Poll: Will We Make the Playoffs
We will Make the Playoffs but Lose
We will Make the Playoffs and Win
We Will not Make the Playoffs
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will We Make the Playoffs?
(10-19-2016, 10:47 AM)Marlon23 Wrote: With all the Election Crap going on, I think it is time for Our Own Little Poll.  

Will We Make the Playoffs and lose?  
Will We Make the Playoffs and Win a Playoff Game?
We Will Not make the Playoffs?
Our defense is no longer one of the best in the league. Hence, we will not make the playoffs! Time to rebuild! 

Not blaming Andy, but who thinks this team needs a $15 million QB to win? Not me! But at the end of this season that's a question I believe MB should ask himself...A rebuilding team with more 1st round picks on offense than most teams, but had been making the playoffs largely due to defense. Hmmm!

Use Andys cap space to build a dominating defense. Think, Trent Dilfer. 
Reply/Quote
Whenever our hopes rise, there seems to be a massive fall. Now that our hopes are falling, it is time for the climb. Make it into the playoffs and get the win as a big underdog, its due for sure!
[Image: Sig.jpg]
Reply/Quote
If we join the Chinese Indoor Football League we're a shoe in FOR SURE! https://youtu.be/LF-Tola7r74
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We will finish 9-7 and miss the playoffs people will ***** and want Marvin fired.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Yes I think we will make the playoffs as I have stated in other threads. I think people are going a little overboard after these last two losses. I'll admit I was probably too down on the team after that Dallas game. I actually feel much more confident after the pats game, they actually played pretty well for the first 3 qtr or so before the wheels completely came off. I don't think anyone really thought we were gonna get beat far worse than we did by Dallas which didn't happen.

We have all seen this before and people always overreact when we lose to good teams. Like it or not this team always loses to the good ones and racks up wins against the mediocre ones. The schedule gets a lot more manageable from here on out so the bengals will get on a run against inferior opponents as usual.

That said I don't think we win a playoff game because we can't beat the playoff caliber teams as usual. I voted that way, make the playoffs and lose. That said I won't completely rule out a win because all it takes is the team getting hot at the right time to change the annual playoff collapse
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 02:46 PM)grampahol Wrote: If we join the Chinese Indoor Football League we're a shoe in FOR SURE! https://youtu.be/LF-Tola7r74

Are there Black Asians?  I never knew this!
Reply/Quote
We'll go into the playoffs as AFCN Champs....
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 03:04 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Are there Black Asians?  I never knew this!

Actually yes, but don't tell that to the Chinese. Huge swaths of the middle east are in Asia and it's not really far from Africa . Yeah, I know...picky picky, but true. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 02:08 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: Our defense is no longer one of the best in the league. Hence, we will not make the playoffs! Time to rebuild! 

Not blaming Andy, but who thinks this team needs a $15 million QB to win? Not me! But at the end of this season that's a question I believe MB should ask himself...A rebuilding team with more 1st round picks on offense than most teams, but had been making the playoffs largely due to defense. Hmmm!

Use Andys cap space to build a dominating defense. Think, Trent Dilfer. 

$16 million per year is an extremely good bargain in today's NFL.  Unless you have a guy on his rookie deal or a not at all reliable journeyman (think Fitzpatrick or Sanchez), then Andy's salary is at the very low end of what you could get a quarterback for.  Not to mention he is basically what gives this team a chance to win right now...

As to the original question, no I do not think we make the playoffs this year.  I think the team has a much greater chance of a top ten pick than it does playing in January.
Reply/Quote
we might win division if Ben is out for 4 or 5 weeks.

If we make playoffs, based upon what I have seen, there is no chance of making Super Bowl and chances of winning a playoff game are remote.

Our line play is too poor to get after the QB of an elite team or control the pocket against an elite defense.

We have some good pieces but it would be best to get a high draft slot and clean house on coaching staff- not just fire Marvin and then hire a coordinator and keep the rest of the staff.

Organization needs new idea and new energy.

No other business - and no NFL team- would have kept Marvin for this length of time given his unprecedented record of losing in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 03:24 PM)grampahol Wrote: Actually yes, but don't tell that to the Chinese. Huge swaths of the middle east are in Asia and it's not really far from Africa . Yeah, I know...picky picky, but true. 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afro-Asians  I don't know why this hit me like seriously black asians.. but I just never thought of it before..  Of course there would be...  
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 05:04 PM)bengals67 Wrote: we might win division if Ben is out for 4 or 5 weeks.

If we make playoffs, based upon what I have seen, there is no chance of making Super Bowl and chances of winning a playoff game are remote.

Our line play is too poor to get after the QB of an elite team or control the pocket against an elite defense.

We have some good pieces but it would be best to get a high draft slot and clean house on coaching staff- not just fire Marvin and then hire a coordinator and keep the rest of the staff.

Organization needs new idea and new energy.

No other business - and no NFL team- would have kept Marvin for this length of time given his unprecedented record of losing in the playoffs.

Some good points here, I believe we have a good shot, with a little Luck.  Ben going down is a start..  
Reply/Quote
The Bengals are not as good as last year, but the AFC North is not as good as last year.

Gentle Ben is out 4 to 6 weeks and Andy Dalton is playing very well.

I think we have a 50 percent chance making the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 10:49 AM)Marlon23 Wrote: I just have that Gut feeling. 

Probably the after effects of a tuna on rye with tear soaked fries.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 08:34 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Probably the after effects of a tuna on rye with tear soaked fries.

LOL.. you must admit that was pretty good!!  LOL..  Better than anything Kurtis Squeezed out. Do you play music link or anything??
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 08:34 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Probably the after effects of a tuna on rye with tear soaked fries.

Well played sir  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 08:57 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: LOL.. you must admit that was pretty good!!  LOL..  Better than anything Kurtis Squeezed out.  Do you play music link or anything??

If Nirvana would have put out another album they should have named it "3 Dudes And A Cup".
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Best case scenario we win the division. But that happening is even a stretch. Ben will be back by the time we face him. Ravens always play us tough. And this team has no heart/identity. What makes you think we would even do anything in the playoffs? Honestly Id rather them not make the playoffs and get a higher draft pick this year. We're setting ourselves up for inevitable heartbreak if we have any hope of winning their first playoff game. Marvin Lewis doesn't have the spine to coach our team to a playoff win. Let's all hope he falls flat on his face and finally gets fired. Rant iver
Reply/Quote
It's going to be tough but I haven't given up on this season
Reply/Quote
If we're going off gut feelings, I really think Andy Dalton saves Marvin's job. As bad as the right side of the line and the holes in the D have made this team, Andy continues to shine. This man is cold blooded, and will raise his game even more even if others don't. That shouldn't be enough, but Ben's injury and I really think Cincy sweeps Balitmore means I believe the Bengals will win the Central.

So for better or worse, that playoff win this year means Marvin gets a few more years no matter....thanks to Andy. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote