Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will The Weather Help Us?
Only thing that concerns me is that Ben has played a ton of games over the years in weather like this at this level, where McCarron hasn't. If anything I can see that being a possible advantage for the Steelers.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 11:03 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Sounds suspiciously like "Hill's a God" v17... but pretending for a moment that it's not ( Ninja ) I think a slippery ball is especially the time I don't want Hill anywhere near a football. Dude fumbles enough even when it's dry.

Jeremy Hill had a rough year, but the fumbling thing is overblown. He had 3 this year. 18 RBs had as many or more.

Green-Ellis (Mr. Never Fumbles) had 3 for us in 2012. AJ Green had 3 fumbles in 2014 on only 71 touches. Gresh had 3 fumbles in 2 different seasons.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 08:25 PM)Rattler Wrote: Williams may be playing on a gimpy ankle...

The Ravens taught us how to tackle him a couple weeks ago also.
No penalty for grabbing a handful of that hair and bringing him down.  I'd think that a huge liability for a healthy running back.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 11:15 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Jeremy Hill had a rough year, but the fumbling thing is overblown. He had 3 this year. 18 RBs had as many or more.

Green-Ellis (Mr. Never Fumbles) had 3 for us in 2012. AJ Green had 3 fumbles in 2014 on only 71 touches. Gresh had 3 fumbles in 2 different seasons.

I counted 19, but here's the deal. The only people on that list Hill has a better YPC than?

Melvin Gordon
Matt Jones
Tre Mason

That's it. Out of the list of 20 RBs with at least 3 fumbles, Hill has the 4th worst YPC. You could even expand it to not just a higher YPC than Hill, but "anyone with 3+ fumbles and YPC under 4.0" and you'd only add one more name to that list, with 32-year-old Frank Gore at 3.7 YPC.

Some fumbling can be forgiven if you're producing, which is why while it was an issue last year, it wasn't a crippling issue. But if you're both fumbling AND not producing? That's a killer combo.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 11:31 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: The Ravens taught us how to tackle him a couple weeks ago also.
No penalty for grabbing a handful of that hair and bringing him down.  I'd think that a huge liability for a healthy running back.

Peko, Maualuga, Burfict, Nelson, and Kirkpatrick would all disagree with that gameplan. Lol

Just hit him legal, hit him hard, and tackle him with the first guy, and it'll work out.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 11:38 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I counted 19, but here's the deal. The only people on that list Hill has a better YPC than?

Melvin Gordon
Matt Jones
Tre Mason

That's it. Out of the list of 20 RBs with at least 3 fumbles, Hill has the 4th worst YPC. You could even expand it to not just a higher YPC than Hill, but "anyone with 3+ fumbles and YPC under 4.0" and you'd only add one more name to that list, with 32-year-old Frank Gore at 3.7 YPC.

Some fumbling can be forgiven if you're producing, which is why while it was an issue last year, it wasn't a crippling issue. But if you're both fumbling AND not producing? That's a killer combo.

Maybe you counted Hill?  Smirk

I was only talking about his fumbling. Hill's low YPC doesn't make his fumbling a bigger issue. 3 fumbles for a RB is acceptable and pretty normal for a RB with 200+ carries.

His production is really the only thing I'm worried about unless he's fumbling 5-6 times every year.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 11:39 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Peko, Maualuga, Burfict, Nelson, and Kirkpatrick would all disagree with that gameplan. Lol

Just hit him legal, hit him hard, and tackle him with the first guy, and it'll work out.

I think I understand what you're trying to say here. But those particular dudes aren't generally players whose job it is to possess the ball and advance it, as is the case with Williams.  My point was, I think a Running back or receiver shouldn't have long hair if it could be such a liability.  By the way - here's the video of the Williams hair takedown - 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hJY_H3gRIbc
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 10:07 PM)Rattler Wrote: Fouts will undoubtedly bring up the fact he still can't feel some of his toes and Kenny Anderson has his AFC championship ring.

I was there and it was brutal - best memories are the Bengals line coming out in short sleeve shirts while the chargers were all
dressed like Randy from Christmas Story and the BenGal who got too close to the torpedo heater and literally set her ass ablaze.

Running down the sideline with a smoker.   Hilarious

Fouts conveniently leaves out the part about the Bengals hammering the Chargers 40-17 in San Diego that year.

Anderson doesn't have Fouts' ring.  Fouts had zero shot of winning it regardless of where the game was played.
Reply/Quote
The weather can make a difference. I was at the Hurricane Ike game where 70 mph winds were blowing. I recall a 90 yard punt and a minus 10 yard punt. You figure out which direction the wind was blowing.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 08:25 PM)Rattler Wrote: Problem is we haven't stopped the passing game in the middle of the field -

(01-05-2016, 08:29 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: They will use Heath Miller on us regardless.

It's just what they do.

Who cares?  Miller had 10 catches against us in the first game and they could only score 10 points.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 01:33 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Who cares?  Miller had 10 catches against us in the first game and they could only score 10 points.

You mean the game that ended 16-10?

The same game that the Bengals had to come back in the 4th quarter after trailing all game.

The fact that he had 10 catches to AJ's 11 mean nothing.

Not to mention the guy is a pretty good all around blocker.

Shut up Fred.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote