Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Will Stacy Abrams get an appointment from Joe Biden?
I was surprised when Biden won Georgia, but to me it will be an even bigger shock if Dems sweep these two Senate run-off elections. I realize Ossoff's race is still too close to call, but from what I have been reading it looks like he has a good chance of winning.

I can recall times when the balance of the Senate hung on just a couple of races, but never two in the same state and never two decided by run-off elections. And it is all taking place in a state that just flipped parties this year.

Most people say the single #1 reason for the Dems success in Georgia is Stacy Abrams. She has devote the last two years after losing the Governors race to bring out support for Dems in Georgia and fighting against all forms of voter suppression. The demographic changes have helped, but Abrams has been the lightening rod for change.

If she delivers control of the Senate to the Dems it will be a game changer. He future political career will be bright. I am sure she will get a position in the Biden administration somewhere.
Reply/Quote
Actually, I don't think so. She is likely seen as more valuable on the ground. A prominent role in the DNC would be a more likely fit.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
She has to be the front runner for governor in 2 years. Kemp will get primaried hard.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 05:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I was surprised when Biden won Georgia, but to me it will be an even bigger shock if Dems sweep these two Senate run-off elections.  I realize Ossoff's race is still too close to call, but from what I have been reading it looks like he has a good chance of winning.

I can recall times when the balance of the Senate hung on just a couple of races, but never two in the same state and never two decided by run-off elections.   And it is all taking place in a state that just flipped parties this year.

Most people say the single #1 reason for the Dems success in Georgia is Stacy Abrams.  She has devote the last two years after losing the Governors race to bring out support for Dems in Georgia and fighting against all forms of voter suppression.  The demographic changes have helped, but Abrams has been the lightening rod for change.

If she delivers control of the Senate to the Dems it will be a game changer.  He future political career will be bright.  I am sure she will get a position in the Biden administration somewhere.

If she wants it he should.  She won the senate for him.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
They name battleships and carriers after politicians.

Maybe the will name a tank after her.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 05:53 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: She has to be the front runner for governor in 2 years. Kemp will get primaried hard.

Agreed.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 05:45 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Actually, I don't think so. She is likely seen as more valuable on the ground. A prominent role in the DNC would be a more likely fit.

I agree but...

(01-06-2021, 05:53 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: She has to be the front runner for governor in 2 years. Kemp will get primaried hard.

...this is viable too.

Unless she get the former and they find someone to run in GA too.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 06:09 PM)GMDino Wrote: I agree but...

...this is viable too.

She can totally become a Chair, Co-Chair, or Vice Chair in the DNC and run for office. Most of those officers are elected officials, anyway.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 06:07 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Agreed.

(01-06-2021, 06:09 PM)GMDino Wrote: I agree but...

...this is viable too.

Kemp can easily lose to a Trump aligned candidate, but the real worry would be if he won and the Trump candidate ran third party. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 05:45 PM)Belsnickel Wrote:  A prominent role in the DNC would be a more likely fit.

Very good point.
Reply/Quote