizarre coincidence.

Is this grounds enough to put a pre meditated tag on it?
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Video shows Smith rear-ended the Hummer, the Hummer pulled over, and Smith fled.

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2016, 10:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Video shows Smith rear-ended the Hummer, the Hummer pulled over, and Smith fled.

But wasn't he shot outside of the car?

Link?
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2016, 11:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But wasn't he shot outside of the car?

Link?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/04/12/murdered-ex-nfl-player-will-smith-had-loaded-gun-in-suv-when-shot.html

Story is the guy that shot Smith first called 911 and reported being a victim of a hit and run. It appears Smith fled and dude chased him and returned the bump. 

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2016, 11:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/04/12/murdered-ex-nfl-player-will-smith-had-loaded-gun-in-suv-when-shot.html

Story is the guy that shot Smith first called 911 and reported being a victim of a hit and run. It appears Smith fled and dude chased him and returned the bump. 

I'm sorry but you don't shoot a guy 6 times in the chest and then shoot his wife over a fender bender. There's more to this story.

6 times isn't self defense or justified homicide, its just flat out cold blooded murder.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2016, 10:19 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I'm sorry but you don't shoot a guy 6 times in the chest and then shoot his wife over a fender bender. There's more to this story.

6 times isn't self defense or justified homicide, its just flat out cold blooded murder.

Nowhere have I said who is at fault, just sharing a aspect of the story that may not be overly publicized. Tyrainn Matheu has already backed down from his initial vent.

WTS, IF anyone ever tried to pull a gun on me in anger they might get shot more than once; especially if they go about 6'4" 280

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2016, 01:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nowhere have I said who is at fault, just sharing a aspect of the story that may not be overly publicized. Tyrainn Matheu has already backed down from his initial vent.

WTS, IF anyone ever tried to pull a gun on me in anger they might get shot more than once; especially if they go about 6'4" 280

Just commenting on what you shared... Nothing was aimed at you.. The silliness of the situation is people are trying to put the victim in a bad light. He hit the guy and ran, but theres no need to chase him down and then proceed to shoot him dead, and then try to murder his wife in front of their kids.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2016, 02:08 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Just commenting on what you shared... Nothing was aimed at you.. The silliness of the situation is people are trying to put the victim in a bad light. He hit the guy and ran, but theres no need to chase him down and then proceed to shoot him dead, and then try to murder his wife in front of their kids.

According to reports. Will Smiths gun never left where it was in his car. And the wife was shot first 2 times in the leg then will was shot 8 TIMES.... 1 in the chest and 7 in the back.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/13/will-smith-was-shot-once-in-the-chest-seven-times-in-the-back/
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2016, 05:56 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: According to reports.   Will Smiths gun never left where it was in his car.  And the wife was shot first 2 times in the leg then will was shot 8 TIMES....  1 in the chest and 7 in the back.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/13/will-smith-was-shot-once-in-the-chest-seven-times-in-the-back/

Well, who knows what we will later find out, but it sounds as though witnesses claim both men made it known they had guns.  I guess that could add a bit of a sticky wicket if someone who claims to have a gun starts walking to, presumably, get said gun.  I'm not saying the guy who unloaded a slew of bullets into 2 people is a helpless victim by any means, but there may be more info coming to light that the victim was also capable of, and/or intending to fire shots but he wasn't as prepared to do so as the guy who "won" the conflict.

We shall see.
Reply/Quote
"A well armed society is a civil society"

Nothing bad ever happens if everyone carries a gun, right?
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2016, 11:52 AM)fredtoast Wrote: "A well armed society is a civil society"

Nothing bad ever happens if everyone carries a gun, right?

Please save for PnR

Reply/Quote