Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Westerman get a shot this year at Center.
Did you watch Westerman in preseason? I thought he was very good as rg. I have never seen him play center, I do know he practiced there in preseason. Everything wrirren about him has been positive.
Reply/Quote
Interesting to note: Bodine (besides week 1) so the last three games, has ranked out as in the top 3 of our Offensive players on PFF.

He is actually getting better. Shocker!

I wish we had a different center as well, but I'm hoping that maybe he can become something good. Don't need great, just good.
[Image: 2qGWGd.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 02:43 PM)Lqhybrid25 Wrote: Interesting to note: Bodine (besides week 1) so the last three games, has ranked out as in the top 3 of our Offensive players on PFF.

I wish we had a different center as well, but I'm hoping that maybe he can become something good. Don't need great, just good.

PFF is ******** sometimes. Bodine has not even been close to our 3rd best offensive player in any game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 02:45 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: PFF is ******** sometimes. Bodine has not even been close to our 3rd best offensive player in any game.

See I don't understand that logic. People on the boards and in articles bring up PFF all the time, the second it doesn't have a stat they like, they denounce it.

Fair is fair, you can't have it both ways, either PFF is a good resource that is credible or its not.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 02:55 PM)Lqhybrid25 Wrote: See I don't understand that logic. People on the boards and in articles bring up PFF all the time, the second it doesn't have a stat they like, they denounce it.

Fair is fair, you can't have it both ways, either PFF is a good resource that is credible or its not.

I challenge you to find where I have ever given praise to PFF or used it as a credible source. Most of the posts that I even mention it I bash it.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 04:27 PM)SYLVIA Wrote: Did you watch Westerman in preseason?  I thought he was very good as rg. I have never seen him play center, I do know he practiced there in preseason.  Everything wrirren about him has been positive.

He did look very good in the Preseason and with the way Zeitler has been playing i wouldn't mind having a
RG to back him up in case this keeps up.

(10-06-2016, 02:43 PM)Lqhybrid25 Wrote: Interesting to note: Bodine (besides week 1) so the last three games, has ranked out as in the top 3 of our Offensive players on PFF.

I hope you are correct and those have not been typos the last 3 games on PFF lmao.

What has happened to Zeitler man? Shocked
Reply/Quote
Westerman has never taken a snap at center with the first team O-line.

there just is not enough prac tice time during the season to work him into that role.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 08:24 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: We all know the issue we have with Bodine at center, except for Paul Alexander. I believe Westerman was drafted to be our future Center, but it looks like the future is now. Check out who the NFL draft site compares him to. Will he get his shot THIS YEAR, or will we keep rolling Bodine out there and hoping for the Best?

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/christian-westerman?id=2555131

I think he ends up at Guard next year if they let Zeitler walk....it won't go another year without addressing Center early in the draft.  They wont go FA, but they will have a number of compensatory picks next year and I could see them using something as early as a second on a Center.  If they don't go anywhere in the playoffs (or even to the playoffs), Bodine will be flushed out.  
Reply/Quote
I think Westerman's job is to lift weights (in order to keep impressing Alexander) and take over for Zeitler next year when we let him go in free agency.
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 04:05 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think he ends up at Guard next year if they let Zeitler walk....it won't go another year without addressing Center early in the draft.  They wont go FA, but they will have a number of compensatory picks next year and I could see them using something as early as a second on a Center.  If they don't go anywhere in the playoffs (or even to the playoffs), Bodine will be flushed out.  

I like this plan. I wanted us to re-sign Zeit before the season but he has not played well enough this year for
even a mediocre Guard contract. He has been THAT bad, don't know what is up with him. It is not physical for
all i know, he was working hiss ass off this Offseason. Maybe there is something we don't know about?
Reply/Quote
Westerman will get his shot next season. When we're looking for a replacement for Zeitler.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 04:14 PM)lostpoet2 Wrote: I think Westerman's job is to lift weights (in order to keep impressing Alexander) and take over for Zeitler next year when we let him go in free agency.

I'm not so sure that Zeitler's play this year will warrant a mega-contract from another team, in which case they may just keep him.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 08:24 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: We all know the issue we have with Bodine at center, except for Paul Alexander. I believe Westerman was drafted to be our future Center, but it looks like the future is now. Check out who the NFL draft site compares him to. Will he get his shot THIS YEAR, or will we keep rolling Bodine out there and hoping for the Best?

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/christian-westerman?id=2555131

You answered you question in the first sentence. The coaches think more of Bodine than you do, and they are the coaches. Also I do not hear the non bias Network announces of games last year or this year saying Bodine is getting lit up or destroyed, in fact I often here them say what a good block he made.  I am hearing them say our new right tackle is getting beaten. I hear that a lot. Of course he is a rookie, and I wonder if we still have the veteran right tackle, but again I fall to the coaches who must want the rookie in there. 

Considering this franchise only put together back to back play-off seasons once in 1981 and 1982, far be it from me to put down the coaches too much who have put together 5 straight play-off seasons which is unheard of for this franchise. I do question Zampese on his run plays, or lack of power run plays since he is a new offensive coordinator. Time will tell if he is a good OC.  He should be with his experience with Green Bay, St Louis and Cincinnati.  Time will tell.  

I'm going to guess Bodine isn't as bad as many of you say, just as Nugent isn't as bad as many of you say.  You want late 5th round pick rookie to start and he is mostly a guard. Probably not going to happen. 

Paul Alexander : " You guys are asking about the Bodine witch hunt, right ?  Let me tell you about Bodine, all right ? Let me tell you about him.  He is better than Boling was after two years. He is similar to what Zeitler was.  Zeitler didn't start out that great.  I was talking to Whitworth about Rich Braham.  He said don't compare Bodine to Braham.  Braham didn't even step on the field until his third year.  Bodine is a young player that came in starting with a bunch of veterans.  I don't care what anybody else says, I think Bodine is a hell of a player. That is where I am on that  ".......( source- internet-Cincinnati Enquirer 2016. )

You add this with the fact Westerman is mostly a guard and has no NFL experience and was a late 5th round pick.  You are dreaming if you think they are just going to bench Bodine for this late round rookie guard just because some fans are on a Bodine witch hunt as Alexander says....Many all knowing fans wanted Nugent cut. How smart do those fans look right now ???......Many fans wanted Dalton cut his first few years as the Dalton witch hunt went wild ....Thank God the coaches are smart enough not to listen to the fans too much.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I can't read all of these but shortest and simplest answer is this: No.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 10:29 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Alexander is such a stubborn f*****g idiot. This is like the whole Eric Gutcheck/Nate Livings thing all over again. Alexander has a hard on for "projects" and constantly hypes up terrible lineman like they're worth a damn. God only knows why. Dude doesn't have a damn clue and should have been gone decades ago

This is how he has kept his job all these years.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 08:52 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I doubt Westerman will be able to be the center this year unless Bodine gets injured. Westerman hasn't really played center before, and playing center takes a lot more smarts than what you would think. Westerman would have to learn a whole lot in a little amount of time.

Well, the sooner he gets started at that learning the sooner he's be able to get in a game.

I'm all for having the guy take some snaps in practice.

Or maybe he can play RT or FB or something. LOL

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 03:22 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I challenge you to find where I have ever given praise to PFF or used it as a credible source. Most of the posts that I even mention it I bash it.

I wasn't talking about you, that was more of a general shout out to all the wishy washy people.

You just happened to be the person who triggered the rant. 
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 03:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He did look very good in the Preseason and with the way Zeitler has been playing i wouldn't mind having a
RG to back him up in case this keeps up.

I hope you are correct and those have not been typos the last 3 games on PFF lmao.

What has happened to Zeitler man? Shocked

I just checked PFF again, while Bodine has been ranked better and one of the top players...its not saying much. Barely any Bengals player outside of Dalton, Green, and Whit on the offensive side has been ranked well. So yeah
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2016, 03:05 PM)Lqhybrid25 Wrote: I just checked PFF again, while Bodine has been ranked better and one of the top players...its not saying much. Barely any Bengals player outside of Dalton, Green, and Whit on the offensive side has been ranked well. So yeah

I have seen a few good plays from Boling but other than that even Whit has not looked even close to the same this year.

Hope he is not falling off.
Reply/Quote
PFF is not the best source for grading anything really.

Bodine has been flat out terrible this season. CBS in their preview of the Dallas game called him out by name on the run game problems, and he lets defenders go past him unblocked (typically by blowing the assignment) way too often. They also called out Zeitler as a problem.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/what-to-watch-priscos-film-study-notes-on-key-matchups-in-every-nfl-week-5-game/
Reply/Quote