Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Driskell vs Barkley
(08-13-2018, 10:33 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I think because of the whole veteran thing.

But yeah, Driskel isn't another Matt Scott; he's done this against 2nd and 3rd stringers for 2 years now and is far and away the most athletic/strongest arm of our 3 (4?) QBs.

Why I was so high on his performance, is because he made great decisions, was accurate on his deep and intermediate throws and his pocket presence/scrambling was fantastic; the way he weaved in and out of defenders and still made STRONG and ACCURATE throws on the run... it was a great sight.

Indeed, like everyone, I want to see him against 2s.

Yeah, the guy is talented, he really impressed me last Preseason and here he goes again.

People need to put on the breaks and not overreact. Looks like we have one really good backup QB.

Needs to move up on the depth chart though obviously over this Barkley dude.

(08-14-2018, 08:34 AM)Sled21 Wrote: You're living in the past. Take all the political crap, and what it would bring, off the table.... there's still the fact that CK is not the same guy anymore. Since he let his girlfriend have his cajones, and tell him what to think, say and eat, he is underweight and his arm is dead. When he became a vegan (old indian term meaning piss poor hunter) , he hasn't looked healthy since. If he still had any game at all left in him, one of these teams would have signed him. Maybe not MB or Jerry Jones, but Miami, Seattle, etc., he would be loved..... he just isn't any good anymore. 

Thats right Sled, tell it like it is lol

(08-14-2018, 09:28 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It's Driskel, one L

I believe Driskel is leaps and bounds better than Barkely, there's little doubt in my mind. I'd like to see Dalton only play one series then bring Driskel in against some better competition and see what he can do.

I hope we get to see Woodside as well.

Thanks brother.

(08-14-2018, 10:43 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'd really like to watch a quarter with Driskel in with the 1's, have some time, and see what he can do....

Like Truck said, Driskel's pocket awareness seems very good which is a rare talent.

That to go with his running ability not something to sneeze at.

I think we could win games with him if Dalton went down. But have to see him against the 1's first to know.
Reply/Quote
It is hard for me to know exactly all the reasons, but something I like about Driskel over Barkley. I see more upside with Driskell and think the more reps he gets, the better he could get. He is more athletic as well so we could put in some special packages for him and use him a play once in a while to catch defenses off guard.

I still would like to see him play against the number 1's and with our #1's, the 2's at a minimum, but I think we would learn a lot if we started him a preseason game week 2 or 3. Game #4 in preseason is meaningless as neither #1's will play.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2018, 05:45 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It is hard for me to know exactly all the reasons, but something I like about Driskel over Barkley. I see more upside with Driskell and think the more reps he gets, the better he could get. He is more athletic as well so we could put in some special packages for him and use him a play once in a while to catch defenses off guard.

I still would like to see him play against the number 1's and with our #1's, the 2's at a minimum, but I think we would learn a lot if we started him a preseason game week 2 or 3. Game #4 in preseason is meaningless as neither #1's will play.

Driskel could give Defenses a lot of trouble in a Run Pass Option Offense i think...
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2018, 05:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Driskel could give Defenses a lot of trouble in a Run Pass Option Offense i think...

The thing is I think Dalton is also good with run/pass options so Driskel may be a little better especially on the run portion. I think some get confused on Dalton's ability to escape pressure (which is average at best in my opinion) versus his ability to run/pass on the move. He throws the ball accurately on the run which is not easy to do., we just have not given him many chances to do it.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2018, 06:05 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The thing is I think Dalton is also good with run/pass options so Driskel may be a little better especially on the run portion. I think some get confused on Dalton's ability to escape pressure (which is average at best in my opinion) versus his ability to run/pass on the move. He throws the ball accurately on the run which is not easy to do., we just have not given him many chances to do it.

True, Dalton has always been a good runner but he doesn't break people's ankles like Driskel can.

Last years run in the Preseason still sticks out, great run for a QB. Reminded me of of Vick or something.

Think i heard Lazor is going to run a RPO at times, have to have a smart, good running QB to do this.

Looks like we might see a lot of different plays on Offense this year so it should be interesting.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2018, 06:05 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The thing is I think Dalton is also good with run/pass options so Driskel may be a little better especially on the run portion. I think some get confused on Dalton's ability to escape pressure (which is average at best in my opinion) versus his ability to run/pass on the move. He throws the ball accurately on the run which is not easy to do., we just have not given him many chances to do it.

And he can do it running to his left and passing to the right.

Lot to like with him.  But I have no idea what Lazor is seeing when he is out there.
Reply/Quote