Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will We See a Lot of Hill?
I thought we'd see a ton of Hill last week because I thought we'd start giving him the ball more, and it didn't make sense to me as to why he wasn't playing until it became public that he missed a meeting on Saturday because he overslept.

Denver also has the best D in the league, so will we Hill as our big dog?

His stats from last week don't look great, but they're skewed by the fact that he was given -5 on that one fumble and also by the fact that he got a bunch of carries inside the 10, two of which were on two one-yard touchdown runs.

Even if Brock is injured on his non-throwing shoulder, I'd rather not try and win a shootout against that defense, so will it be the Hill show?
Reply/Quote
Why not the Gio show?
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2015, 10:41 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I thought we'd see a ton of Hill last week because I thought we'd start giving him the ball more, and it didn't make sense to me as to why he wasn't playing until it became public that he missed a meeting on Saturday because he overslept.

His stats from last week don't look great, but they're skewed by the fact that he was given -5 on that one fumble and also by the fact that he got a bunch of carries inside the 10, two of which were on two one-yard touchdown runs.

Even if Brock is injured on his non-throwing shoulder, I'd rather not try and win a shootout against that defense, so will it be the Hill show?
Lol  is this a joke? 

Reply/Quote
Nope.  Spread the ball around.  Run and pass.  No one gets "a ton" of anything.

Quite frankly if Eifert is playing the whole dynamic of the game will look different from the last game offensively.

Of course that's just a hunch. Smirk
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2015, 10:41 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I thought we'd see a ton of Hill last week because I thought we'd start giving him the ball more, and it didn't make sense to me as to why he wasn't playing until it became public that he missed a meeting on Saturday because he overslept.

Do you work for Jeremy Hill? :jk:

In all seriousness, Jeremey Hill has been a huge disappointment this year.  It's not Hue's fault, or because he fumbled couple of times vs SD.  It's not because the coaches don't trust him.  It's because he has ho hum at best, and has sucked at worst.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2015, 10:58 PM)jason Wrote: Do you work for Jeremy Hill? :jk:

In all seriousness, Jeremey Hill has been a huge disappointment this year.  It's not Hue's fault, or because he fumbled couple of times vs SD.  It's not because the coaches don't trust him.  It's because he has ho hum at best, and has sucked at worst.

Sadly this is true.  Hope he figures it out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I was hoping Gio starting was permanent. It worked well last year. Having Hill as the starter has not worked out like I thought. Let the D get tired chasing Gio around then cram Hill down their throat.

But don't be stupid and use the wrong guy like last week. Short yardage put Hill in. If we want to throw to the RB use Gio. The common sense stuff
Reply/Quote

Sure, if you want endless 3-and-outs and a loss.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
We should have just had a sticky topic at the top of the forum this season that said "IS THIS THE WEEK HILL GOES OFF??????"
Reply/Quote
And here Brad is just trolling the hell out of everyone. Lighting the fire just to watch it burn. I like it.

Reply/Quote
I'm sure that is always the plan (using Hill) going into every game, establishing a tough running game. Unfortunately it hasn't worked out very well this year for a number of reasons - mainly because our o-line has been getting *****-slapped throughout the year.
Reply/Quote

I don;t see going to Hill exclusively ... especially since Gio is better at picking up blitz and better at screens and draws which are designed better against the blitz... We don;t really have a bell cow back so I see it depends on the game plan.  Last week Gio carried it alot early.. well that could have been Hill since that was the game plan but he was benched for a quarter.  So my answer is we see both backs and a little more of Gio if the are gaming planning more on blitz packages
Reply/Quote
The Quarterback needs to open the ball down the field to get Gio and Hill space to run.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2015, 11:22 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: The Quarterback needs to open the ball down the field to get Gio and Hill space to run.

I'm hoping Hue does this as well.  McCarron has a very good deep ball.  It's a strength -- Use it.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
I honestly think we are using Hill and Gio with wrong downs and certain plays... on 3rd 6 etc I dont know why gio is in if we are going over the middle with TE... Jeremy should be in to block in case of the rush... then we use Jeremy on a screen play which he drops the throw/ granted not the best pass by AJ.. and then 4th and 1 we use GIO?... when Jeremy should be in.. I posted this before, but I hope we see them used a little bit differently this week... I honestly want to see Jeremy with more touches so he can get going and I would love to see Gio on returns I think he could be as good as Adam in time... my 2cents.. now going to watch more Good Burger!!!
Reply/Quote
The problem is Denver's Defense is leagues better than the 49ers. But we have AJ Green...get the ball near him, lol.
Also, it wouldn't hurt to do some playaction fakes. I might be wrong but I don't think I've seen him pull one off yet - and Dalton's pump fakes have always been win, even though he rarely uses them.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I've always thought that a QB that can play action fake, really opens up the running lanes for the RB. It not only can lead to big pass plays but it also can stop those LBs from filling gaps for a few split seconds giving the offensive line an advantage and the RB a step to shoot through the hole.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Fair question considering Hill is the biggest reason we beat the Broncos last year on MNF. I know some just love hating on Hill now that he's having a Benson/Law Firm type of year, but he's still a very important piece. Especially near the end zone.

I don't think he should be featured, but I wouldn't mind testing the Broncos with him early. As always, Gio should be involved as well.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2015, 01:50 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Fair question considering Hill is the biggest reason we beat the Broncos last year on MNF. I know some just love hating on Hill now that he's having a Benson/Law Firm type of year, but he's still a very important piece. Especially near the end zone.

I don't think he should be featured, but I wouldn't mind testing the Broncos with him early. As always, Gio should be involved as well.
No it's not a good question.

Not worded as such. "A lot"

Now if Brad asked if Hill would have more carries than last week?

Perhaps.

It all depends on the progression in the game.

Yes you have to have patience in the ground game but if it's not working they need to adjust.

The most important factors of course are the overall blocking and if AJM is able to dump out of certain runs from defense reads.

Look I'm one of the people who felt we should draft another RB in the higher rounds just to get The Firm out of his role as starting RB.

I don't think Hill is the whole problem but I'm starting to wonder about his field vision abilities.

I also have to wonder if his raw talent has been skewed by coaching or perhaps of his own doing.

It seems as if he is not running in a downhill style that was used historically.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2015, 02:14 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: No it's not a good question.

Not worded as such. "A lot"

Now if Brad asked if Hill would have more carries than last week?

Perhaps.

It all depends on the progression in the game.

Yes you have to have patience in the ground game but if it's not working they need to adjust.

The most important factors of course are the overall blocking and if AJM is able to dump out of certain runs from defense reads.

Look I'm one of the people who felt we should draft another RB in the higher rounds just to get The Firm out of his role as starting RB.

I don't think Hill is the whole problem but I'm starting to wonder about his field vision abilities.

I also have to wonder if his raw talent has been skewed by coaching or perhaps of his own doing.

It seems as if he is not running in a downhill style that was used historically.

Look, I get that it's popular to pick on Brad, but I understood what he was saying/asking. 

Hill just doesn't have it this year, but when I see a player rush for 1100 yards on 5.1 ypc and then see that ypc drop to 3.3 the next season, I think it's a little more complex than simply saying he sucks or suddenly "lacks vision". There could be numerous factors, such as change in offensive philosophy, blocking schemes, fullback usage, etc. 

Also it's possible that Hill is playing through undisclosed injury (it happens) or maybe he's just dancing more this year. Either way, I believe Hill proved his physical talent last year. He ripped off constant big gainers and looked like he was going to be a stud for years. You just don't see scrubs coming in and doing what he did last year.

It's more likely that it's a down year for him and something needs to change in order for him to regain his old form. We've seen down years from RBs many times. Doug Martin was abysmal for 2 years after a stellar rookie season. Now he's leading the NFL in rushing. The talent was always there.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote