Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Will We Regret Not Re-Signing Bates
(09-04-2021, 10:31 PM)bengaloo Wrote: We havent not resigned him yet, still plenty of time. Until he goes officially on the FA market, he's a Bengal. I'm guessing he will sign here before that happens.

Idk.  I like to think that things are changing in the Bengals front office.  Even so, it's odd to see them not trying to lock up one of the league's best young defenders and arguably the best player on the team.  This team traditionally undervalues guards and safeties.  It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see them sit on their hands once they run out of options and Bates gets a shot at the open market.  
Reply/Quote
Not as odd as seeing fans claim that they are not trying.

It is possible the the Bengals have made Jesse a reasonable offer and he has rejected it.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2021, 11:12 PM)samhain Wrote: Idk.  I like to think that things are changing in the Bengals front office.  Even so, it's odd to see them not trying to lock up one of the league's best young defenders and arguably the best player on the team.  This team traditionally undervalues guards and safeties.  It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see them sit on their hands once they run out of options and Bates gets a shot at the open market.  

Things eventually change. Winning teams prioritize Guards and Safeties just the same as shiny weapons.

Didn't expect us to sign Reader last year or Hendrickson this year so things just might be changing round here.
Reply/Quote