Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will The Weather Help Us?
It's supposed to rain here in Cincinnati on Saturday night with a 90% chance, but weather here is so unpredictable that it's hardly a certainty.

But we're supposed to get a half inch Saturday night with winds between 10 and 15 mph, which here's a small sample of 12 mph win, which would be around the median.

If the rain and wind takes away their away their deep passing game and even limits their medium-range passing game, I think it heavily swings things in our favor because they could be down to their 3rd string running back or a hobbled 2nd stringer.

If it comes to a running game battle, I like Hill and Gio over whatever the hell they'll run out onto the field.

I was excited to take advantage of their garbage secondary, which we can still do with short-to-medium passes, especially since we'll have Eifert back, but the weather and their injuries make me think we should keep it under control with the ground game.

This is not my normal "Hill's a God" thread, because I think we should run him a lot, but I wasn't even thinking about him when I was considering the weather and I think that we should also give it to Gio a fair amount.

Thoughts?
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 07:18 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It's supposed to rain here in Cincinnati on Saturday night with a 90% chance, but weather here is so unpredictable that it's hardly a certainty.

But we're supposed to get a half inch Saturday night with winds between 10 and 15 mph, which here's a small sample of 12 mph win, which would be around the median.

If the rain and wind takes away their away their deep passing game and even limits their medium-range passing game, I think it heavily swings things in our favor because they could be down to their 3rd string running back or a hobbled 2nd stringer.

If it comes to a running game battle, I like Hill and Gio over whatever the hell they'll run out onto the field.

I was excited to take advantage of their garbage secondary, which we can still do with short-to-medium passes, especially since we'll have Eifert back, but the weather and their injuries make me think we should keep it under control with the ground game.

This is not my normal "Hill's a God" thread, because I think we should run him a lot, but I wasn't even thinking about him when I was considering the weather and I think that we should also give it to Gio a fair amount.

Thoughts?

I hope it's a monsoon like it was against the Patriots in 2013. That would actually help us a lot considering a good amount of our offense will be through the running game, and their backs are injured / no names.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Do they have weather in pittsburgh ?
Rain and wind limits their medium passing game, but not ours, very interesting.
Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 07:31 PM)Sabretooth Wrote: Do they have weather in pittsburgh ?
Who Dey

We don't have much of a passing game with McCarron, and the Steelers don't have much of a running game with their injuries.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 07:26 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I hope it's a monsoon like it was against the Patriots in 2013. That would actually help us a lot considering a good amount of our offense will be through the running game, and their backs are injured / no names.

Dude that didn't happen until the final Pats drive of the game.

The way Nugent kicks I sure as hell don't want wind and rain going on.

As to the OP.  No, the weather won't "help" our team win or cause them to lose.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 08:19 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Dude that didn't happen until the final Pats drive of the game.

The way Nugent kicks I sure as hell don't want wind and rain going on.

As to the OP.  No, the weather won't "help" our team win or cause them to lose.

If the weather is bad then it will be much harder to throw. With the offense we have with McCarron it won't affect us as much as it would the Steelers with their pass heavy offense (especially when they don't have a reliable RB).

bad weather would benefit us much more than the Steelers. But weather won't decide the game.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 08:01 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: We don't have much of a passing game with McCarron, and the Steelers don't have much of a running game with their injuries.

Williams may be playing on a gimpy ankle and if we can get decent pressure, it will make passing in bad weather a hell if a lot worse.

Problem is we haven't stopped the passing game in the middle of the field - that's where I expect us to be attacked, particularly if the
deep ball is taken away by mother nature.
Reply/Quote
They will use Heath Miller on us regardless.

It's just what they do.

We may have a leg up with the run game but slippery footballs can be bad for both RBs and WRs... on both teams.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 08:25 PM)Rattler Wrote: Williams may be playing on a gimpy ankle and if we can get decent pressure, it will make passing in bad weather a hell if a lot worse.

Problem is we haven't stopped the passing game in the middle of the field - that's where I expect us to be attacked, particularly if the

Bad weather would still benefit us more than them. That's at least what I took out of the OP.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 07:31 PM)Sabretooth Wrote: Do they have weather in pittsburgh ?
Who Dey
Of course they do, but have they had conditions this bad up there recently to be able to make a fair evaluation?
(01-05-2016, 08:25 PM)Rattler Wrote: Williams may be playing on a gimpy ankle and if we can get decent pressure, it will make passing in bad weather a hell if a lot worse.

But we'll be able to focus on the middle of the field more if we don't have to worry as much about deep balls to the outside.

I'm thinking that we should be able to get somewhat of an advantage and hopefully the weather will make Ben hold onto the ball for a second or two longer and our pass rush can eat him for a late-night snack.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 08:33 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Of course they do, but have they had conditions this bad up there recently to be able to make a fair evaluation?

But we'll be able to focus on the middle of the field more if we don't have to worry as much about deep balls to the outside.

I'm thinking that we should be able to get somewhat of an advantage and hopefully the weather will make Ben hold onto the ball for a second or two longer and our pass rush can eat him for a late-night snack.

I personally HATE bad weather games as it limits your skilled players a lot.It just sucks,but it is what it is and by the way the stinkin stoolers will have a big arse running back that will be hard to bring down.They always have a huge rb that is always hard to bring down.that is just who they are.This is going to be a big time war and the weather is always a factor,especially wind and rain.I hope the fans show up and scream and yell the whole game and we for sure need JEMERY HILL AND GIO to play like a big-time GOLD PLAYER,MAKE IT HAPPEN.Turnovers is going to be key and the stoolers will be going after the rock all game.I so want this game to go in our favor.

REMEMBER,,ITS OUR TURN ,ITS OUR TIME AND ITS OUR TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!WHO-DEY ALL DAY.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 07:18 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It's supposed to rain here in Cincinnati on Saturday night with a 90% chance, but weather here is so unpredictable that it's hardly a certainty.

Our defense does a good job of that on their own. Roethlisberger has averaged a paltry 6.48 YPA against the Bengals this year. High completion %, but it's almost all short stuff. People worry so much about the Steelers offense, but our D did a great job against them in both games. In game 1, we held them to 10 points and picked off Ben 3 times.

In the 2nd game, people look at how they scored 33 points, but that's pretty deceptive. The Steelers scored 2 TDs directly off of McCarron INTs. One pick 6 and the other set the Steelers up at our 14 yard line. Take away those 2 scores and our D only gave up 19 points while holding Ben to all short throws, no TDs plus a pick. DeAngelo Williams punched in 2 TDs, so hopefully he doesn't play.

If our D plays the way it's capable of, I think McCarron can do just enough to win. I'd hit them with Hill (running behind Fisher) early and often though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Rotoworld has this to say about DeAngelo Williams:

Quote:Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said DeAngelo Williams (foot) is "day to day."
He also clarified Williams is dealing with a foot injury. Tomlin said Williams is still being evaluated and getting treatment, and his status for Saturday is still up in the air. The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette said Williams has an "outside chance" to play in the Wild Card round, but Tomlin said the team is game planning as if Fitzgerald Toussaint and Jordan Todman will be the lead backs. Williams is questionable at best.

Looks like the Steelers will be down to 3rd string RB Fitzgerald Toussaint (who?) and his 2.3 ypc average.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
The notion that "the weather" gives one team a decided advantage and really hurts the other team is a fantasy.
Reply/Quote
Hell "the mustard" AJM is putting on the ball will be more of a factor than the sky above.   Smirk
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 09:15 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The notion that "the weather" gives one team a decided advantage and really hurts the other team is a fantasy.

Sell that one to Dan Fouts   LOL

[Image: ap8201100180.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 09:49 PM)Rattler Wrote: Sell that one to Dan Fouts   LOL

I haven't looked to see if anyone posted...  but I heard he was working the Bengals/Steelers game.  Yuck.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 09:59 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I haven't looked to see if anyone posted...  but I heard he was working the Bengals/Steelers game.  Yuck.

Fouts will undoubtedly bring up the fact he still can't feel some of his toes and Kenny Anderson has his AFC championship ring.

I was there and it was brutal - best memories are the Bengals line coming out in short sleeve shirts while the chargers were all
dressed like Randy from Christmas Story and the BenGal who got too close to the torpedo heater and literally set her ass ablaze.

Running down the sideline with a smoker.   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 09:49 PM)Rattler Wrote: Sell that one to Dan Fouts   LOL

Exception noted

90% of the time it's blown way out of proportion ! It's raining on both teams is my point. Their passing game is just as wet as ours is. The Steelers play in the same weather we do.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 07:18 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: This is not my normal "Hill's a God" thread, because I think we should run him a lot, but I wasn't even thinking about him when I was considering the weather and I think that we should also give it to Gio a fair amount.

Thoughts?

Sounds suspiciously like "Hill's a God" v17... but pretending for a moment that it's not ( Ninja ) I think a slippery ball is especially the time I don't want Hill anywhere near a football. Dude fumbles enough even when it's dry.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote