Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Green to undergo further testing
(10-31-2018, 07:01 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Short term, this sucks, but according to 90% of you the season was already shot right?....

If AJ is out for a good portion of time, I say the team should use it as a chance to evaluate what John Ross can really do for this team (if he is healthy enough). Put him out there as the #1, let's find out what happens. We need a definite conclusion on this guy and I see no better way of getting the answers.

I went out to see Broadway's a Lion King last week. Funny thing, the main child actor for Simba looked EXACTLY like a young John Ross. Same haircut, same smile, same energy and excitement. Now, if you know the story of the Lion King (spoilers ahead), Simba's father (Moofasa) gets killed, Simba runs away in fear, but then comes back and lives up to his potential. I had a weird fantasy scenario in my head where John Ross is Simba and AJ is his father Moofasa. It took Moofasa going down for Simba to live up to his potential. I made up this far-fetched and outrageous scenario where it would take AJ disappearing for John Ross to ever live up to his potential. Whelp, it sounds like this is a real possibility now.

Losing AJ is never good, but if he is gone for a few games I hope the team uses it to evaluate the other pieces of the offense. It seems to be the most productive thing to do given the situation.

Mufasa*

(11-01-2018, 10:35 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: I know people are not a fan, but bringing in Dez May not be a bad idea. If Ross is healthy and can stretch the field, dez might at least to be able to body his way to receptions?

I'm going to reiterate, he will be fine.

Someone wrote about swelling meaning a fracture?

Guess I've broken my fingers... 35 times or so in my life and seeing that they have always healed perfectly, I guess I am the 1 in all humankind anomaly, whose broken bones don't require casts or splints, etc.

The rampant speculation on the severity and, "what all this means," is completely ridiculous and illogical; stop worrying about it and get on with your lives, he'll be fine.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2018, 10:57 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Mufasa*

I'm going to reiterate, he will be fine.

Someone wrote about swelling meaning a fracture?

Guess I've broken my fingers... 35 times or so in my life and seeing that they have always healed perfectly, I guess I am the 1 in all humankind anomaly, whose broken bones don't require casts or splints, etc.

The rampant speculation on the severity and, "what all this means," is completely ridiculous and illogical; stop worrying about it and get on with your lives, he'll be fine.

Good god man, what are you doing that you’ve broken your fingers so many times??

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2018, 11:25 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Good god man, what are you doing that you’ve broken your fingers so many times??

lol I've sprained them each time, playing sports Wink

I was merely, tongue-in-cheek, saying that the person who looked up, "swelling=fracture," doesn't know what the hell he's talking about, because every time I've sprained my fingers, they swell up considerably, mostly from being jammed.

I never once even had medical attention, let alone a splint or cast.

Therefore, I am the only person in humanity's history, to NOT need a cast or splint when I break a bone, as, "swelling=fracture."

Which then led into my rant that people are dying for something to complain and worry about and they should all just shut up and worry about more important things, because AJ will be fine.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2018, 03:04 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Im sorry what? Our fans said we dont need another receiving weapon,so we should be good to go without green.

I'm sorry what?

Link to every fan who claimed we do not need another WR if Green is out.

I'll wait.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2018, 07:21 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Hopefully nothing serious.  Dude is consistently of the best in the world at his craft.  

Exactly, i am not jumping to no conclusions here, i heard he just jammed the toe.

Precautions is all i am thinking right now.
Reply/Quote
Why further testing??? Diagnosed with turf toe.Fairly common injury.Any competant doctor should know the precautions and procedures in treating this.Further testing??? Sounds a little weird to me.Hope it’s nothing too serious.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2018, 02:41 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Why further testing??? Diagnosed with turf toe.Fairly common injury.Any competant doctor should know the precautions and procedures in treating this.Further testing??? Sounds a little weird to me.Hope it’s nothing too serious.

Probably because of whose toe it is and they don't want to screw it up.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2018, 01:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I'm sorry what?

Link to every fan who claimed we do not need another WR if Green is out.

I'll wait.

Lol just look at the free agency thread, we dont need a receiving weapon. If that was true wed still have a shot winning a regular season game without him.
Reply/Quote
The league is so worried about injuries, they need to start making these guys wear actual cleats again. In the race for speed, they have been wearing lighter and lighter footware. I have heard the analysts on Sirius there is a serious belief amongst the Medical staffs that this is resulting in higher occasions of foot injuries, especially Lisfranc injuries. If the league would mandate a shoe with a minimum standard of cushion and protection, it would put everyone back on equal footing with no advantage to anyone. I heard they were looking at making certain position players go back to bigger shoulder pads, it only makes sense they would mandate a shoe with adequate support.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2018, 03:03 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Lol just look at the free agency thread, we dont need a receiving weapon. If that was true wed still have a shot winning a regular season game without him.

I am familiar with that discussion.  None of it applied to losing Green.
Reply/Quote