Poll: Would You Be Done If Lewis Came Back Or A New Coach Was Hired Within?
Yes- You can only push a man so far
No- I would digest and hope for the best. Bengals for life
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will You Be Seriously Done With The Bengals If....
Would you be seriously done with the Bengals if they did end up resigning Lewis to another contract or a lazy hiring a.k.a from within current organization?

Would this be the tipping point for you or would you settle down in the off season and be back on the train for the 2018 season?
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 06:59 PM)GodFather Wrote: Would you be seriously done with the Bengals if they did end up resigning Lewis to another contract or a lazy hiring a.k.a from within current organization?

Would this be the tipping point for you or would you settle down in the off season and be back on the train for the 2018 season?

First, there's what I'd say I'll do, which is walk away.  Then, there's what I'll actually do, which is be right back for another 17 week session of mental abuse.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 07:01 PM)McC Wrote: First, there's what I'd say I'll do, which is walk away.  Then, there's what I'll actually do, which is be right back for another 17 week session of mental abuse.

Yep, I’d be pissed and expect a horrible team but would still root for them. The one exception that would really put me over the edge would be if Paul Alexander was made HC. I will be 100% done if that happens. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Lifelong Bengals fan, but if he's back I may have to seriously reconsider my fandom. If Mike Brown doesn't care about winning, why should I care about his team? They do not deserve anyone's loyalty.
Reply/Quote
If Paul Alexander is named head coach I’ll burn my piano in protest.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 07:04 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Yep, I’d be pissed and expect a horrible team but would still root for them. The one exception that would really put me over the edge would be if Paul Alexander was made HC. I will be 100% done if that happens. 
He was here the last time and he didn't get the job.  Gives me a shred of hope for this time.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I’ll be finding out if I look good in purple. If it’s a lazy hire from within the son of Paul will not be getting any more of my time or energy. I’ll be spending more time following the Vikings. Will I still hang out here and post? Hell to the Yes! You can’t get rid of me that easily! :)
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
If the Bengals keeping people like Pacman Jones on the roster doesn’t chase you away, but bringing Marvin Lewis back as coach does, you suck as a person.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I wanna say yes but that’s a lie I’m doomed for life of misery
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
Been done for 2 years now. Marv is leaving. Now Mikey needs to go and then the world will brighter.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 07:41 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Been done for 2 years now. Marv is leaving. Now Mikey needs to go and then the world will brighter.

Mike will go when he leaves this world, until then he's not going anywhere.
Reply/Quote
They're my team, win or lose. I'm not going to make any empty threats. Sure they piss me off at times, but they also bring me a ton of fun and entertainment.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 07:04 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Yep, I’d be pissed and expect a horrible team but would still root for them. The one exception that would really put me over the edge would be if Paul Alexander was made HC. I will be 100% done if that happens. 

I might go over the edge if they bring this sorry excuse of an o line coach back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 07:26 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: If the Bengals keeping people like Pacman Jones on the roster doesn’t chase you away, but bringing Marvin Lewis back as coach does, you suck as a person.

I agree that Jones should have been released, a couple of episodes ago.  On Marvin, he should be done as coach.  However, I do think that he has good value in personnel.  Would not be upset if they brought him into the front office.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Nope. Bengal for life (unless they move, then eff them). Hope they go outside, but unfortunately believe Guenther gonna be the hire.
Reply/Quote
Tough question. I have been through this before. I even made a post on one of the earlier boards (before this one) about how I was finished with the team. I think this was after 2010, not sure. Got all the usual "don't let the door hit you on the way out" stuff. I knew as soon as the team started winning I would be right back on the bandwagon. But if they don't make some changes, and that doesn't just mean getting a new HC, but doing things to make the fan experience more entertaining (just look at how much fun the Vikings fans have with their big horn and other things) then I would have to consider abandoning a team I have followed since day one, 1968. The Titans are looking good and aren't too far away (I live in Lexington, and my daughter and her family live about half an hour north of Nashville) I would consider switching allegiances.
Reply/Quote
I'd just scale back my fandom. Watch fewer games, check more box scores. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 06:59 PM)GodFather Wrote: Would you be seriously done with the Bengals if they did end up resigning Lewis to another contract or a lazy hiring a.k.a from within current organization?

I'm all for :  Marvin made GM, we need a GM, and we haven't had a football person in front office since Paul Brown died.   Since we had Zimmer, Gruden under Marvin, my hope is if we make Marvin GM and football up the front office at the top....that the coaches will work out.....and the players....down to the water boys.....from the top down, not vise versa. 

Now will Bengals hire a GM, probably not. Oh, Katie or somebody might give themselves the GM title, but it won't be like having a real GM. With Pete Brown passing on, there is a front office opening which could be a true football GM, but it will probably just be a Brown or Blackburn moving up the Family Tree, All In The Family.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I survived the 90s but I was in my 20s then. I’m getting less and less patient. I’ve decided to see what this offseason looks like. If it’s the normal ignore free agency and not drafting 3 Olinemen, I’m out. Once I do finally hit my limit on being mentally abused, I’m just going to dump the NFL all together. There are signs that it’s rigged anyways. It is a weird physiological thing though that we grown men would put up with what we will and keep coming back. It’s honestly at a disgusting level for all of us.
Reply/Quote
If Marvin is brought back or Paul Alexander is hired. Yes. I will be taking a much needed break. Not even exaggerating, I won't pay any attention to this team until those worthless jack knobs are gone
Reply/Quote